Game #28, Calgary @ Montreal. 7:00pm EST

TurdBurglar

12 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

However, if the league decides to err on the side of player safety and impose a one-game suspension, I won’t object,since I’m always decrying the league’s neglect of player safety. What will grate is the knowledge that an identical case could happen next week and the league decision could be completely different. 

I would object as it would be the WORST  decision ever. Not even close to being a suspension. I can't believe they would even review it. 

10 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I would object as it would be the WORST  decision ever. Not even close to being a suspension. I can't believe they would even review it. 

It would only make sense as part of policy of absolute zero-tolerance toward knee-on-knee contact.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It would only make sense as part of policy of absolute zero-tolerance toward knee-on-knee contact.

Then who would you suspend? Kadri?  Both of them?  Nick tried to avoid contact. Kadri didn't or couldn't as he had his head down. 

I hope St Louis is under orders to play Hoffman/Dadanov/Armia on the PP to boost their stock. Otherwise #20 should be on the #1 unit (with Caufield out anyways).

And whoever is the PP coach should be fired/demoted/tarred-feathered.

https://www.habsworld.net/2022/12/habs-overcome-atrocious-power-play-to-beat-calgary/

Who cares about the 2minute penalty to Suzuki...what is the big deal? If roles reversed and Suzuki was hurt, would hear ranting and raving about dirty Kadri.

Was a fun game and the head injuries to Tanev/Caufield were only downers.

I really not liking seeing Wideman playing, feel bad for his partners and having to see him on the PP instead of Guhle/Harris or Xhekaj. I guess St Louis has to play him with Matheson out, but god he sucks.

2 hours ago, huzer said:

Coincidentally, the Habs got their 14th win of the season last year vs Calgary in OT. Win 14 didn't happen until March 3, though.

Who gets fired to get the PP going? Burrows?

That's a neat stat.

They won't fire any coaches.  The power play has been really bad for a while and frankly, they don't have the horses to be an upper-end unit.  I'm not a big Burrows fan but they'll cut him some slack based on the personnel.

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

That's a neat stat.

They won't fire any coaches.  The power play has been really bad for a while and frankly, they don't have the horses to be an upper-end unit.  I'm not a big Burrows fan but they'll cut him some slack based on the personnel.

Also, there is a very positive vibe around the team this year. Why mess with that? I understand that “development” includes developing a good PP, but firing a coach mid-season is something a win-now team would do. If they’re gonna dump Burrows (and we should remember that maybe three years ago he began a meteoric ascent through the coaching ranks, hailed as a good “get” on Bergevin’s part), I would expect it to be in the off-season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Also, there is a very positive vibe around the team this year. Why mess with that? I understand that “development” includes developing a good PP, but firing a coach mid-season is something a win-now team would do. If they’re gonna dump Burrows (and we should remember that maybe three years ago he began a meteoric ascent through the coaching ranks, hailed as a good “get” on Bergevin’s part), I would expect it to be in the off-season.

Good post. Messing with the coaching staff just doesn't seem to make any sense right now. Overall they are exceeding expectations. 

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

We take things literally on this board. You should know that!  LOL

yeah! you either have to add a bunch of emojis or lots of qualifiers in sentences  that make them unreadable

:argue::hammer::flaming::sarcasm_on::ph34r::nuts: