GAME#34 Habs @Canucks 7:00 PST Dec 17 2019

DON

Battle between the 15-18 Habs & the 16-18 Canucks

Carey usually plays well at home.

Carey with win tonight will move into 23rd all time.

4 BC boys on the Habs...name em.

Canadiens projected lineup

Tomas Tatar -- Phillip Danault -- Brendan Gallagher

Artturi Lehkonen -- Max Domi -- Joel Armia

Nick Cousins -- Nick Suzuki -- Jordan Weal

Ryan Poehling -- Nate Thompson -- Riley Barber

Ben Chiarot -- Shea Weber

Brett Kulak -- Jeff Petry

Mike Reilly -- Cale Fleury

Carey Price

Charlie Lindgren

Scratched: Christian Folin, Lukas Vejdemo

Injured: Jonathan Drouin (wrist), Paul Byron (knee), Victor Mete (ankle), Matthew Peca (leg), Jesperi Kotkaniemi (concussion)

:gohabsgo:

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see what Poehling can do for some time in the top 6 while he is playing solid and confident hockey. They could move Lehky with Suzuki and Cousins with Thompson and put Poehling with Domi and Armia until some bodies get back for a few games.

• Upvote 1

Is it already a done deal that we should have taken Hughes over Kotka?  I hope Kotka can return to the lineup soon, and I also hope we didn't draft another Philip Danault #3 overall.  Love Danault, but he's not quite the star we want with a top pick.

Who would you rather have going forward, Pettersson and Hughes or Eichel and Dahlin?  Those are the top two young #1C and #1D combos that came to mind (I suppose you could do Matthews - Reilly, but Reilly isn't as young anymore).

Yea, if gallagher would have had that finish it would have been a perfect shot. 

Where has the habs offense gone, 

Who would have thought a tatar penalty would have wound up in the back of the net

42 minutes ago, Neech said:

Is it already a done deal that we should have taken Hughes over Kotka?  I hope Kotka can return to the lineup soon, and I also hope we didn't draft another Philip Danault #3 overall.  Love Danault, but he's not quite the star we want with a top pick.

Who would you rather have going forward, Pettersson and Hughes or Eichel and Dahlin?  Those are the top two young #1C and #1D combos that came to mind (I suppose you could do Matthews - Reilly, but Reilly isn't as young anymore).

Hes 19... he could be playing in the world juniors... but instead hes been in the NHL for the last year and a bit.

Lets give some time before anything is a done deal.

This is coming from someone who was quite vocal that Hughes was #3 on my board and who I would have taken.  Right now, that assessment may look good for me.. but i know this isnt a final determination til both players have had 4 or 5 years in the nhl.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

In Habs game bingo, "Lehkonen misses an offensive opportunity" is the free square.

I like the kid, and really appreciate some of the things he uniquely brings to the table, but every time i see him in a top 6 position where he would be required to produce, instead of a 3rd line shut down role where production is a bonus, I just feel like...

tenor.gif?itemid=3544084

15 minutes ago, IN THE HEARTS OF MEN said:

There is soo many hab fans in attendance against a team in the thick of the playoff picture as we are...

Always are lots of habs fans on these western swings.  Many habs fans in vancity, stampedetown, oilcountry and the pit of despair.