Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

LOL. I hate emo bands and gothy emo bands. In fact I hate emo. Although what the hell is emo. Its completely morphed into something it wasn't intended to be. I mean look up emo in wiki and you get death cab for cutie yes DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE!!!! and those punky bands in the same catagory? huh? Lol. dcc and fall out boy in the same music genre? I don't think so.

Coldplay and Death cab for cutie have more in common then fall out boy.

But then again before Coldplay was big they played the Warp Tour.

And before the X&Y Album came out when you bought a Coldplay song the genre said "Alternative and Punk" Alternative yes but punk? I love that band think there awesome but they aren't punk.

of course EMI won't let Coldplay try anything different because it might make EMI loose there money maker as seen when Chris Martin did that song with his friend Nelly Furtado. But EMI was like "no we can't have Chris Martin acting this way, would ruin his image" so they didn't let the song be put on the album. lol Whatever happend to artistic expressions?

very true I mean look at what wikipedia says is 'emo'

The Academy Is..., The All-American Rejects, AFI, Alexisonfire, Armor For Sleep, Brand New, Coheed and Cambria, Death Cab For Cutie, The Early November, Fall Out Boy, From First to Last, Funeral for a Friend, Hawthorne Heights, Motion City Soundtrack, My Chemical Romance, Panic! at the Disco, Senses Fail, Something Corporate, The Starting Line, Story of the Year, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, Thrice, Thursday, and Underoath

I always thought bands like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance were Blink 182 wannabes really. They all sound the same. Why Death Cab for Cutie is on this list I have no idea.

I listen to most of that but very few of it is Emo. It seems lately that post-hardcore and pop punk are getting confused with Emo.

Looking at the list, Hawthorne Heights, Brand New,The Early November and The Starting Line are probably the closest to Emo. The rest is indie, metal, post-hardcore and pop punk. Or just punk.

I blame MTV.

MTV is killing our generation. People think everything on that channel is real. LOL. Even those 'dating shows' are actors. Its the fake channel.

They have all those "reality" shows like Laguna Beach and whatever, when do they show music videos? Much atleast still does that, although they're making all these new shows as well. Nothing as bad as Real World or Laguna Beach, theres always some kind of tie-in to a specific artist atleast.

They have all those "reality" shows like Laguna Beach and whatever, when do they show music videos? Much atleast still does that, although they're making all these new shows as well. Nothing as bad as Real World or Laguna Beach, theres always some kind of tie-in to a specific artist atleast.

OMG like like like like like like OMG like like so not like like like like like like cool like cool dude. Like like like like like like MTV like oh like soooo like awessooome like like Omg!!

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I used to love VH1 but they've become MTV lite and then Fuse has a pants off dance off show where idiots get naked.

AFI whom are they?

Probably one of the best examples of underground success. Had their major label debut in 2003 with Sing The Sorrow and released their second major label CD in June, Decemberunderground.

Their music has REALLY changed over the years too, if you listen to something for Very Proud Of Ya or The Art Of Drowning, can't even tell it's the same band. Released 7 full-length CDs, 5 on the indie label Nitro Records and then left on the advice of the founder of Nitro Records. Signed with Dreamworks and released Sing The Sorrow with them and then released Decumberunderground on Interscope records. Umm...founded in 1991. AFI stands for A Fire Inside. Their first single Miss Murder was a huge hit over the summer and they just released Love Like Winter, their second single from Decemberunderground. One of the songs from the CD I'm not a huge fan of though.

Evanescence and MCR aren't anything alike either.

And no...just...no. Your music taste sucks. So pbbbth.

I didn't say that they were alike. I said that if Killswitch sounds like Evanescence OR MCR, then I would apply the same judgement. And no, my musical taste doesn't suck, it's just...different. :king:

As for the whole emo rant, the best emo band EVER is/was Christie Front Drive. Mmmm... ^_^

1221395.jpg

Arkansas Razorback players Clarke Moore, Brett Goode and Casey Dick

need to stop hanging out on the sidelines!

:lool:

holly crap, man :lol:

Best emo band ever (according to me) is Brand New. Check em out. Some of the lyrics are just genius. Plus, some of his aweful singing is fantastic too. :D

you guys have to tell me wath EMO stands for. apparently if seems to some corporate pseudo-punk that mommies and daddies love.

Brand New is pretty good. Don't listen to them a lot, but I've listened to their CDs a couple of times, my friend is a fan of them.

4 days till the new Evanescence album

Nice, I've been hoping they'd do another disc.

I'm still waiting for Trans-Siberian Orchestra's new CD. It's been in the works for 2 years, but still hasn't even been announced for release. Hopefully they'll have more info on their winter tour.

you guys have to tell me wath EMO stands for. apparently if seems to some corporate pseudo-punk that mommies and daddies love.

Well...theres two versions. Emo has the new slang is just emo, it's just a 14 year old depressed, black flippy haired wristcutter.

Then theres the music that started in underground Washington DC back in the 1980s that those 14 year olds have no ****ing idea about. Oh yeah and it stands for emotional hardcore.

Red Sox crapped the bed long enough to finish third in the division. Ask me if I actually care though.

And Evanescence is out tomorrow! Yes!