Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

That makes no sense at all. If you're a procrastinator, then obviously you go to the party. Which is better - procrastining by partying with a girl, or procrastinating by posting on HW?

Nonono, I didn't say you pick out what you want to hear, I said you misinterpret it and hear it the way you want to hear it. Picking out flaws in an argument is legitimate. What you're doing is taking what someone says and skewing it because you are assuming they are saying something you disagree with. This is exactly what you did hear. I wrote "schools" and you assumed I meant I was blaming teachers and actual schools. The first time I could understand confusion, so I cleared it up. But then you continued to argue as if I hadn't cleared up that point. You ignored that I actually agreed with you to some extent and continued to argue against something that wasn't even there to begin with.

I've got bad reading comprehension, which shows up massively on message boards. lol

I've been accused of not reading people's posts. I read it but only keywords pop out and then I'll totally misread what people were saying. Then people get pissed at me. lol

I think I explained it before, I fell in the "grey area" with learning disabilities. I "didn't qualify" completely to get "special help" with reading but I didn't full qualify to be considered "non-disabled". God I love the sensitive words school districts use. Only shows up though in my writing. If I was talking to you, in person, you wouldn't have the slightest clue. weird.

Then what you do is you re-read things carefully and pickup on more than just keywords. But that isn't the case here, because I came right out and said I wasn't referring to schools themselves, there's no comprehension there. You sound a lot like a person who uses a "disability" as an excuse, rather than one whp works to overcome the disability so that it becomes as little a factor in life as possible.

Then what you do is you re-read things carefully and pickup on more than just keywords. But that isn't the case here, because I came right out and said I wasn't referring to schools themselves, there's no comprehension there. You sound a lot like a person who uses a "disability" as an excuse, rather than one whp works to overcome the disability so that it becomes as little a factor in life as possible.

don't kick away PTG's crutches! He might leave forever for 3 days.

how do you "overcome" a disability? Stop taking the add pills. Yup that works I start shaking like I have Parkinson's. I've tried everything, been studied on, read really slow. Nothing works. I just live with it.

how do you "overcome" a disability? Stop taking the add pills. Yup that works I start shaking like I have Parkinson's. I've tried everything, been studied on, read really slow. Nothing works. I just live with it.

As I said, by making it become as little a factor in your life as possible. Like a person without legs running a marathon instead of saying, "I'm disabled, I can't do that." Like a person with dyslexia becoming a great writer despite the disability instead of saying, "I have a disability that means I can't do things like that." There are thousands examples of people with both physical and mental disabilities doing things like that.

I've had plenty of students with learning disabilities, and there were always two types: those who used their disability as an excuse for their lack of effort and those who tried twice as hard to work through their disability. The first type would bitch about medication and then sit there in class not even bothering to take notes because they say they won't get it anyways. The second type took their medication, didn't bitch, and took great notes, did all the examples, and asked questions because they didn't let their disability hold them back.

P.S. If you're shaking like you have Parkinson's when you stop taking your ADD pills, then there is something wrong with your prescription. It's too strong or its the wrong stuff or something, because you shouldn't be going through withdrawal with ADD medication. ADD medication helps you concentrate, it shouldn't be having any physical effects.

I'm neither of those. That's a big generalization of ADD people. There's not just "two camps" so to speak.

no when I'm not on the medication, I look like I have Parkinson's or a junkie in need of a fix. can't sit still. I was like this before medication.

Edited by Pierre the Great

I'm neither of those. That's a big generalization of ADD people. There's not just "two camps" so to speak.

no when I'm not on the medication, I look like I have Parkinson's or a junkie in need of a fix. can't sit still. I was like this before medication.

Let's see here, you're blaming your disability for your lack of being able to read my posts correctly. And in this case, what I said was extremely clear and succinct, there was no understanding involved, as you incorrectly claim. Hmm, yeah, that's not the first type at all.

ADD doesn't make you shake involuntarily like you have Parkinson's. It can make you feel antsy, but physical actions driven by ADD are still voluntary. For example, you feel the need to get up and walk around in class, but you're voluntarily walking. It doesn't cause involuntary movement. If you're shaking involuntarily, then you don't have ADD.

So you really are going in that direction, good luck. :)

Yes, I am, and thanks. Now stop arguing. This is the Nothing thread, the whole purpose of it is that it doesn't concern anything important and people can just talk about random things. If we want to read arguments and debates we can read just about any other thread that you've posted in. But keep it out of this one!

Yes, I am, and thanks. Now stop arguing. This is the Nothing thread, the whole purpose of it is that it doesn't concern anything important and people can just talk about random things. If we want to read arguments and debates we can read just about any other thread that you've posted in. But keep it out of this one!

:unsure:

Shouldn't you be playing Halo or something?

Doing a project.

Doing a project.

Which is code for......

wait - you're not one of those people who wacks off to their WoW characters, are you? :huh:

Which is code for......

wait - you're not one of those people who wacks off to their WoW characters, are you? :huh:

I hate WoW. :P

I think so anyways.

Kaberle is being greedy.

I hate WoW. :P

I think so anyways.

Kaberle is being greedy.

My friends are totally obsessed with it. I have one who's had his character at level 70 for almost a year and he's been building him up. Apparently he's got one of the best characters on the server. But he plays it non-stop.

And I don't care about Kaberle. Like I said, it's your problem.

My friends are totally obsessed with it. I have one who's had his character at level 70 for almost a year and he's been building him up. Apparently he's got one of the best characters on the server. But he plays it non-stop.

And I don't care about Kaberle. Like I said, it's your problem.

Kaberle sucks.

Then why have you been begging me for him for the past 2 seasons?

I only asked about him today. Stop putting words into people's mouths.

I only asked about him today. Stop putting words into people's mouths.

*Sigh* The lies people will say to protect their dignity...

*Sigh* The lies people will say to protect their dignity...

I said to say something like "I like cake". :P

Lets start a story where I say a sentence then you say one and we go back and forth.

Pierre walked into a barber shop.

I said to say something like "I like cake". :P

Lets start a story where I say a sentence then you say one and we go back and forth.

Pierre walked into a barber shop.

:rolleyes:

Man, you are desperate to *censored*.

Edited by BTH

:rolleyes:

Man, you are desperate to *censored*.

I warned you.

QUICK! PIERRE! POST 38 TIMES TO BEAT BTH TO 10000 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MWUAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!