3rd
13:35 Manitoba Moose
Kristian Reichel

17:24 Laval Rocket
Emil Heineman
None
(EN)

1 hour ago, DON said:

Jared Davidson 8pts 17gms seems to be transitioning to pro pretty well eh?

It seems like it but the playing time is still pretty sporadic.  I'd like to see him get a more consistent look and not just play in the bottom six.

For the time being at least, Laval is in a play-in spot.  I didn't see that coming a month ago.

25 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

For the time being at least, Laval is in a play-in spot.  I didn't see that coming a month ago.

And only four points behind second place, with 8-1-1 record in the last 10 games. They might even be able to avoid the play-in (4th vs 5th in the North division).

9 hours ago, tomh009 said:

And only four points behind second place, with 8-1-1 record in the last 10 games. They might even be able to avoid the play-in (4th vs 5th in the North division).

yes, they are currently very hot

image.png

This really doesn't fit under any current thread (apologies if it does, mods fell free to move it) and didn't think it warranted its own ... former Rocket coach Joel Bouchard pulled his goalie mid-first period in order to have a 6-on-3 PP ...

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

This really doesn't fit under any current thread (apologies if it does, mods fell free to move it) and didn't think it warranted its own ... former Rocket coach Joel Bouchard pulled his goalie mid-first period in order to have a 6-on-3 PP ...

Bouchard likes to pull one of those tricks every now and then. Not the best strategist if I remember correctly, but he often seems to be able to get his teams to "go through a brick wall" for him.

the Rocket is on fire, they dominated the Sens and got closer to them in the standings. Xhekaj held back when he was "rag-dolling" Saulnier in their fight. Condotta wrestled down Headerington. It was an intense game, The Rocket was the better team.

Simoneau-Maillet-Andersson

Kidney-Gignac-Heineman

Cederqvist-Condotta-Bourque

Davidson-Mysak-McKay

Xhekaj-Mailloux

Trudeau-Bisson

Beaudin-Galipeau

Dobes

Hockey-wise, as far as I can remember: Mysak, Gignac, Heineman, Condotta, MAilloux, Bisson, Dobes played well.

The video:

Laval vs Belleville again tonight.

I am more excited about this game than the Habs because I want to see how the prospects navigate a high intensity physical tilt.

Kidney, Mailloux for example.

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

.943 in his first three games. Let's see if he can keep it up against Belleville.

I like how he shares his perspective after the games. He says he is getting his form back, now that he is playing actual games.

If the Rocket plays with the same intensity, he should be fine:

Tonight's lines for the rematch:

GEUu9gEWIAA4S2Y?format=jpg

Notably, Boko Imama is back in for Belleville after serving his suspension for his part in a melee last weekend.  With how chippy yesterday's game was, he could be primed to do something really stupid.

two fights in the first. Mailloux first, then McKay who took on Imama to make sure he is not running after Xhekal (according to the play by play guys).

Very brave of McKay to take on that hulk.

Mailloux took a long tome before returning. Probably the stitches or concussion protocol took a long time. When he came back, the Rocket started getting more scoring chances.

The smaller Rocket player played scared most of the period. Kidney was demoted in favor of Cederqvist. Trudeau, Beadin are chipping the puck more often that usual.

Mysak and McKay have not changed their feisty style in this game. Mailloux is also playing the same and not backing away from contact. I would have preferred him not to fight.

It seems obvious the organization does not want Xhekaj to fight. He is playing a measured game, holding back on body checks and staying away from scuffles

better second period, except for an offensive zone penalty by Kidney at the start of the period.

Beaudin and Kidney are not having a good game. Kaz has let in two goals but is keeping them in the game.

Gignac and Heineman are generating chances. Mailloux is a smart offensive player. It's a close game and could still turn in favour of Laval in the 3rd.

5 minutes to play in the 2nd

Davidson checks Sebrango on his blind angle and gets roughed up. Matchign 2 min. 4 vs 4

Gignac is such a smart player...

Jared Davidson makes 2-1, just after he gets out of the penalty box. Andersson made a smart move in zone entry

1:30 min left in the 2nd

Simoneau makes it 2-2. Trudeau and Simoneu with a nice play controlling the puck in the offensive zone

Imama with a bonehead penalty with a few seconds before the end of the period. The momentum changed, let's hope it carries over in the 3rd

image.png

if Laval wins they tie Belleville.

refs just give offsetting matching minors. This is going to get out of hand

5 min to Saulnier

2 min to McKay who came to defend his goalie

Edited by alfredoh2009
updated penalty details