2015-16 NHL Season Thread

dlbalr

Woud be curious to see the same but for the Habs trades since 2011.

It's nowhere near as interesting as you might think...

A. Kostitsyn - Cammalleri - Cole

Bourque - Briere - Kassian

Moen - Prust - Sekac

Kristo - Maxwell - Thomas

Gorges - Wisniewski

Spacek - Diaz

Gill - Carle

Ramo

Budaj

Look at the following lineup:

CYE6057UsAAm1VA.png

What do they have in common? They've all been traded by Columbus since 2011. That's quite a few prominent players being dealt in that span.

That looks like a hell of a team. Wow.

Guest Stogey24

Moen - Prust - Sekac

Gorges - Wisniewski

Spacek - Diaz

Gill - Carle

Ramo

Budaj

I was going to say, not much to look at.

Moen - Prust - Sekac

Gorges - Wisniewski

Spacek - Diaz

Gill - Carle

Ramo

Budaj

So we traded Cammalleri and a bunch of nobodies.

Moen - Prust - Sekac

Gorges - Wisniewski

Spacek - Diaz

Gill - Carle

Ramo

Budaj

Looks like you'd have the dream of Prust on the third line again!

That looks like a hell of a team. Wow.

not when you remember that a lot of guys listed were traded for each other. I didn't get deal to acquire Jeff Carter or the subsequent return for Carter. Nash their hands were tied by him limiting who he would go to.

Guest Stogey24

Illwill, I think it was you I said I'd PayPal 5$, if Stafford didn't hit the 25-30 goal mark. Guy is on pace for 30 and Montreal probably could have had him. Many on here said he was a bust.

Our G.M takes zero risks. It's kind of bothering me a bit lately.

Illwill, I think it was you I said I'd PayPal 5$, if Stafford didn't hit the 25-30 goal mark. Guy is on pace for 30 and Montreal probably could have had him. Many on here said he was a bust.

Wait, Semin wasn't a risk? Kassian? Parenteau? Briere? Sekac? Fleischmann?

Guest Stogey24

Wait, Semin wasn't a risk? Kassian? Parenteau? Briere? Sekac? Fleischmann?

Those are risks? What did Bergevin risk on those?

Why is it that Bergevin never thinks of acquiring anyone of substance? Maybe he should try and contact the other GMs for a change to talk trade, or speak to free agents agents and see about signing players that fans want him to?

Why is it that Bergevin never thinks of acquiring anyone of substance? Maybe he should try and contact the other GMs for a change to talk trade, or speak to free agents agents and see about signing players that fans want him to?

Petry wasn't of substance? Vanek? Weise?

Several reporters have gone on record saying Bergevin contacts GMs more frequently than any other GM. He's always in communication. This isn't a situation of laziness. This is Bergevin having a price point and other teams having a price point.

Guest Stogey24

There is a window of opportunity though. We're playing with Gauthier's top 6, of 4 years ago.

I just find it funny how other teams are pulling the trigger on players and we're still starving for goals and nothing is being done... We all heard he was working the phones last year, but who did Bergevi. bring in at the deadline to bury the puck?

Too many lateral moves.

OK so who would equal Seth Jones or Johansen on the Habs? Galchenyuk is it, you want to offer him (or maybe Beaulieu + McCarron +stuff) up for an all-star forward?

Haha okay I'll try to remember at the end of the season to see if I will get 5 Stogey dollars

There is a window of opportunity though. We're playing with Gauthier's top 6, of 4 years ago.

I just find it funny how other teams are pulling the trigger on players and we're still starving for goals and nothing is being done... We all heard he was working the phones last year, but who did Bergevi. bring in at the deadline to bury the puck?

Too many lateral moves.

In the first 20 games we had 69 goals, second best in the NHL.

In the next 20 games we scored 45 goals, 27th in the NHL.

Could it be possible the team believes that the truth is somewhere in the middle? And all we need is a few adjustments?

You want a fun short sample size? Since Gallagher has returned, we're third in the league for goals scored with 10 in three games, behind Washington (11 in 3) and Florida (13 in 4 games).

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

Haha okay I'll try to remember at the end of the season to see if I will get 5 Stogey dollars

I'll make it 6, since I like you.

Those complaining about MB's lack of 'big moves' need to do two things:

1. Explain which pieces they are willing to trade away and

2. Explain why other GMs would prefer those pieces to the ones they actually got back for their high-value asset.

Now as I see it, the problem runs as follows:

1. we lack really high-impact prospects sufficient to force other GMs' hands;

2. unless the current slide continues, our draft position isn't high enough that our picks have high-end value;

3. the major young guys we do have on our roster - Galy and Beaulieu - are probably as valuable to us as the player we would get back for them;

4. and like any team with pretenses to contending, we aren't about to ship out quality veterans at the deadline.

This makes a big, impact deal unlikely.

(It's also funny how people discount the major moves MB has made, i.e., Petry and Vanek).

Moen - Prust - Sekac

Gorges - Wisniewski

Spacek - Diaz

Gill - Carle

Ramo

Budaj

Just for fun, here is the trade acquisitions roster over that same stretch. Obviously, quite a few of these players were rentals.

Parenteau - Vanek - Ryder

Bourque - Mitchell - Weise

Smith-Pelly - Flynn - Kassian

Geoffrion - Nokelainen - Parros

(Blunden, Tangradi, Thomas, Dawes)

Gonchar - Petry

Kaberle - Weaver

Sopel - Mara

(Drewiske, Allen)

Dubnyk

Scrivens

(Tokarski)

(Yes, I know Vanek's a winger but the Habs haven't traded for many centres and putting Torrey Mitchell as a front line anything is scary.)

The only impact acquisition was Vanek who is a rental. Ryder was okay since we unloaded coke's contract. The rest are 4th liners or bottom pairing, or mainly washed up players.

Just for fun, here is the trade acquisitions roster over that same stretch. Obviously, quite a few of these players were rentals.

Parenteau - Vanek - Ryder

Bourque - Mitchell - Weise

Smith-Pelly - Flynn - Kassian

Geoffrion - Nokelainen - Parros

(Blunden, Tangradi, Thomas, Dawes)

Gonchar - Petry

Kaberle - Weaver

Sopel - Mara

(Drewiske, Allen)

Dubnyk

Scrivens

(Tokarski)

(Yes, I know Vanek's a winger but the Habs haven't traded for many centres and putting Torrey Mitchell as a front line anything is scary.)

Based on his performance this season, that seems fair. In terms of overall talent? He's at the very least top-5, maybe top-3.