Mike Condon
Carey Price

Team Leaders
G Max Pacioretty (7)
A Markov/Subban (10)
PTS 4 tied with (11)
+/- Max Pacioretty (+12)
PIMS Torrey Mitchell (18)
Injuries: Michael Bournival, Zack Kassian (SABH)
Scratches: Greg Pateryn, Alexander Semin, Jarred Tinordi

Calgary Flames (2-7-1)

Projected Lineup

extralarge.png

Joe Colborne - Sean Monahan - Jiri Hudler
Johnny Gaudreau - Sam Bennett - Michael Frolik
Mason Raymond - Mikael Backlund - David Jones
Derek Grant - Matt Stajan - Josh Jooris

Mark Giordano - T.J. Brodie
Deryk Engelland - Dougie Hamilton
Kris Russell - Dennis Wideman

Joni Ortio
Karri Ramo

Team Leaders
G Giordano/Hudler/Jones (3)
A Johnny Gaudreau (10)
PTS Johnny Gaudreau (11)
+/- 7 tied with (-1)
PIMS Brandon Bollig (35)
Injuries: Lance Bouma, Ryan Culkin, Micheal Ferland, Jonas Hiller
Scratches: Brandon Bollig, Ladislav Smid

Puck Drop: 9:00 PM EST TV: RDS, SNF, CityM (all regional) Radio: TSN 690 FM 98.5

Before anyone gets too excited about there being no changes to the lineup, note that it's just yesterday's lineup as a placeholder. There is no game day skate so any changes won't be known until closer to game time.

What? The season started without me?

Ok, I have been quietly enjoying it so far. That ended last night. WTF? Giving up a 3 goal lead to the friggin' Oilers? Huh? Preseason is now over. Time to step it up. That is all I am going to say for now, but lose tonight and I will probably be getting a talking to from the power that be around here. 90 minutes in a game, play them all hard.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Ok, I have been quietly enjoying it so far. That ended last night. WTF? Giving up a 3 goal lead to the friggin' Oilers? Huh? Preseason is now over. Time to step it up. That is all I am going to say for now, but lose tonight and I will probably be getting a talking to from the power that be around here. 90 minutes in a game, play them all hard.

GO HABS GO!!!!

Well, I for one really hope that doesn't have to happen...

Guest Stogey24

Condon starts, no other changes to Montreal's lineup. I'm disappointed that Semin isn't getting in and I thought this would have been a very good game for Pateryn to get his first action of the season as well.

No way Semin doesn't draw back in

GO HABS GO!!!!

Uhh when did they extend the game to 90 minutes? :)

In the fantasy league, I had to drop Condom to facilitate a trade. I never could use him cause the other guys are playing not so good teams. Oh well now I have 3 #1 goalies.

:gohabsgo: :gohabsgo:

GO HABS GO!!!!

Solid !

No way Semin doesn't draw back in

One would have thought so but barring someone getting hurt in the warmup, he's out again unfortunately. https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/660147124655554561

In the fantasy league, I had to drop Condom to facilitate a trade. I never could use him cause the other guys are playing not so good teams. Oh well now I have 3 #1 goalies.

Your desire to carry that many starting goalies is puzzling. If you have two starters, you're in more than good shape at that position in that league.

Hey, Habs29 called this a while ago by pointing to our long history of disastrous western road-trips. What I would be looking for tonight is a solid all-around team game: lots of commitment and strong, disciplined defensive zone play in particular. We might not win the game - what with this being a back-to-back, etc. - but we've got to play smart, hard-working hockey. If we do that, we'll start rattling off lots of wins again. If we don't, then it's an ominous sign IMHO...not ominous in the long run, but ominous in the sense of signalling a team that is going to struggle for a few games yet.

One would have thought so but barring someone getting hurt in the warmup, he's out again unfortunately. https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL/status/660147124655554561

Your desire to carry that many starting goalies is puzzling. If you have two starters, you're in more than good shape at that position in that league.

Well you see Brian I am kinda hoping that someone needs one and will up some offence to get him.

Just need a focused effort to get back on track, give Byron his Calgary game, then put him on waivers ;)

Semin needs to be in the lineup, and although he hasn't lit the world on fire, he has been pretty good at possession in the O zone, and light years better than Byron... or Weise for that matter, guy couldn't bury a dead body lately.

Go Habbies!

I get that Weise isn't the world's greatest finisher, but he brings a whole lot more to the table than Semin does in any given game.

Not that I have anything against Semin, really - I agree that he's added a bit of offensive flair. (Just a bit, mind). But he's hardly the saviour; his benching was inevitable, and it will happen more than once as the season progresses. The idea that we should be waiving guys to 'force' MT to play him is crazy, as is the scenario of fans biting on tinfoil in a rage because he isn't dressed.

Its really time to get Tinordi and Pateryn in the lineup. Not that our D has played terrible or anything but these two guys will be really rusty after having not played in such a long time. At least give them a game once in a while to keep them in game shape. Plus we really have to see what Tinordi can bring or in. In the the worst case scenario at least showcase him a bit for other teams. The more he sits the more his already lower value goes down.

Anyways last game hurt quite a bit. Hopefully them come out flying and make last game vanish out of their memory. Go Habs Go.

Its really time to get Tinordi and Pateryn in the lineup. Not that our D has played terrible or anything but these two guys will be really rusty after having not played in such a long time. At least give them a game once in a while to keep them in game shape. Plus we really have to see what Tinordi can bring or in. In the the worst case scenario at least showcase him a bit for other teams. The more he sits the more his already lower value goes down.

One of the beat writers had a good observation this afternoon about those two. He figured one or both would play but realized the team has only had one practice in the last eight days so they'd be even rustier than you'd first think if they played tonight.