Mar. 3, Habs vs Flames, 9 PM

dlbalr

11 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I certainly agree that Gally was a legit 30-goal guy, in his day. 

I was referring to Galchenyuk in 2015-16, though!

"in his day", you make it sound like he played in another era. He scored 14 goals in 35 games (30 goal pace)  LAST YEAR. He is having a crap year this year for sure but "his day" is not quite over yet. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Chucky had a good run the next season (PPG over 25 games) before he hurt his knee.

he came back and was never the same, but it could be it was a mirage too. 

I hadn’t realized that, actually. Interesting to think that Galy might in fact be damaged goods, rather than a straightforward flop. Personally I doubt that this is the case, because I never saw him develop the kind of hockey sense needed to be a high-level performer over a consistent period, but still.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I hadn’t realized that, actually. Interesting to think that Galy might in fact be damaged goods, rather than a straightforward flop. Personally I doubt that this is the case, because I never saw him develop the kind of hockey sense needed to be a high-level performer over a consistent period, but still.

the Therrien to Julien change happened while he was hurt too, and while Therrien had grown to trust him as a C, Julien never did. 

Its a whole bunch of what ifs with him.... but ultimately I think hindsight now shows that he never got trusted as a C with any other teams and tells us he wasn't a C and his game was never well rounded enough to be good in the NHL. 

10 minutes ago, Commandant said:

the Therrien to Julien change happened while he was hurt too, and while Therrien had grown to trust him as a C, Julien never did. 

Its a whole bunch of what ifs with him.... but ultimately I think hindsight now shows that he never got trusted as a C with any other teams and tells us he wasn't a C and his game was never well rounded enough to be good in the NHL. 

seems like ARZ is giving him a chance (over 200 face offs, 53%FO):

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/arizona-coyotes/line-combinations/

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

13:16 average time on ice this season.  He's been a fourth liner with some occasional chances higher up the lineup.

55 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

6th most faceoffs on the 'Yotes ... so not a BIG chance

52 minutes ago, Commandant said:

13:16 average time on ice this season.  He's been a fourth liner with some occasional chances higher up the lineup.

So a potential 1C in Laval?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

yeah, he could be ahl bound.  with the value of the rubble, the KHL is less of an option for many. 

Not to mention that at the moment the only way to fly to Russia would likely be through China ...