2015 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

So Habs have 7.3/4 million, and need to sign Galchenyuk, and Tinordi to have roster ready?

Bournival and Thomas as well. With both having to clear waivers, it's likely one of them factors into the opening night roster.

Damn...I wouldn't have minded that either.

I didn't expect habs to be very active during free agency since I expected prices to be crazy. However, I can't really complain about many of the contracts handed out to the forwards.

Yes Bieksa for just a 2nd round pick also very reasonable deal for Ducks.

Buffalo 1st round pick for Lehner and 1st round pick for other goalie by S.J. seemed bit high.

Hard to believe Pitt went so hard after Kessel, when have been bleeding dry its prospect pool/draft picks. But must really see Malkin-Crosby's quite dominant play wont last forever.

Not sure if it was mentioned but Glen Sather stepped down as Rangers GM, and assistant GM Jeff Gorton gets the promotion.

wow when did that happen? ok I found it was out for a while. :)

Im not so good at math but looks to me like the Pens have $5-6M left to roster 5-6 forwards, a dman and a backup.

The timing of Sather's resignation is weird. This had been speculated for months now, why wait until two hours into free agency to announce it? I know the Rangers had a quiet day in terms of signings (Raphael Diaz was their big splash) but that's a weird way to stay in the headlines.

Im not so good at math but looks to me like the Pens have $5-6M left to roster 5-6 forwards, a dman and a backup.

If you are correct that looks like a problem. Who do they dump?

Hey according to Sportrac, Chicago is actually over the cap now, with 19 players signed and 71 mill in cap used. Can that be right? If so they have to get rid of somebody AND bring in people.

Hey according to Sportrac, Chicago is actually over the cap now, with 19 players signed and 71 mill in cap used. Can that be right? If so they have to get rid of somebody AND bring in people.

You have a knack for finding the less-reliable cap sites, don't you? :) Try General Fanager or War-On-Ice. I've dealt with both of those new sites since they've come online a few times and they've got a good handle on things.

As for Chicago, yes, they are over the cap right now. They're allowed to be over by up to 10% during the offseason. They have a few roster spots left to fill as well which is why they still are likely to get rid of Sharp and Bickell at the very least.

You have a knack for finding the less-reliable cap sites, don't you? :) Try General Fanager or War-On-Ice. I've dealt with both of those new sites since they've come online a few times and they've got a good handle on things.

As for Chicago, yes, they are over the cap right now. They're allowed to be over by up to 10% during the offseason. They have a few roster spots left to fill as well which is why they still are likely to get rid of Sharp and Bickell at the very least.

They know Seabrook is as good as gone next summer if they don't free up at least $8M.

Thanks brian, War on ice looks good.

There isn't going to be a transfer agreement with the KHL for this season. Instead, their agreement to honour each others' contracts has been extended for another season. Two weeks ago, the holdup was that the KHL wanted the ability to sign players on NHL deals but would not let the NHL sign players on existing KHL contracts for a transfer fee which the essence of what a transfer agreement actually is.

The Canucks clean house. Fire 2 asst Gm's and head of scouting. Don't know if this is the right place but it is an off season move and a big one.

The Canucks clean house. Fire 2 asst Gm's and head of scouting. Don't know if this is the right place but it is an off season move and a big one.

Canucks don't seem to know what they're doing. They're trapped in this netherworld of wanting to rebuild while also making the playoffs; yet their roster has to be one of the oldest in the league and actually got older by subtracting Kassian and Lack. They said they'd get a 'high pick' for Lack, they got a 3rd and a 7th. They're capped out and yet they're garbage. It's hockey purgatory. The move today at least suggests a desire to get rid of all the cooks in that kitchen. But Benning's moves thus far do not inspire confidence that the right guys are wearing the chefs' hats.

Troy Brouwer and Pheonix Copley and a third-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft for Oshie. OH COME ON! We could have had him easily.

I'll defer to Brian as to what the Habs 'equivalents' might be, not knowing anything about Copley.

If you ask me, MB is getting Sharp and that's that. Otherwise his inactivity on all these other files makes no sense.

Troy Brouwer and Pheonix Copley and a third-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft for Oshie. OH COME ON! We could have had him easily.

I knew this was going to happen....as soon as a deal happens we jump all over it with "why couldn't we pull that off?"

but there is really no way of knowing what St. Louis would have asked for from the habs.

McCarron or Sherbak was definitely involved, along with Fucale and a pick.

is it still a good deal?