2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

Some help for Dobes, yeah! :clap:

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

There's a name I haven't heard for a bit.  Rough year for him in the SHL but he was serviceable for the Marlies in the past.

He is already with the club in Syracuse:

Rocket Weekly: An Atlantic Split – HabsWorld.net

"There are 48 goalies league-wide who have played enough to be ‘qualifying’ goalies.  Of those, Laval has the 45th and 48th in GAA and 43rd and 46th in save percentage.  That played a big role in them signing veteran Kasimir Kaskisuo to a PTO deal."

• Upvote 1

very good video from LVL's new goalie:

Laval is expected to loan Nicolas Beaudin out again for the upcoming Spengler Cup.  They did this last year as well.  Considering he's about 8th on the depth chart right now, it might not be a bad idea (as long as they don't get a rash of injuries on the back end over the next few games).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Lots of former Montreal/Laval connections in the top five for WBS - #1 is a former Hab, #4 played for Laval the last couple of years, and #5 was an unsigned Hab pick.  (They also have Xavier Ouellet on their roster.)

Yes, it should make for an interesting game.

I hope the Rocket plays better and that they win in a way that shows that better days are ahead 

all I want for Christmas is MVP honours for Owen Beck !

13 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

all I want for Christmas is MVP honours for Owen Beck !

I am starting to think you like Owen Beck?  An MVP award would be nice but as we have seen in the past it doesn't guarantee future success (ie. Ryan Poehling) although an MVP award likely means Canada does well in the tourney. 

53 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am starting to think you like Owen Beck?  An MVP award would be nice but as we have seen in the past it doesn't guarantee future success (ie. Ryan Poehling) although an MVP award likely means Canada does well in the tourney. 

shoot, I just realized I put this in the wrong thread.

on Beck, there is no guaranty that he will be a successful NHL player; but it is fun to have someone to cheer for. Other love Hutson, who seems like a future star (more than Beck). I just like cheering for this kid.