Dec. 1, Columbus vs Montreal, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

That's what makes Prust such a great fighter-defense. Beaulieu had the two things in common that you see in almost all KOs:

1. No head movement

2. No respect for the opponent's power punch

Exactly!

His speed and defensive play are normally stellar.

Yeah, I think Max is a dominating hockey player, one that doesn't need to be a great passer, one of the strongest skaters in the NHL, and stellar defensively, but I might be biased, lol.

Pacioretty on pace for 41g, can he crack the 40g barrier this year?

Habs on pace for 129pts and finding ways to win.

Thought Weise passed up a couple times when in prime scoring locations, getting too fancy. (once he had chance for one timer in the slot from 15-20 feet and passed to guy at side of net? Desharnais like.)

Lines since the middle of second (At least)

Patch - DD - Weise

Flash - Plek - Byron

Eller - Chuck - Ghetto

DSP - Flynn - Thomas

Dumb move by Therrien. DD went right back to pass to Max mode. Should have tried:

Patches - Chuck - Weise

Flash - Plek - Ghetto

Eller - DD - Byron

Guest Stogey24

I can't believe Subban didn't get a star last night. He was an animal

Dumb move by Therrien. DD went right back to pass to Max mode. Should have tried:

Patches - Chuck - Weise

Flash - Plek - Ghetto

Eller - DD - Byron

Ya, I like that setup

Can't believe the refs didn't call that knee. It was so blatant, it's embarassing. Even more for 2 veterans referees.

It directly lead to the fight and could have been really bad for Beaulieu's health.

Can't believe that Subban didn't get a star either.

On a more negative note, I found the Habs to really suck last night during the 2nd period. Our general play was disgusting.

Fortunately, the 3rd period was much better.

Condon is not Price. Between the pipes AND around the net. He scared me quite a few times yesterday when he went outside of his crease.

Can't believe the refs didn't call that knee. It was so blatant, it's embarassing. Even more for 2 veterans referees.

It directly lead to the fight and could have been really bad for Beaulieu's health.

Had Flash went down and screamed, they would have called a penalty. They only care about pain.

Beaulieu fighting was absolutely stupid but whatever, that's still a part of NHL culture.

The crazy line changes work... Patch gets the winner.

Wouldn't have been the lines i put together, but somehow Therrien does crazy shit, and it works again.

Plekanec got the short end of the changes (Byron and Fleischmann - that's more of a checking line than an offensive one) but you had to figure Desharnais was going to get Pacioretty next, especially since the Galchenyuk line was starting to produce. That's not exactly how I'd have drawn them up either but hey, they worked for one game at least. It'll be interesting to see if they stay together or if they go back to the regular ones.

You look at that Columbus top nine and wonder why they were doing so terribly. Then you look at their defence and woof.

I just had the same thought looking at the lineup :D

Yes, Stoge, PK was an animal last night. Every time I looked PK was in full beast mode. Did you see Boone Jenner try to sneak his way by PK behind our net, and PK just destroyed him!

haha We noticed that at home. My girlfriend even said that the other player looked like a 13 yo playing against P.K.

Hahaha yes, she was right! Jenner even took a quick peek and saw that it was PK..maybe he thought there was no way PK would hit him? It looked like a Toyota prius running an intersection and getting t-boned by a cement truck! I suspect Emelin may be sitting again thurs, maybe Pateryn will bring his own cement truck?

Hahaha yes, she was right! Jenner even took a quick peek and saw that it was PK..maybe he thought there was no way PK would hit him? It looked like a Toyota prius running an intersection and getting t-boned by a cement truck! I suspect Emelin may be sitting again thurs, maybe Pateryn will bring his own cement truck?

Emelin was skating with Gilbert, Pateryn skating in Markov's spot since Markov had a rest day.

The fight with N8 shows why teams need tough guys who can play/fight. Fighting is part of the game, and if there's nobody who can fight, somebody who doesn't know how will do it, with predictable results.

Nate has plenty of fights under his belt in the qmjhl, ahl and nhl. He doesnt qualify as someone who doesnt know how.

Nate has plenty of fights under his belt in the qmjhl, ahl and nhl. He doesnt qualify as someone who doesnt know how.

I agree. Nate has actually shown a knack for fighting in the past IMO. Yes, he might not be a heavy weight and he lost cleanly last night, but I think he can hold his own in most cases. This was a learning experience

Guest Stogey24

Exactly. He'll learn from that fight for sure too.

Let's also not forget we still have Kassian, who's a pretty decent fighter. He's a little more suited to be going a guy like foligno.

Can't believe that Subban didn't get a star either.

On a more negative note, I found the Habs to really suck last night during the 2nd period. Our general play was disgusting.

Fortunately, the 3rd period was much better.

Condon is not Price. Between the pipes AND around the net. He scared me quite a few times yesterday when he went outside of his crease.

Uh huh.. that's the game I saw too.

I agree. Nate has actually shown a knack for fighting in the past IMO. Yes, he might not be a heavy weight and he lost cleanly last night, but I think he can hold his own in most cases. This was a learning experience

I once had a "learning experience" like that... funny that it didn't feel.. like that at the time.. :blush: