And the Captain is..... Leadership call!

That's for sure.

Nobody plays like a captain on this team more than Gally. He examplifies what giving your all on the ice means.

PK put it best "if everyone worked as hard as gally we'd never lose a game" now theres your captain.

Everyone has always known how great Gallagher is, but he really seems to have raised his game a level in the last couple of games. I remain in awe of his ultimate effort in Game Three. I think he inspired his teammates and took 'em on his back, even if it was in a losing cause on that night. C or not, he has established himself as a true leader.

Everyone has always known how great Gallagher is, but he really seems to have raised his game a level in the last couple of games. I remain in awe of his ultimate effort in Game Three. I think he inspired his teammates and took 'em on his back, even if it was in a losing cause on that night. C or not, he has established himself as a true leader.

could not agree more. Habs mvp this entire series

i don't know.... gallagher seems to be one of those guys who needs no letter at all. his effort and attitude alone is enough... if I'm on the habs and can't vote for myself ;) ill go with patches... he can can be the good cop and gally can be the bad cop.

captain

patch

Assistant

markov subban

plex dealt possibly to EDM in a blockbuster multiplayer deal for Taylor Hall. THIS by the way is a rumor I'm trying to starting/ lobbying in order to get back to MB to get some momentum in options

Guest Stogey24

I still think the team should vote. I heard an interview with savard. He said let the boys vote on their leader too

Cant have another smurf captain.

who would you have as captain, Brendan Prust??

Yeah, that Pocket Rocket ruined the Habs.

Carey Price is the captain. Whomever wears the C it's just for PR. Re-sign Torrey Mitchell and give it to him for all I care.

Yeah and the Cournoyer guy was pretty sucky too!

I've long been a supporter of Subban and he was my original choice for Captain. But a captain or leader does not make this kind of bulletin board bonehead comment:

I think Bishop sort of was sitting on a horseshoe for a little bit there, Subban said. Hes played well, but hes been lucky as well. I think seeing him pulled out of the net is a confidence booster for our team.

I'm really beginning to think that Subban loves to talk to the media to much to be a good captain.

I've long been a supporter of Subban and he was my original choice for Captain. But a captain or leader does not make this kind of bulletin board bonehead comment:

I think Bishop sort of was sitting on a horseshoe for a little bit there, Subban said. Hes played well, but hes been lucky as well. I think seeing him pulled out of the net is a confidence booster for our team.

I'm really beginning to think that Subban loves to talk to the media to much to be a good captain.

That's all the captain really is. He talks to the media and the referees. Referees have said nothing but positive things about their interactions with Subban. He doesn't get on their nerves (a captain who does? Dustin Brown).

Subban says things that pump up the team. Remember his comments before game seven versus Boston about taking the energy away from the Bruins fans? I guess that wasn't captain material either eh?

That's all the captain really is. He talks to the media and the referees. Referees have said nothing but positive things about their interactions with Subban. He doesn't get on their nerves (a captain who does? Dustin Brown).

Subban says things that pump up the team. Remember his comments before game seven versus Boston about taking the energy away from the Bruins fans? I guess that wasn't captain material either eh?

There's a big difference between communicating to the media, or making himself a target and saying something that can serve as bulletin board material for the other team.

There's a big difference between communicating to the media, or making himself a target and saying something that can serve as bulletin board material for the other team.

Everything a player says that boosts one team's confidence is "bulletin board material" for the other team.

Fact is, this is the playoffs. If you need to be boosted by a comment from the opposing team, you're probably not trying hard enough anyway.

• Upvote 1

i don't know.... gallagher seems to be one of those guys who needs no letter at all. his effort and attitude alone is enough... if I'm on the habs and can't vote for myself ;) ill go with patches... he can can be the good cop and gally can be the bad cop.

captain

patch

Assistant

markov subban

plex dealt possibly to EDM in a blockbuster multiplayer deal for Taylor Hall. THIS by the way is a rumor I'm trying to starting/ lobbying in order to get back to MB to get some momentum in options

Hall going nowhere. New oiler gm just got fired for letting the wrong players go in Boston.

Hall going nowhere. New oiler gm just got fired for letting the wrong players go in Boston.

In Edmonton, they talk about how Hall is not the leader they'd want him to be. Attitude/selfish problem, etc.

That being said, he's a LW (a pretty damn good one) and what we need is a RW of his caliber.

Messier's game 6 guaranteed win comes to mind. He wasn't a bad captain, some say the best. I believe they named a leadership award after him.

In Edmonton, they talk about how Hall is not the leader they'd want him to be. Attitude/selfish problem, etc.

That being said, he's a LW (a pretty damn good one) and what we need is a RW of his caliber.

The new gm does not care what anybody in management of the old boys club thought up until now. Its a brand new era in Edmonton and every player have a clean slate. Hall is a hell of a player and you would be crazy to move him for anything less than a top D. Habs have one of those and i doubt MB is trading him.

I think Pacioretty carries himself with the class one expects from a Montreal captain. He is also a true 'company man,' in that he took a ridiculous pay cut to give the Habs cap room, and was positively glowing in his endorsement of Therrien. A great exemplar.

Give 'A's to Subban and Gallagher. The former brings immense swagger and the latter unbelievable scrappiness. By making Patches the focal point we avoid any risk of controversy or alienating the refs, while the As draw due attention to the immense importance of these other two guys and the spirit they bring.

Seems like a good combination to me.

Of course, there remains #79...can you have three As?

Maxpac did not take a pay cut for the good of the team. He fired his agent because of the ridiculous deal he signed.

He took that deal because of the uncertainty of the lockout and his injury history. If MB was smart he would have signed Subban longterm at that time as well. Which would have given us $3m in cap savings now.

I think Pacioretty carries himself with the class one expects from a Montreal captain. He is also a true 'company man,' in that he took a ridiculous pay cut to give the Habs cap room, and was positively glowing in his endorsement of Therrien. A great exemplar.

Give 'A's to Subban and Gallagher. The former brings immense swagger and the latter unbelievable scrappiness. By making Patches the focal point we avoid any risk of controversy or alienating the refs, while the As draw due attention to the immense importance of these other two guys and the spirit they bring.

Seems like a good combination to me.

Of course, there remains #79...can you have three As?