2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

7 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Perhaps Struble's game is more suited for the pro game than the college game. 

All I know is that watching him in person at the prospects tourney really changed my impression of him. I think he is an NHLer. 

• Upvote 1

a sloppy game with many turnovers by both teams. Rocket showed grit to come back.

Dobes kept them in the game.

Still, to my potato eyes, there does not seem to be much play cohesion. Lots of individual plays, dump & chase of pucks and blind passes.

I liked Mailloux's game. Kidney had some flashes, Strubble was good too

11 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

... Still, to my potato eyes, there does not seem to be much play cohesion. Lots of individual plays, dump & chase of pucks and blind passes ...

Not surprising IMO when so many players are under 25 yrs-old (9/15 forwards, 6/9 defencemen. 1/2 goalies), with two others barely 25.

Mailloux and Dobeš guide Rocket to comeback win - EOTP (habseyesontheprize.com)

Final Score: Laval 5, Toronto 3

It was a huge victory for a Rocket team needing a positive result, and scoring four unanswered goals in a comeback win certainly qualifies. These same two sides will square off again on Saturday night with a 7:00 PM puck drop.

19 hours ago, DON said:

Thanks for sharing, seems like they were undisciplined and that Dobes could not bailout the defensive mistakes 

52 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Thanks for sharing, seems like they were undisciplined and that Dobes could not bailout the defensive mistakes 

Be nice to see Primeau playing there sooner than later, but assume Habs not confident he would make it through waivers.

Emil Heineman is back practicing, but in a non-contact sweater with no timeline for his return ... they are being very cautious as it was not his first concussion.

image.png

Laval Rocket @ Manitoba Moose Sunday, November 12, 2023 | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

"The Laval Rocket are well-rested, and they will need to be as they kick off a stretch of five games in seven days this afternoon.

Off since a home loss to Toronto on Nov. 4, the Rocket are in Winnipeg for games with the Moose today and Monday morning. The team then flies back home for games Wednesday (vs. Belleville) and Friday (Lehigh Valley) before an overnight trip south to face Utica closes out the week.

Jean-Francois Houle’s club is looking to rebound from a 2-7-1-1 start. They are winless in three tries on the road so far."

Holy, a 6-2 WIN:1banana:

Dobes 1st star 2g 25 shot WIn

Roy 1g1a 4 shots

Mailloux 1g1a 3 shots

Trudeau 2a 3 shots

Farrell 1g 5shots

Davidson 1g 2 shots

Simoneau 1a

1 minute ago, DON said:

Holy, a 6-2 WIN:1banana:

Dobes 1st star 2g 25 shot WIn

Roy 1g1a 4 shots

Mailloux 1g1a 3 shots

Trudeau 2a

Farrell/Davidson 1g

Simoneau 1a

Is Andersson injured?

29 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Is Andersson injured?

I assume so; there's no way they'd scratch him.

Brady Keeper got a match penalty at the end of the game so it's likely he's suspended for tomorrow.  Norlinder (who was a healthy scratch) likely would take his place.

Nice game for some prospects.

Norlinder i assume we can finally stick a fork in him as a potential Hab, as he cant even make Laval's top six?

So folks can stop listing him as Habs LH-d depth and the 23 yr old likely headed to SHL for good next fall. 

Roy and Mailloux guide Rocket to a crucial win - EOTP (habseyesontheprize.com)

Still doing well, Roy 1g1a and 1 crossbar (14pts in 11 games) vs a slow start for Kidney 1a in 8games.

"Another quick counter saw Joshua Roy rip one right by Salminen, but according to the officials it didn’t cross the goal line after hitting the crossbar. Without a review it’s hard to say if it did or not, but it would have an impact on the end of the period."

Laval plays @ 11:30 am EST. Seems pretty early for a game.

"However, as the final horn sounded, Nikita Chibrikov took a few two-handed whacks at Keeper, and Keeper responded with a cross-check to the head/neck of Chibrikov. Things turned into a large kerfuffle as both teams had jumped on the ice at the final horn. After several minutes, things were sorted out.

Keeper was hit with a match penalty and will likely miss a game or two for his actions.

Final Score: Laval 6, Manitoba 2

These two sides will clash again on Monday at 11:30 Eastern for a school-day game, one that is sure to be extremely feisty after the end of this contest."

image.pngimage.png

THREE GAMES SUSPENSION FOR STRUBLE
November 13, 2023
The American Hockey League’s Player Safety Committee today announced that Laval Rocket defenseman Jayden Struble has been suspended for three (3) games and Manitoba Moose forward Jeff Malott has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of their actions in a game between their teams on Nov. 12.

Both players will miss the game between Laval and Manitoba today (Nov. 13). In addition, Struble will miss Laval’s games Wednesday (Nov. 15) vs. Belleville and Friday (Nov. 17) vs. Lehigh Va

Here is the video:

2 hours ago, DON said:

Norlinder i assume we can finally stick a fork in him as a potential Hab, as he cant even make Laval's top six?

So folks can stop listing him as Habs LH-d depth and the 23 yr old likely headed to SHL for good next fall. 

They're using a rotation, especially on the left side.  Trudeau has been sat down a few times as well so I wouldn't necessarily say this is the final nail in the coffin.  (Though yes, it's heading that way I think.)