2015 NHL Offseason Thread

dlbalr

The law will deal with him accordingly...which is to say he'll have to complete 100 hours of community service and get a stern warning to "never let me see you again!...oh btw, can I get an autogragh for my grandson?"

Hmmm. By hitching their wagon to this idiot and famous problem child Evander Kane, are the Sabres buying a whole pack of trouble? Time will tell, I guess, but this suuuuure doesn't look good. Oy.

On the other hand, it kind of underscores the value of the Habs' 'great room' and the character of dudes like Pacioretty and Price. We seem, at least, to be light years removed from this kind of nonsense, or the lunacy that befell LA last year.

I actually think Buf will be much improved this year. I think they'll be in the 8-10 group in the East...taking Boston's spot, because they're going to slip some

No question Buffalo will be better (it's hard to be worse!!). They've added a ton of talent. The question is whether they're investing in problem children, which will bite them on the ass sooner or later. Judging from this insane ROR incident, it'll be sooner. (BTW, I'm pretty sure I'd go to jail if I did that. So should he).

Hmmm. By hitching their wagon to this idiot and famous problem child Evander Kane, are the Sabres buying a whole pack of trouble? Time will tell, I guess, but this suuuuure doesn't look good. Oy.

On the other hand, it kind of underscores the value of the Habs' 'great room' and the character of dudes like Pacioretty and Price. We seem, at least, to be light years removed from this kind of nonsense, or the lunacy that befell LA last year.

Didnt the Kostitsyns and Hamrlik get into some problems with maffiarelations?

Didnt the Kostitsyns and Hamrlik get into some problems with maffiarelations?

They were going to parties with Mafia types. It was dumb of them but an investigation said they had zero involvement in criminal activity. The mafia types never talked shop around them.

I think lumping Kane with O'Reilly is unfair but I understand how so many bought into the smear job on his career. It's like the hot dog crap in Toronto with Kessel. You get thrown under the bus if you are unlikeable in the media. You get immediate sympathy if you are rebounding from being a criminal like Mike Ribeiro and Slava Voynov. Expect the same from O'Reilly if he puts up good numbers. Meanwhile if Kane only pots 20, you'll hear a thousand stories about him.

No question Buffalo will be better (it's hard to be worse!!). They've added a ton of talent. The question is whether they're investing in problem children, which will bite them on the ass sooner or later. Judging from this insane ROR incident, it'll be sooner. (BTW, I'm pretty sure I'd go to jail if I did that. So should he).

The brad and John show 92 kism had him listed as the knuckle head of the day. Appropriate. Where the heck did he think he was going to run to?

Couldn't think of a better description than that HR..Knucklehead is perfect! For such a young team, Buffalo needs a star player to look up to and dumbo ROR goes and does something like this?!

The running away is what got me. He posts pictures of his truck during the day, then what, he thinks nobody will notice his truck stuck in the front of Tim Horton's. At least be a man and wait for the cops. Just stooopid.

Sheldon Souray has officially retired. Anyone care? He had some great moments as a Hab.

I care. He was one of my favorite Habs of the early- mid 2000s. We all remember his instant defense of Kouvu vs Pens when Armstrong ran him. While 3 or 4 Habs just skated away. Too bad about his wrist injuries. Great on the pp and great fighter. Always stuck up for teammates immediately. That's where we will miss Prust. Cheapshots will once again be dealt with by barking chihuahuas

Many teams and champs recently have had a couple of problem child's.I'll trade a cup or two for a couple of non choir boys.

The running away is what got me. He posts pictures of his truck during the day, then what, he thinks nobody will notice his truck stuck in the front of Tim Horton's. At least be a man and wait for the cops. Just stooopid.

1951 pickup truck,lol

I care. He was one of my favorite Habs of the early- mid 2000s. We all remember his instant defense of Kouvu vs Pens when Armstrong ran him. While 3 or 4 Habs just skated away. Too bad about his wrist injuries. Great on the pp and great fighter. Always stuck up for teammates immediately. That's where we will miss Prust. Cheapshots will once again be dealt with by barking chihuahuas

Like I say he gave a lot of good memories, and you're right he always stood up for his team mates, which was why his wrist was always forked. I will always remember in the shoot out when he faked a big wind up for the slapper, froze the goalie and tapped it in. I was absolutely rotflmao.

Souray was my favorite player at one point as well.

I remember a game, I think it was against Pittsburgh, when he finished with something like 1 goal and 4 assist ! That was sick ! A real PP threat.

Souray was a mediocre defenceman with one superstar asset - his league-feared, world-beating slap shot. I used to say he as a #5 defenceman who metamorphizes into a #1 defenceman on the power play. I still think that gives a fair sense of his limitations and his contribution. This made him a particularly hard player to figure out a payscale for, and while I was sorry to see him go, in retrospect the Habs made the 100% correct decision not to tie up big money in the guy. Definitely a likeable, charismatic player though! All the best to the big lug.

• Upvote 1

Souray was a mediocre defenceman with one superstar asset - his league-feared, world-beating slap shot. I used to say he as a #5 defenceman who metamorphizes into a #1 defenceman on the power play. I still think that gives a fair sense of his limitations and his contribution. This made him a particularly hard player to figure out a payscale for, and while I was sorry to see him go, in retrospect the Habs made the 100% correct decision not to tie up big money in the guy. Definitely a likeable, charismatic player though! All the best to the big lug.

Yeah I recall saying he ain't worth 5 mill when he left. But he had his good points. To me he was a 2.5 million dollar guy but that slapper got him some big bucks.

I'd say his slapper and Markov got him the big contract. He should have given Markov 25% of his contract.

Yeah I recall saying he ain't worth 5 mill when he left. But he had his good points. To me he was a 2.5 million dollar guy but that slapper got him some big bucks.

Loved Souray's shootout goal vs Leafs, big scary slapper lol.

That's right it was Raycroft in net. I am pretty sure he is still looking for his shorts. Maybe not he probably wet himself.