Habs point prediction for 2005/2006

Rooster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Peter Puck
Originally posted by shortcat1

I'll go out on a limb (just a bit...) and say about 164.

I admit I scoffed when Fozzy/shortcat1 made this prediction in September.

I apologize for not having enough faith.

:bow:

You a funny guy... is a long season, a long and hard season but any accolade, I'll take - warranted or not.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by simonus

Yeah, but Kovalev is on track to score 0 goals...

And like 100 assists. And Begin might serioussly rack up some points this year.

Originally posted by Peter Puck

I'll go out on a limb (just a bit...) and say about 164.

You a funny guy... is a long season, a long and hard season but any accolade, I'll take - warranted or not.

Shortcat is the first to lose his bragging rights.

90-100 points. Will be a 4 or 5 seed in the playoffs. Then due to the team's speed, the habs will shock some people in the playoffs. I dont see a stanley cup this year due to the team is still a little to young. But next year is the year to dominate because of the cba, teams cant hold big money players easily. Teams like Ottawa and Vancouver have to win this year because next year I doubt they can keep some of their stars. Thats why I like the habs to challenge for the cup next year. But this year I wouldnt be all surprised to see the team end up in the eastern finals.

A little late here but I say

45-29-8

So 98 points! lol

• 5 months later...

I thought it was about time to revisit this thread. I must say these predictions confirm that HW is a collection of (mostly) hockey geniuses. B)

Below is a summary of the predictions made in this thread for the final Habs point total. (Most of) these were made during the preseason. As of the time of this posting we have 87 points and 7 games to go.

90 Dutch Habs Fan

92 kaos

93 Brett38

95 Peter Puck

95+ Simonus

96 les glorieux

96 ndmartinxyz

96 shortcat1

97 Rooster

97 VaughHabFan

98 JeanLucPilon

98 xXx..CK..xXx

99 Bullis the Habbie

100 redondo

101 Macaskill

102 DANFALCAO

104 bookworm (and the stanley cup and theodore gets his first conn smythe)

110 ch nl

164 Shortcat1 (well, actually Fozzy)

Tommy9 made 2 predictions: 101 and 94

Bullis the Habbie made a 2nd prediction of 103

Pierre the Great predicted 90-100

I thought it was about time to revisit this thread. I must say these predictions confirm that HW is a collection of (mostly) hockey geniuses. B)

90 Dutch Habs Fan

92 kaos

93 Brett38

95 Peter Puck

95+ Simonus

96 les glorieux

96 ndmartinxyz

96 shortcat1

97 Rooster

97 VaughHabFan

98 JeanLucPilon

98 xXx..CK..xXx

99 Bullis the Habbie

100 redondo

101 Macaskill

Thanks Peter Puck, I forgot about this thread -- has it really been an entire season, whew! Well lots of us still in contention -- who will get bragging rights?

I vaguely remember making the prediction that we would have a Swiss/France goaltending tandem by season's end! ^_^:unsure: Or is that another acid flashback?

Shortcat is the first to lose his bragging rights.

What? Not in my own private little universe, isolated from all the stress, frustration and menaces of the world outside. It's so peaceful & quiet in here... warm... fuzzy fetal floating... in soothing utter uterine contentment. Thank you, Mommy-mine :):):) ....

Edited by shortcat1

Okay 89 points and 5 games to go.

90 Dutch Habs Fan

92 kaos

93 Brett38

95 Peter Puck

95+ Simonus

96 les glorieux

96 ndmartinxyz

96 shortcat1

97 Rooster

97 VaughHabFan

98 JeanLucPilon

98 xXx..CK..xXx

99 Bullis the Habbie

100 redondo

101 Macaskill

102 DANFALCAO

110 ch nl

Wooooo I havent posted in forever, but thats ok! Ive still been watching and listening in religiously. I see the Habs Finishing out with 94 Points. They will lose in a close match (most likely in a shootout). PS: For all of you habs fans picking on Alex Kovalev...shame on you. He has been pouring his heart out there...I know how it feels to have a monkey on your back....i went into a 10 game scoreless drought...and it was the worst feeling in my life. Why is he facing so much heat? If he had some decent linemates that could make themselves available (cough* garth murray and ribeiro)...then maybe he wouldnt be shooting as much and dangling so much...Mind you, you have to admit its pretty humourous watching him embarass the opponents! At least kovalev is still getting assists...and the way we have to look at it is its better getting the slump done and overwith now, as opposed to the playoffs when we need him the most :P . But I would like to address a very serious issue...MIKE KOMISAREK....Someone please start a new thread about him with the topic LIABILITY. He is the biggest Defensive liability on the entire team...and 2 out of the 3 NJ goals were either him being out of position down low or him taking an irresponsible penalty. KOMISAREK needs to be scratched...id like to see Todd Simpson in there and let Komi sit up in the boxes for a few games...maybe learn a thing or two about defensive positioning.

Anyways, till next time..Prayers go out to Begin being ok for playoffs...even though it looks like his ACL was finished on the replay.

GO :hlogo: GO!

I was planning on choosing 97 before the season but I switched to 99 after Rooster took it. To get 99 points we need to go 5-0 in our final 5 games. Considering how we've been playing lately, it's possible. Especially now that we have 2 capable goalies.

...MIKE KOMISAREK....Someone please start a new thread about him with the topic LIABILITY. He is the biggest Defensive liability on the entire team...and 2 out of the 3 NJ goals were either him being out of position down low or him taking an irresponsible penalty. KOMISAREK needs to be scratched...id like to see Todd Simpson in there and let Komi sit up in the boxes for a few games...maybe learn a thing or two about defensive positioning.

Anyways, till next time..Prayers go out to Begin being ok for playoffs...even though it looks like his ACL was finished on the replay.

GO :hlogo: GO!

THe kid is only 24 and learning the hardest postion there is in hockey. T he worst thing you could do is sit Komisarek and stunt his growth. This will be some of the best experiences he'll ever go through and will undoubtley make him a better defensman in the future. No way to you sit him. SImpson brings nothing to the game, except grit. He's even more of a liability back there. Mike will be just fine and Montreal can live with his mistakes, as he'll learn for the future

THe kid is only 24 and learning the hardest postion there is in hockey. T he worst thing you could do is sit Komisarek and stunt his growth. This will be some of the best experiences he'll ever go through and will undoubtley make him a better defensman in the future. No way to you sit him. SImpson brings nothing to the game, except grit. He's even more of a liability back there. Mike will be just fine and Montreal can live with his mistakes, as he'll learn for the future

And don't forget, Markov's there to cover for him! :D

I was not on the site at this time but I would have guess 95 points.

I am sure you will not believe me.

Well I for one do believe you JMMR.

Of course, it is easier to ride on someone else's coattails. :king:

Wow, thats funny I've seen him paired with Souray alot.......

When? Recently? Souray usually plays with Rivet...

Dutch Habs Fan is eliminated. 91 points; 4 games left.

90 Dutch Habs Fan

92 kaos

93 Brett38

95 Peter Puck

95+ Simonus

96 les glorieux

96 ndmartinxyz

96 shortcat1

97 Rooster

97 VaughHabFan

98 JeanLucPilon

98 xXx..CK..xXx

99 Bullis the Habbie

100 redondo

101 Macaskill

102 DANFALCAO

110 ch nl

Edited by Peter Puck