Oct. 24, Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I still want to see what Holloway can do in Semins place but it might be a good idea to wait 5-10 games more for both players first.

See if Holloway can continue to produce in same fashion in the AHL and to see if Semin might improve his overall play. Only nine games in yet and no losses.

Would like have a look at that too. Holloway in for Semin.

Guest Stogey24

You guys weren't watching the pre season games then. Holloway did nothing and wouldn't go in corners. Maybe he was nervous, but I saw nothing that justified him replacing a top 6 forward

You guys weren't watching the pre season games then. Holloway did nothing and wouldn't go in corners. Maybe he was nervous, but I saw nothing that justified him replacing a top 6 forward

There is nothing in the system, not holloway, not andrighetto, not thomas, not scherbak, nothing... that is ready to be a top 6 RW behind gallagher. Semin either has to work, or they will have to trade.

Guest Stogey24

There is nothing in the system, not holloway, not andrighetto, not thomas, not scherbak, nothing... that is ready to be a top 6 RW behind gallagher. Semin either has to work, or they will have to trade.

Exactly.

To be fair, he played one game on the fourth line with junk for wingers. That's not really enough time to make any sort of positive impression.

Semin needs a little more time. I personally don't think his defensive is a disaster but he has made mistakes. He has lost a step that is for sure. But He is a pro and can make the adjustments with time. I don't know if Le Genius will give him the time and would understand if he didn't but he has nobody to replace him with. So let's relax, leave the rope at home, and see what transpires. I still believe he can and will turn it around.

Delusion! He is what we have seen...a washed up & soon to be KHL player.

He has been playing with same linemates for a month, forget about him give up all hope, beyond here lies nothing else, he hasnt another gear nor will have a sudden realization that he must produce or be gone. :flaming:

He has been playing with same linemates for a month, forget about him give up all hope, beyond here lies nothing else, he hasnt another gear nor will have a sudden realization that he must produce or be gone. :flaming:

Well don't hold back old friend, just tell us what you think. :)

Relax Don-- We are going to play only our ninth game on Tuesday and have yet to lose. I think Commandant is right when he suggests we don't have a replacement in the system if things continue. I suspect however that we will not sweep the west and there will begin to be changes in the lineup. If they decide to sit Semin, I expect them to move maybe Weise/Fleishman or maybe Bournival to fill that void on a temporary basis. You know if they go out and get a guy that can actually fill the nets, the cap will likely take a hit.

'Beyond here lies nothin'...' I love a Bob Dylan fan!!! Especially a fan of growly-voiced late-era Bob :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Personally, I don't think urgent action on Semin is required given how well the team is doing. He does seem a bit out of sync and this may never change, but he also gets off a couple of dangerous plays every game. The team's overall offensive explosion of the first nine games may be causing people to forget that this team needed an infusion of offensive skill. Once the top-9 cools off, we may find ourselves glad to have those 2-3 plays per game where Semin does something. So I say, stick with it for the moment.

We went from Brierre to Paps to Semin. Eventually we will plug that hole. But unlike when Brierre and Paps were floating around, the Habs have a more balanced attack. Do not see any harm in letting a young up and comer take Semins spot for a wee spell. Fresh, fast, hungry, young blood as opposed to old tired semi retired Semin. At 9 and 0 why not?

Missed most of the pre season. Will take your experienced word for it though.

Accurate and Logical are not always synonymous.

Not always, no. In this case however, yes. :thumbs_up:

Guest Stogey24

We went from Brierre to Paps to Semin. Eventually we will plug that hole. But unlike when Brierre and Paps were floating around, the Habs have a more balanced attack. Do not see any harm in letting a young up and comer take Semins spot for a wee spell. Fresh, fast, hungry, young blood as opposed to old tired semi retired Semin. At 9 and 0 why not?

You just answered your own question

picked out Bob's line eh.

Gotta complain about something and Semin is this years Rene Bourque for me, got skill but bit lacking between the ears it seems.

The positive stuff is a long list and cant find much to bitch about, so Beaulieu and Semin (possibly Gilbert) play are it for now.

Gotta complain about something and Semin is this years Rene Bourque for me, got skill but bit lacking between the ears it seems.

The positive stuff is a long list and cant find much to bitch about, so Beaulieu and Semin (possibly Gilbert) play are it for now.

and some fine bitching it was.

NB gets a pass. Its his first full season. Plus he does not have the on ice help from his partner that the top four benefit from nightly.

Read Robinsons second book last winter. When talking about his stats he mentioned something his agent and others in habtown found note worthy. Larrys all time numbers would have been even better had he not been paired with every rookie as a mentor. Just saying. I like the idea of the new kid being paired with your best dman. NB with Gilbert.? Expect mistakes and slower development than if he was playing with a cagey, talented vet.

Beaulieu and Petry might be a good pair, have they tried them yet?

Have not seen that yet. Leaves Gilly and Emelin as third pair. NB showed benefits from playing with the Gonchar last year. They both talked of good communication on and off the ice. Nate was playing very well with him. I wonder what splitting up Markov and PK would allow for the other D. But again, they are 9-0 wit the two top dogs on the top pair.

Yeah, too much overthinking going on here. Beaulieu has been up and down, but contrary to the religious belief-system of some folks hereabouts, that's what you get from a young defenceman. We have the luxury of being able to carry one or two sub-optimal players at the moment. Let Nate be Nate for the nonce.