Montreal vs Washington

Guest Stogey24

1 hour ago, KoRP said:

Not really, when you are out skated, outworked, and out goaltended, you usually lose quite often.

The only reason the Caps should have won, is because they enjoyed so many PP's.

Habs earned the win, Caps deserved to lose.

Yes, any Habs fan sour about that effort simply doesn't understand what a gut-check road trip game looks like. That was a tremendous effort by a depleted roster, on the road, in the second night of a back to back. Hell of a win and fully deserved. And Neech makes a legit point about coaching. 

12 hours ago, Neech said:

This is the kind of game that makes me think we have one of the better coaches in the league with Therrien.  The team played together from top to bottom.

Perhaps the first time in the history of this forum that "Therrien" and "better coaches in the league" have been said in the same sentence. Maybe he will start to finally get some credit

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

The team that has a top-6 center, if not several.

How did that play out for them? Zero shots till 13minutes into the 3rd, I guess they need more better centres perhaps?

10 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Caps should be embarrassed they lost that game. 

Goofy statement.

Petry is only 1g from his career high of 7 and has 4pts in last 5gms.

Radulov kept to 17:49, which is much better than 20 or 20+ and seemed to of played better.

Boy am I glad to see the Habs bounce back against a good Capitals team. They really needed those two points. I was also relieved to see Carey back in nets. Nice overall effort from everybody last night!

6 hours ago, KoRP said:

Not really, when you are out skated, outworked, and out goaltended, you usually lose quite often.

The only reason the Caps should have won, is because they enjoyed so many PP's.

Habs earned the win, Caps deserved to lose.

Again, skate on the other foot. Imagine the Habs lost to a team with their number one centre gone, their goalie playing back to back after being run out of his net, several players hurt, at least one bottom six calibre player on every line, several powerplays... and couldn't get it done. We'd be furious at the performance. Caps should be embarrassed they lost to a team with Philip Danault on the top line.

41 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Again, skate on the other foot. Imagine the Habs lost to a team with their number one centre gone, their goalie playing back to back after being run out of his net, several players hurt, at least one bottom six calibre player on every line, several powerplays... and couldn't get it done. We'd be furious at the performance. Caps should be embarrassed they lost to a team with Philip Danault on the top line.

Yes with Radulov, one of the most talented hockey players on the planet, and Pacioretty, one of the NHL's top scorer in the last few years, the Canadiens have one embarrassing first line... 

It's actually not uncommon for teams to mix two offensive players with someone not usually known as a Top 6 forward n 5-on-5 situations. For example the Hawks have Anisimov, who struggles to get 40 points in the NHL, centering Patrick Kane, and no one is laughing at them. Danault is a player with strong hockey IQ and pretty good overall skills, he keeps his game simple, and if he has chemistry with the other two it can be a very good line. We're not talking about a Steve Begin type player here, Danault is doing quite well in his first full NHL season, he was excellent in the bottom 6 role, and has shown so far that he can hold his own skating between some of the teams' top forwards (actually more than Plekanec or Desharnais) 

I think you guys are trying to over analyze what Machine was trying to say. Personally, I find myself to be one of the more overly optimistic posters on here but I still had a bad feeling about this game, in particular due to our depleted lineup. The Caps are supposed to be a team who feast on injured teams and failed to do so. The caps should be "embarassed" and our team should pat themselves on the back for a nice road game. 

Artem Anisimov is also on pace for 70 points prior to being injured and I'm not sure Danault would ever do the same even when playing with Patrick Kane and Artemi Panarin. 

I agree that the game was an exciting one. You can really hear everyone skating against a team like that. Ever since the playoff series where Halak was literally a brick wall/stop sign in net, I've found them (Washington) to be one of the teams that make me the most nervous to watch the Habs play against. 

I stared a podcast with a buddy(I'm in Montreal, he's in Toronto). We do a segment about the Habs in each episode and talk about whatever else is going on in the world of sports.
Honestly we're better than most of what you hear on local radio.

We're on:
iTunes: http://apple.co/2fzXOMD
Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=124041&refid=stpr
Google: https://play.google.com/music/listen...wmhpnrcl4hutga

Our web site: https://skipandjosh.com/

Give us a listen and subscribe to the show.
Hope you like it.