2015 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

Hopefully more of your buddies come into money and can help fill the stands to watch a team that has made the playoffs exactly ONCE this millennium.

Yeeeeeep

Free seats in the lower bowl

300 days of sunshine

And my dog costs more than some peoples' cars

Life is pretty good for Lovett's Magnatones.

If someone signs gal to an offer sheet let's say 5mil/7 years if you're mb do you let him walk or match it.[/quot

Match. No choice.

Nothing wrong with being a Panthers fan. What's so tiresome is this 'the Habs had better do EXACTLY what I want, or else I'm gonna go cheer for Florida! Nyah!!' stuff. So take your ball and go home, then. Don't let the door bruise your arse on the way out.

• Upvote 1

Yeeeeeep

Free seats in the lower bowl

300 days of sunshine

And my dog costs more than some peoples' cars

Life is pretty good for Lovett's Magnatones.

Lol, tell us more about how much better your life is than ours on this hockey forum

Lol, tell us more about how much better your life is than ours on this hockey forum

We (Habsworld) don't seem to be doing a good job today with reading comprehension. I don't really do personal attacks, so when others here decided to get personal, secret admirers of Bergevin I presume, I decided to talk about myself. I guess I'll have to move onto a board that has more than three members.

Best of luck.

If someone signs gal to an offer sheet let's say 5mil/7 years if you're mb do you let him walk or match it.

My first thought is that if that's all it took to sign him for 7 years, it might already be done. At that amount, they'd match.

The compensation would be a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd at that rate, even though the AAV is $5 M (which is a first and third). That's because of the five year denominator at play.

Again with this, guys? How hard is it to keep any comments about other posters out of the discussion?

Brian this is a Habs forum, if someone is going to attack the Habs and say the Florida p^ssflaps are a better team, I for one would be amazed that they don't get attacked.

Brian this is a Habs forum, if someone is going to attack the Habs and say the Florida p^ssflaps are a better team, I for one would be amazed that they don't get attacked.

He said they may be more entertaining. That's fair.

He said they may be more entertaining. That's fair.

I guess some people disagreed with that. I didn't see where he got attacked all that much. Possibly a little on the sensitive side or looking for an excuse, I mean this is not the first time he threatened to quit. Anyway my opinion ..lets talk hockey.

I really think Galchenyuk is looking for an offer sheet to push MB's hand. He knows MB won't blink and he has no real leverage, so to create some he needs a sheet.

Can we go back to an open discussion now? Opinions will most certainly vary..that's ok, dammit.

How about the cap management skills of MB? Not bad, not bad :thumbs_up:

I would say top notch most of the time.

He may be looking for an offer sheet, because he isn't happy withvtheceayvhe is being used as well. To me that is the bigger concern.

I guess some people disagreed with that. I didn't see where he got attacked all that much. Possibly a little on the sensitive side or looking for an excuse, I mean this is not the first time he threatened to quit. Anyway my opinion ..lets talk hockey.

I really think Galchenyuk is looking for an offer sheet to push MB's hand. He knows MB won't blink and he has no real leverage, so to create some he needs a sheet.

He may be looking for an offer sheet, because he isn't happy withvtheceayvhe is being used as well. To me that is the bigger concern.

I think there is a definite possiblility of that.

The report by LeBrun on Galchenyuk and Bergevin was that a "major hurdle" got cleared and they could sign at any time.

Pierre is usually right, I hope he is again.

Something has to be brewing in Pittsburgh, no way they can have all these top salaries spent on forwards. Might just see a blockbuster deal with possibly Malkin moving out, he'd look good in a Canadiens uniform...

Something has to be brewing in Pittsburgh, no way they can have all these top salaries spent on forwards. Might just see a blockbuster deal with possibly Malkin moving out, he'd look good in a Canadiens uniform...

Galchenyuk, Emelin and a 1st, take it or leave it

Galchenyuk, Emelin and a 1st, take it or leave it

"Well... did they take it or leave it?"

"They laughed and hung up... but they never actually said "leave it", so fingers crossed!"

More likely they move Kunitz, Dupuis, Perron or Sutter before Malkin.