Dec. 10, Habs vs Red Wings, 7:30 PM

dlbalr

Just a quick GDT since we're inside six hours before game time...

nvo9l.jpg

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Andrighetto

Eller - Plekanec - Byron

Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise

Carr - Hudon - Flynn (not sure who the centre is here...)

Markov - Subban

Emelin - Petry

Gilbert - Pateryn

Tokarski

jshjpi.jpg

Abdelkader - Zetterberg - Larkin

Helm - Datsyuk - Richards

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist

Andersson - Glendening - Jurco

Kronwall - Green

DeKeyser - Ericsson

Smith - Marchenko

Mrazek

So is kind of punishment for Nate because of partying video?

I know people love Nate and i don't hate the guy but from first day he was advertised to be a top 4 puck mover, i mean he wasn't bad but i didn't see he takes his game to next level if there is any next level of course.

Guest Stogey24

I know people love Nate and i don't hate the guy but from first day he was advertised to be a top 4 puck mover, i mean he wasn't bad but i didn't see he takes his game to next level if there is any next level of course.

I hope your kidding. He's been excellent except for these past 3 games. P.K was praising him big time in an interview saying he's a top 2 D man.

I hope your kidding. He's been excellent except for these past 3 games. P.K was praising him big time in an interview saying he's a top 2 D man.

I didn't say he was bad but i was expecting much more from him. If he wants to be a top 4 and as smooth skater he need to contribute more in attack beside being responsible defensively.

Excellent is a bit much, but has been pretty good and should only improve and he would not be the one I would have sitting.

Will Lafleur allow Hudon to wear #10.

I haven't yet caught what Beaulieu has done to drop essentially from a #4 to a #6 in Therrien's eyes but clearly Beaulieu has been doing something to draw the ire.

Personally, I have no problem with Beaulieu sitting for a game. The next game can be Emelin. Then Gilbert. Then Pateryn...etc. With Beaulieu's ice time being cut, he was the logical one to be the first to sit. As long as it's just for a game or two and then they rotate someone else out, that's fine.

And for anyone wondering, Hudon will wear #54.

I haven't yet caught what Beaulieu has done to drop essentially from a #4 to a #6 in Therrien's eyes but clearly Beaulieu has been doing something to draw the ire.

Personally, I have no problem with Beaulieu sitting for a game. The next game can be Emelin. Then Gilbert. Then Pateryn...etc. With Beaulieu's ice time being cut, he was the logical one to be the first to sit. As long as it's just for a game or two and then they rotate someone else out, that's fine.

And for anyone wondering, Hudon will wear #54.

MT won't bench Gilbert, is easy to sit a young kid than a vet. In my opinion if one who should sit it is Gilbert and not Nate.

MT won't bench Gilbert, is easy to sit a young kid than a vet. In my opinion if one who should sit it is Gilbert and not Nate.

He did scratch Gilbert ten times last year. (Most of those, if I recall correctly, came towards the end of the year when Pateryn really started to make an impact.) I wouldn't mind seeing Beaulieu and Pateryn get a look as a third pairing.

(And maybe Tinordi a look? Nah that'll never happen)

I don't think his situation has really changed. He's #8 on the depth chart and there seems to be a bit of a gap between him and Pateryn (#7). They're struggling to find playing time for Pateryn so it seems less likely that they will for Tinordi. It feels like it's a long, drawn out waiting game between Bergevin and other teams hoping the price comes down and unfortunately for Tinordi, he's stuck in the middle with very limited options/chances to play.

Read somewhere today Flynn won 75% of his draws last night--- I think he at least starts at center?

The problem is neither Hudon nor Carr have any real experience at RW. Flynn does while Hudon has spent more time at C than on the wing the last couple of years. So from a comfort standpoint, they may toss Flynn to the wing rather than have a rookie at a new position.

Tokarski had a nice poke check on Helm's breakaway (Petry didn't look too sharp on it).

Markov had a nice breakaway chance, then Detroit had one coming the other way as Plekanec showed why he's not a defenceman.

Weise on the front line while being in a 1 goal in 14 game stretch isn't a great idea.

Pateryn hardly played in the first, that seems kind of strange.

Why would they punish him tonight, but not last night? This theory makes no sense.

It seems they just want to get Pateryn in the lineup so he doesn't sit for 4 straight weeks again.

The problem is neither Hudon nor Carr have any real experience at RW. Flynn does while Hudon has spent more time at C than on the wing the last couple of years. So from a comfort standpoint, they may toss Flynn to the wing rather than have a rookie at a new position.

They have Carr with Flash-DD (flash has experience at RW)

Ghetto is with Hudon-Flynn

Congrats to Hudon on his first NHL point. Good on Andrighetto to follow up as I don't think the puck was going in had he left it alone.

It took Helm three breakaways to score tonight. Plekanec's 0/2, third time's a charm?

Boy, is Petry having himself an off night. He broke up one breakaway but got beat on two others and is fumbling the puck a lot.