Habs sign Lias Andersson

dlbalr

I expect he is Laval-bound until (a) he earns a promotion and (b) HuGo clear some NHL roster space ... see-ya early March 2024(?).

Another retread for Gorton and Hughes, and a reminder of Gorton's spotty record at the top of the draft (which I hope hasn't continued with Slaf and Rickenbacher). They sure seem loyal to 'their guys' - at least there's no possible downside to this deal.

4 minutes ago, Neech said:

Another retread for Gorton and Hughes, and a reminder of Gorton's spotty record at the top of the draft (which I hope hasn't continued with Slaf and Rickenbacher). They sure seem loyal to 'their guys' - at least there's no possible downside to this deal.

This are the taking a flyer moves I don’t mind. It’s the ones where you give up #1 picks as a rebuilding team I’m weary about. I think we’re the only one who moved our first rounder after the trade deadline.

5 minutes ago, Neech said:

They sure seem loyal to 'their guys'

Most GMs are ... Brendan Gallagher says ten "Marc Bergevins" every day in appreciation of his contract.

While this is a low risk move I don’t mind, it does make me  afraid of a management team that thinks they are smarter than everyone else, and prove they were right, when they keep going back and signing players they liked before; or are familiar with.  MB was horrible when it came to extending guys he liked.l, while giving the shaft to markov.

Newhook, former client of Hughes, and Andersson a guy that Gorton drafted. I hope it’s not because Gorton ants to prove he made the right pick when he was with NYR’s.

it’s kind of like Dubas with the guys he knows. There is a report out there that if he was staying with the leafs, he wanted to extend Matt Murrey.

With Andersson, it’s not much cap space or assets given up, but with Newhook, it’s they are going to have to pay him AND they gave up significant assets to get him. I like rolling the dice on Andersson, not so much on Newhook.