The time is now for Galchenyuk to be Montreal's #1 centre

You're forgetting Kassian's entire career history before coming here. Some fans act as though he just sprang from a mushroom and then got in that crash. No -this is his fifth season of being a 'bust' at the NHL level. Every year in Vancouver fans kept harbouring hope that Zack would start to 'put it all together.' And every year it was the same parade of injuries, dumb penalties, benchings and excuses. Instead of doing taking a step forward in Montreal, he did exactly the opposite and literally crashed and burned. Now, I'm not saying it's inconceivable that he has some miraculous turnaround. But anyone who seriously clings to that hope is simply delusional.

Semin should lot back in, yes. But again, last year counts - he was a complete and total disaster - and should inform how we evaluate him. I personally think he could pot one or two and get hot, but again, don't bank on it.

He should be in.

I laughed when MB signed him. But what would be even more ridiculous is to give the guy a mill , and consider the move a bust after 10 games. 9 of which we won with him on the second line. A second line that played better before he was scratched than after.

He should be in.

I laughed when MB signed him. But what would be even more ridiculous is to give the guy a mill , and consider the move a bust after 10 games. 9 of which we won with him on the second line. A second line that played better before he was scratched than after.

Yes we talk about changing a winning line up but did exactly that when semin was scratched for Byron. The galchenyuk line has been missing in action ever since. Maybe this stint in the pressed finally gives semin head the shake it needs and that talent alone won't cut it. He needs to work hard not hardly work! Does he draw in tomorrow as I thought earlier in the week?

Yes we talk about changing a winning line up but did exactly that when semin was scratched for Byron. The galchenyuk line has been missing in action ever since. Maybe this stint in the pressed finally gives semin head the shake it needs and that talent alone won't cut it. He needs to work hard not hardly work! Does he draw in tomorrow as I thought earlier in the week?

I would think being benched for 30-something games in Carolina - a team that had sunk major money into him and really, really needed him to succeed - would already have caused Semin to 'give his head a shake,' no?

He is not, at age 31, suddenly going to morph into a hard worker. My hope is just that he comes back, gets a goal or two, and at least recovers what I suspect is lost confidence. Even that is a long shot. Nevertheless, nine games is insufficient and he should get another sustained 'look' before we declare him a complete failure.

I would think being benched for 30-something games in Carolina - a team that had sunk major money into him and really, really needed him to succeed - would already have caused Semin to 'give his head a shake,' no?

He is not, at age 31, suddenly going to morph into a hard worker. My hope is just that he comes back, gets a goal or two, and at least recovers what I suspect is lost confidence. Even that is a long shot. Nevertheless, nine games is insufficient and he should get another sustained 'look' before we declare him a complete failure.

Coach disagrees.

Galchenyuk doing fine without sack of something Semin, Mgmt also saw Semin for several weeks prior to 9 game reg season and maybe just possibly he wasn't "the hardest worker" nor gave 100% during training camp nor pre-season and Bergevin might of said "Whoops" oh well add another Briere-PAP to my resume, give him a couple weeks Mikey and see how he does, in meantime I will grab this speedy gritty lil fellow from the Flames? :flaming:

Galchenyuk doing fine without sack of something Semin, Mgmt also saw Semin for several weeks prior to 9 game reg season and maybe just possibly he wasn't "the hardest worker" nor gave 100% during training camp nor pre-season and Bergevin might of said "Whoops" oh well add another Briere-PAP to my resume, give him a couple weeks Mikey and see how he does, in meantime I will grab this speedy gritty lil fellow from the Flames? :flaming:

Chucky was doing fine with him too.

After the Pens game where Galchenyuk and Gallagher played great in OT together, I selfishly want them back together.

Don't mess with a winning lineup, blah blah blah, but eventually I think this could be our premium lines:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Smith-Pelly

Fleischmann - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Eller - Desharnais - Weise

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Clearly you want to add a RW or get Semin skating faster so DSP is on the fourth line but I just see that as an ideal lineup for us.

After the Pens game where Galchenyuk and Gallagher played great in OT together, I selfishly want them back together.

Don't mess with a winning lineup, blah blah blah, but eventually I think this could be our premium lines:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Smith-Pelly

Fleischmann - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Eller - Desharnais - Weise

Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

Clearly you want to add a RW or get Semin skating faster so DSP is on the fourth line but I just see that as an ideal lineup for us.

Interesting that you have DSP on the first line. With both you and Commandant arguing for this, maybe I should rethink my skepticism about his cement hands.

Do you really want to move Fleischmann off the DD line? That line has been so great all year long, it's the last thing I'd change. Move Eller back with Galy.

Interesting that you have DSP on the first line. With both you and Commandant arguing for this, maybe I should rethink my skepticism about his cement hands.

Do you really want to move Fleischmann off the DD line? That line has been so great all year long, it's the last thing I'd change. Move Eller back with Galy.

Gally has been the best forward since end of last season. What you suggest could turn into the best line. Interesting.

But as stated , splitting up Fleish and DD?

Gally has been the best forward since end of last season. What you suggest would likely make them our best line. Intersting

Gallagher really is amazing. He's such a galvanizing player, he makes any line better. His value is so much higher than his stats generally suggest (even though his stats this year are quite good). Putting him with Galy would be nothing but good news for Galchenyuk and relieve him of dependency on the offensively erratic Eller. It could be the last piece of the puzzle in the kid's development at C.

Then again, the shift would leave a struggling Pacioretty with Cement Hands on his off side - maybe not good news.

Gallagher really is amazing. He's such a galvanizing player, he makes any line better. His value is so much higher than his stats generally suggest (even though his stats this year are quite good). Putting him with Galy would be nothing but good news for Galchenyuk and relieve him of dependency on the offensively erratic Eller. It could be the last piece of the puzzle in the kid's development at C.

Then again, the shift would leave a struggling Pacioretty with Cement Hands on his off side - maybe not good news.

Chucky is working hard. Transition year. Giving him Gally right now at this point could be gold Gerry...Gold!

I think DSP has earned more offensive assignments, but my idea of him on the first line is more, "This is probably a hole to fill in a trade" but that Plek and Patches can still score at a high offensive level. Even if DSP has stone hands, he's very good at digging pucks in the corners, allowing Plek and Patches to get in position more often.

When I watch Weise, he looks like he's greatly benefiting from Desharnais and Flash. When I watch Fleischmann, he simply looks like a top six forward performing like one. I think his style would work far better with Galchenyuk. They are both crafty with the puck and can equally pass and shoot. Maybe they cancel each other out but I feel like they could compliment each other far better than Eller and Chuck.

I think DSP has earned more offensive assignments, but my idea of him on the first line is more, "This is probably a hole to fill in a trade" but that Plek and Patches can still score at a high offensive level. Even if DSP has stone hands, he's very good at digging pucks in the corners, allowing Plek and Patches to get in position more often.

When I watch Weise, he looks like he's greatly benefiting from Desharnais and Flash. When I watch Fleischmann, he simply looks like a top six forward performing like one. I think his style would work far better with Galchenyuk. They are both crafty with the puck and can equally pass and shoot. Maybe they cancel each other out but I feel like they could compliment each other far better than Eller and Chuck.

I will guess that Pleks and Pacs scoring will take a big hit if Gally is replaced with with SP. But Chuckys will go up. I'll take that switch.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I didn't think Galchenyuk would do well at faceoffs and defending, but he is doing just dandy.

I also didn't think he could play close to 20minutes vs best centres and I hope he again surprises me and holds his own vs Bergeron (if matchup works out that way)

Guest Stogey24

Looks like Chucky and Patches together finally. Would love to see Gally there too but we'll have to wait.

Andrighetto is a feisty little shit too.

• 8 months later...

Yeah, maybe they can trade him for Shane Doan

Doan isn't going anywhere, he likes it in Arizona. Maybe at trade deadline he might jump to a cup contender like the Habs, to see if he can get 1 cup before retiring

Not a fan of Emelin, but the guy is a fackin tank

To me, it was like looking in a mirror...with slight body fat difference and bit more folically challanged.