Cole Caufield contract

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This raises a good question. Is it in fact true that small players are more likely to face serious injuries than big ones in the NHL? The answer may seem intuitively obvious, but I don’t recall MSL or even David Desharnais being especially injury-prone. It’s possible that for small player to become a NHL regular in the first place, they will have developed skills in avoiding taking too much punishment. Do we have any numbers on this? 

For every small guy injury (Audette, Gionta, Cammalleri, Gallagher, Byron), I can find big guy injuries too (Eddie, Weber, Price, Hossa, Clarkson, Horton). It's confirmation bias. Really, I'm glad the Habs locked up Caufield for the age that they have him, as injuries for all players, big and small, pile up with age.

Paying for potential is not something the Habs have historically done, so this is new territory for fans and the team. I can understand those with hesitancy around the deal for those reasons. That shot though...oh my. 🙂

2 minutes ago, huzer said:

For every small guy injury (Audette, Gionta, Cammalleri, Gallagher, Byron), I can find big guy injuries too (Eddie, Weber, Price, Hossa, Clarkson, Horton). It's confirmation bias. Really, I'm glad the Habs locked up Caufield for the age that they have him, as injuries for all players, big and small, pile up with age.

Paying for potential is not something the Habs have historically done, so this is new territory for fans and the team. I can understand those with hesitancy around the deal for those reasons. That shot though...oh my. 🙂

Yeah…if there is a reason to worry about CC and injuries, it’s because of his shoulder, not because he’s small per se, IMHO. 

I’m surprised by the amount of size bias that still exists, not so much on this site, but in wider fan commentary. (I mean, yes, you need a certain amount of size on your team for sure, but you’d think people would recognize by now that small players can thrive). 

In hockey terms, his chemistry with Suzuki is magic and I am more than happy to have that locked up for years to come.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Michkov is quite small.

so is Lane Hutson but both seem to so much potential.

I can understand why so many are intrigued by Michkov, but I would pass of him for what I believe the Habs need