GDT - In the Ghetto: Islanders @ Habs on Hometown Hockey from Cornerbrook Newfoundland

Commandant

Have not been vocal about this, but on Sunday, my girlfriend and I improved our record to the Bell Centre together to 7-0.

#payusseasontickets

Remember that from last season. Keep'er going !!

Hope you two attend a lot of play off games. :thumbs_up:

He's very streaky, both offensively and defensively. Don't see him ever scoring 14 goals again.

Subban on pace for 4

Yes I know. And i love the guy. Like our entire D better than i have in a long while too. But that does not stop me from recognizing the Rangers are just as good on the blue line or better.

I can't rave about PK and cut up Macdonough in the same breath. Their talent levels are very close.

I feel like crying when I think if the pairing that could have been. Had they kept McDonough that may have been the best ever top 3 picks for the Habs.

Subban has way more talent than Mcdounut

Please. Who in their right mind would take McD over the fabulous PK Subban? No one alive, that's who.

The Rangers D is completely overrated

Dan Girardi is a completely overpaid, overrated, defenceman. He's a #6 dman at best, with the contract as good as Petry's. But he's terrible. He blocks a lot of shots and throws hits sure, but he's a possession black hole.

McDonagh is a nice piece, but he's nowhere close to P.K.

Dan Boyle, aging and showing it.

Marc Staal - he's good but again not in the echelon that his name seems to elicit,

Yandle - great offensive D. Suspect defensively.

The D has name value, but its really not that good.

In fact the Rangers as a team are only where they are in the standings right now cause Henrik Lundqvist is playing the best he's ever played in his career... and that is saying something. He's been off the charts good. The Rangers team are near the absolute bottom of the league, like 28th in possession metrics.

Well...we will see if the "metrics" play out tomorrow? :nuts:

Metrics don't play out in one game, especially with Lundqvist as hot as he is. Is it possible for him to completely shut us down tomorrow? Of course it is.

That said, he can't stay this hot (no one can) for 82 games.

The metrics will play out over the course of a season.

I'm willing to bet that the Rangers do not finish first in their division.

Who will finish 1st?

Has Lundqvist been playing well? I know they won 9 in a row, but never saw any or follow rangers.

If I remember correctly he and Price made a ton of awesome saves in last match-up.

Who will finish 1st?

Has Lundqvist been playing well? I know they won 9 in a row, but never saw any or follow rangers.

If I remember correctly he and Price made a ton of awesome saves in last match-up.

A 946 save percentage on the season? Yes... this is the best run of hockey he's had in his entire career... and that is saying something cause he's one of the best. Even by his own high standard, he's red hot.

He's coming off a shutout too.

Who will finish 1st?

If Lundqvist keeps it up, he'll win the Hart and Vezina this year.