Montreal Canadiens vs. New Jersey Devils | February 27th, 2017 | 7:00 EST

Habsfan84

35 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Worst. Game. Ever. (Save the last 8min of reg and OT)

Zero atmosphere at Prudential Center. If not for the Habs fans taking over I swear it would be less entertaining that a morgue. We outnumbered the devils fans I swear. 

They think that blaring bad heavy metal all night is gonna make it feel like Lucifer's Den or something (like that would be a good thing). They have No clue. 

On a side note, Radulov is amazing. He is magic when then puck is on his stick. 

Oh, and Deharnais need to be gone. Forever. 

IMG_4831.JPG

I share the same experience as you the one time I caught a game in New Jersey, it was a dreadful atmosphere. The fans were basically all quiet except for one young kid who kept shouting at Sidney Crosby, even calling him the N word for some reason.....They also didn't know any of the rules of the game and were pissed off at basic calls like offside and icing. I remember when a Penguin shot the puck over the glass in their own end nobody said a word for what seemed like an eternity. And then I could hear one random guy somewhere yell " hey, that's a penalty". So one guy knew a rule I suppose or cared enough to acknowledge it. I also made a mistake of leaving the arena the opposite way that everyone else was leaving to catch a bus and I ended up in a rough part of town with some nervous moments. I did however enjoy that there were cheerleaders at the game

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, illWill said:

I share the same experience as you the one time I caught a game in New Jersey, it was a dreadful atmosphere. The fans were basically all quiet except for one young kid who kept shouting at Sidney Crosby, even calling him the N word for some reason.....They also didn't know any of the rules of the game and were pissed off at basic calls like offside and icing. I remember when a Penguin shot the puck over the glass in their own end nobody said a word for what seemed like an eternity. And then I could hear one random guy somewhere yell " hey, that's a penalty". So one guy knew a rule I suppose or cared enough to acknowledge it. I also made a mistake of leaving the arena the opposite way that everyone else was leaving to catch a bus and I ended up in a rough part of town with some nervous moments. I did however enjoy that there were cheerleaders at the game

There are parts of Newark that are tough that's for sure.

The majority of the fans were absolutely clueless.  Like extremely embarrassing levels of cluelessness.

30 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

There are parts of Newark that are tough that's for sure.

The majority of the fans were absolutely clueless.  Like extremely embarrassing levels of cluelessness.

I hate it when franchises with sh*tty fanbases win Cups. As though fans in Carolina or Tampa Bay have a damned clue about how much it means.<_< Didn't know that NJ fans were so atrocious, though.

16 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Better the Sens win the division and Montreal not play a Metro team with more points than them.

If the Sens win the division, there is a more than fair chance that it will mean that we sucked quite much near the end of the season.

And it's totally not a good sign heading up into the playoffs. IMO.

Guest Stogey24
4 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

If the Sens win the division, there is a more than fair chance that it will mean that we sucked quite much near the end of the season.

And it's totally not a good sign heading up into the playoffs. IMO.

You don't say