Montreal vs Washington - 7 PM EST

Lovett's Magnatones

Your Canadiens travel to Washington DC to play the preeminent Cup favorites in their third meeting of the season. The first two meetings were ceded to the Capitals in close games that bookended a streak of eight losses out of nine.

The Capitals have only lost ten games all year, and are on a pace similar to the 1976-77 Canadiens. The Canadiens..well, they announced yesterday that they locked up eight goal man Paul Byron to term, and tonight they get to showoff their trade acquisition Victor Bartley. One can only wonder what took so long? You don't keep a Bartley, or a Ferrari in the garage, but I digress.

The prediction for tonight? Pain. While they were two teams on the same trajectory in the offseason, they've taken two different paths with two different results. Washington has chosen to bolster their forward corp with veteran top-6 players TJ Oshie and Justin Williams while the Habs rolled the dice on Kassian, Semin, and then found themselves crushed by the loss of Carey Price.

The puck drops at 7:10, and will be televised on RDS, SN, and CSW.

Too bad he didn't play them when he should have.

Yeah lets have a 7-6 smoker just love it. We lose but we get a lot of goals. Le Genius says he is going to play the young guys more, so they have thrown in the towel.

what's with all the empty seats in Washington? Noticed it too on some NBC covered games. (Have noticed this too previously in Detroit and Texas).

I guess a positive tonight is the game is not blacked out in the Toronto area but we have the two lispers doing the announcing and colour

what's with all the empty seats in Washington? Noticed it too on some NBC covered games. (Have noticed this too previously in Detroit and Texas).

I guess a positive tonight is the game is not blacked out in the Toronto area but we have the two lispers doing the announcing and colour

Tickets too expensive. Keep hearing that from people who would buy one or two home games a season.

I don't like the defensive zone play at all. It felt like Washington was going to go Globetrotters on them at times.

I do, however, like their deliberate plan to get people in front of the net and play to score off the rebound. That's something they haven't done enough of this year.

full marks to Jason Chimera for longevity. It was 16 or so years ago he played for AHL Hamilton (in the Edmonton affiliation days). Caps assistant coach Todd Rierden was a Bulldog in the Oiler days too.

Pateryn and Emelin lead the way in ES TOI so far. That's something you don't see every day. It's a good test for Pateryn in particular.

On the who's scouting who watch, Chicago and Columbus each have two at this game. (Also PHI, PIT, SJ, and TB.)

Pateryn and Emelin lead the way in ES TOI so far. That's something you don't see every day. It's a good test for Pateryn in particular.

On the who's scouting who watch, Chicago and Columbus each have two at this game. (Also PHI, PIT, SJ, and TB.)

Shooooowcasing.

We just ran the best goalie in the league out of his net. Hilarious.

Condon has made some highlight reel saves tonight. Yes, some of them just hit happened to hit him but that's okay.

The 3rd pairing is hardly playing. Both Bartley/Barberio are on pace for under 12 minutes. I know Washington's a deep team but you have to think those two could have had an extra shift here or there.

Condon has made some highlight reel saves tonight. Yes, some of them just hit happened to hit him but that's okay.

The 3rd pairing is hardly playing. Both Bartley/Barberio are on pace for under 12 minutes. I know Washington's a deep team but you have to think those two could have had an extra shift here or there.

So ..it IS really happening...

OK.

Is it the V Bartley effect?

Or is it DD is no longer in the line up?

It's a lot of luck going Montreal's way. Washington has missed quite a few Grade A opportunities while the Habs have capitalized on some iffy rebound control from Holtby.

Speaking of Bartley, I haven't been that impressed with him so far tonight. He looks a step slow out there despite being a decent skater. I wonder if that's a by-product of him playing in the AHL for a while; he has to readapt to the faster NHL pace.

well put-nice to see a W on the road. Made it a little too close for comfort at the end