April 22 Game #4 Montreal at Ottawa

DON

Really thought Galchenyuk would be doing more.

Gally has been playing a weak game for months now. As i have said before i have lowered my high expectations for him considerably. That hat trick he scored all set up by max seems like a very long time ago.

No chucky is not gonna be a big asset for the habs in these play offs. Price will take us as far as he possible can.

Ducks in same spot as habs were tonight, looking to finish off opponent.....they are playing great and up 2-1 early in second. Well coached club.

I think it was almost predictable. Ottawa on the deathbed .. down 3 games. Playing in Ottawa with raucous suport, 14 people cheering for the Habs. Predictable let up after 3 in a row. We had a couple of near chances too. Next game is in Montreal.

tell that to anahiem

Guest Stogey24

Gally has been playing a weak game for months now. As i have said before i have lowered my high expectations for him considerably. That hat trick he scored all set up by max seems like a very long time ago.

No chucky is not gonna be a big asset for the habs in these play offs. Price will take us as far as he possible can.

Ducks in same spot as habs were tonight, looking to finish off opponent.....they are playing great and up 2-1 early in second. Well coached club.

Ya, your right for sure

This club has no offence, no p/p and tonite it cost us. They get a p/p goal on that gift of a penalty on the faceoff, and the hens collapse like a cheap tent. That is killer instinct. The whole team thought it was wed night public skating. Except Price of course. Well it is not the end of the world we go home now and take em out like professionals. Just when I was begining to think Le Genius knew what he was doing, tonite happens. Gilbert is really bad and playing him on his off side ain't helping. How many times is he going to give the puck away before Therrien wakes up? Better an old Gonchar than a dummy. I really never saw Gilbert as being that bad untill the last 2 games. Maybe we should go get weaver out of whatever hole we stuck him in. Or for crying out loud where the hell is crankshaft? (that was for Don :) ) I vote Gilbert for hot dog duty. And for crying out loud whoever is supposed to be in charge of the P/P needs a good solid kick in the nuts. Nite all

This club has no offence, no p/p and tonite it cost us. They get a p/p goal on that gift of a penalty on the faceoff, and the hens collapse like a cheap tent. That is killer instinct. The whole team thought it was wed night public skating. Except Price of course. Well it is not the end of the world we go home now and take em out like professionals. Just when I was begining to think Le Genius knew what he was doing, tonite happens. Gilbert is really bad and playing him on his off side ain't helping. How many times is he going to give the puck away before Therrien wakes up? Better an old Gonchar than a dummy. I really never saw Gilbert as being that bad untill the last 2 games. Maybe we should go get weaver out of whatever hole we stuck him in. Or for crying out loud where the hell is crankshaft? (that was for Don :) ) I vote Gilbert for hot dog duty. And for crying out loud whoever is supposed to be in charge of the P/P needs a good solid kick in the nuts. Nite all

if rookies play like gilbert and they are in hamilton before they can hit the showers. ha!

Max looks like he's still out in left field if you ask me.

still groggy. head injury

Well, I picked the right game NOT to watch. (Actually, I PVRd it, but heard the result before I could get to the TV, and based on that, didn't bother).

All I can say is:

1. Too bad we couldn't get the sweep. But any panic is obviously silly. What is imperative, however, is that the Habs play a strong 60 minutes next game. We sure don't want to lose that one. I've been worried all along about allowing Ottawa's 'comeback kid' narrative to start generating momentum. We have to snuff it out.

2. If Gilly is playing on the wrong side, then his play needs to be viewed charitably.

3. I was afraid all along that Max would play through a concussion. It looks like that is what he's doing, doesn't it? Damned fool.

4. How come the commentators keep lamenting the injury to Stone, and how it's stopping him from being effective, etc., but don't seem nearly as solicitous of MaxPac? The fact is, both teams' key sniper is playing hurt. That sucks for both sides.

Let's get 'em in Montreal, boys!!!!

4. How come the commentators keep lamenting the injury to Stone, and how it's stopping him from being effective, etc., but don't seem nearly as solicitous of MaxPac? The fact is, both teams' key sniper is playing hurt. That sucks for both sides.

One happened in the series and is fresh in everyone's minds - Montreal fans, Ottawa fans, and the casual viewers. Pacioretty's happened during the regular season (a few weeks ago), isn't as fresh, and only Montreal fans would really care about it. That would be my guess.

With Montreal's offence really sputtering, is anyone else hoping Parenteau finds his way back into the lineup tomorrow?

I hope MT ripped em a new one after the game! There was very little reading on the 'give-a-shit" meter and that's unacceptable. It resembled the last game of an extended road trip..in the west..among the beaches..and the hotties..and the clubbing. Sorry, I got sidetracked (I need a vacation!) But yeah, lets put forth a real effort fri boys!

Glad they lost, was time for a fancy GDT from someone else, mine suck! :angry2:

Again, some crazy overreaction for a, as T-hab noted, quite predictable outcome.

Had hoped would do as last year with Tampa, but Molson and home fans will appreciate another game to watch...what else is going on Friday anyways.

GHG!

Incidentally, I'd meant to pipe in and endorse Habs30/31's comments about Galchenyuk. I've been saying all series: we need Galy to step up a bit. You look at a team that has trouble scoring, and one player stands out as having the potential to make things happen, while reliably not doing so: Galchenyuk. (I know, I know, he scored the OT winner in Game Two, but that play in itself was nothing exceptional, and notwithstanding one assist, he's done little beyond that. By contrast, guys like Pleks and Desharnais, who don't have great numbers yet, at least seem to be involved in making things happen, taking the initiative, etc.).

I don't know whether I'd go so far as to say we need to 'lower expectations' on Galy in terms of his overall career arc. But it definitely looks as though he will not be one of those 'secondary scorers' who steps up and makes any real impact in these playoffs. I notice Mr. April ,Eller, is also failing to deliver offence notwithstanding what appears to be solid all-around play.

Weise, Flynn, and Mitchell have done their part. It's up to the top nine to step up, dammit.

Saad, Forsberg, Monahan, Zibanejad, Galchenyuk all 4games & 2 pts.

Galchenyuk now with 2 playoff OT winners, same as Lafleur had in career.

(and that Lafleur guy wasn't too bad)

Guy's teams beat their opposition in regulation more often than not...and AG has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as a legend. However, it did take Guy a couple seasons and a position switch before he really blossomed into the Flower.

Weise, Flynn, and Mitchell have done their part. It's up to the top nine to step up, dammit.

Yes sir!

Last night we were just plain old bad from the half way mark of first period, and I would like to see PA back in the lineup, because he is about the only thing we got on the bench that can add offense... how long is his injury status marked at now?

4 games in guys, I'm gonna take it easy on Galchenyuk, we have 13 more wins to secure so a long road. I would like to see Plekanec hit the net just once after a nice feed from Galchenyuk, hard to notice his nice passes and possession skills with that happening 5-10 times every game.

Guest Stogey24

Saad, Forsberg, Monahan, Zibanejad, Galchenyuk all 4games & 2 pts.

Galchenyuk now with 2 playoff OT winners, same as Lafleur had in career.

(and that Lafleur guy wasn't too bad)

Galchenyuk is waiting for the Puck to come to him and patrolling the parameters. Its looks like he doesn't want to get hit, to be completely honest

Galchenyuk needs to bury some of the chances he has. He also needs guys to bury the puck when he gets it to them. I keep thinking he is going to break out at any moment but the chances keep sliding by. I don't know if he is trying to be too fancy or he is just the unluckiest s.o.b in the league. Of course that kind of applies to this team, they generate lots of chances but can't close the deal. They are like a bunch of 16 year old virgins, they don't know how to score.

Anyway let's put this one to bed on Friday. Who's doing the GDT?

Last night we were just plain old bad from the half way mark of first period, and I would like to see PA back in the lineup, because he is about the only thing we got on the bench that can add offense... how long is his injury status marked at now?

He has been available to play since Game 3 from the sounds of things.

This game definitely lacked the intensity that the previous ones had. It seemed like the Habs were playing not to lose, rather than playing to win. I couldn't count the amount of times they simply just flicked the puck to the Ottawa defense instead of carrying it in or putting it deep. Breakout passes were missing all game. The pp was brutal until they made the adjustment towards the end. Habs were likely on cruise control this game because of their 3 game lead. Can't give these pesky Sens any signs of life or it just might come back to haunt them.

Bad game by the boys(with the exception of Carey..of course)

I thought the Gilbert made a lousy and lazy clearing attempt on the Hoffman goal. He had time to use his forehand to clear, but instead decided to go to the backhand..bad decision!

I think this loss might wake them up. I think the guys thought they could could just sit back and they'd win the game. I really hope to see some fire from the Habs Friday!

One happened in the series and is fresh in everyone's minds - Montreal fans, Ottawa fans, and the casual viewers. Pacioretty's happened during the regular season (a few weeks ago), isn't as fresh, and only Montreal fans would really care about it. That would be my guess.

With Montreal's offence really sputtering, is anyone else hoping Parenteau finds his way back into the lineup tomorrow?

No, would rather see Hudon or Carr than Paranteau.