2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

Years from now it will just show as a Rocket goalie Straus Mann scoring a goal.

Rocket Climb Back, Fall In OT | RECAP: ROC @ LAV - The Hockey News Montreal Canadiens News, Analysis, and More

"Filip Mesar was dressed for his first regular season game of the year. He had a regular shift in the first two periods before limited ice time in the third period. Jean-Francois Houle justifed the reduced ice time due to the team playing catchup and Mesar's defensive deficiencies. The coach added that it was normal for a player his age. 

Lias Andersson: Obtained two assists, six shots on goal and his playmaking ability generated scoring chances. " 

5-4 OT loss; Juri Kulich had hat trick (FWIW- Mesar was 26th and Kulich fell to 28th pick in 2022, has 6pts 3gms) 

Laval did have 43 shots (Mailloux 5 & Struble 4)

Farrell/Roy/Mesar 0pts 1 shot each

Rochester Americans @ Laval Rocket Wednesday, October 18, 2023 | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

... on the roster news front, Armia was recalled and Mesar was sent back to Kitchener.

Not that I am in any way a fan of Armia, but better to let the youngsters develop.

Glad Mesar saw the benefits of returning to junior ... now he needs to go out and DOMINATE.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Not that I am in any way a fan of Armia, but better to let the youngsters develop.

Glad Mesar saw the benefits of returning to junior ... now he needs to go out and DOMINATE.

Armia makes sense but man I wanted to see Roy play with Suzuki, Caufield. 

Let the kid dominate AHL is the right answer but I bet he would continue to score in the NHL right away. 

26 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Armia makes sense but man I wanted to see Roy play with Suzuki, Caufield. 

Let the kid dominate AHL is the right answer but I bet he would continue to score in the NHL right away. 

Our impatience (mine included) cannot be allowed to override development ... Roy has thus far had success ... I-M-O he (and all youngsters) need to also have some stretches of "failure" so they can learn how to adapt and "get themselves back on track" against pros.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Our impatience (mine included) cannot be allowed to override development ... Roy has thus far had success ... I-M-O he (and all youngsters) need to also have some stretches of "failure" so they can learn how to adapt and "get themselves back on track" against pros.

83d3d5.jpg

Tonight's lines in Belleville:

Maillet-Stephens-Andersson
Roy-Condotta-Farrell
Simoneau-Gignac-Legare
Mysak-Kidney-McKay

Struble-Trudeau
Lindstrom-Mailloux
Norlinder-Keeper

Mann

Remember the days when Laval had a whole bunch of extra forwards?  Going back all the way to...what, ten days ago when they had five spare forwards?  Now they're down to just 12 healthy ones already.

Hes looked great... controlling play... personally the points are indicative of his play overall and early progression.... and he's even left some points off the board.

If he doesn't tail off, its only a matter of time. Especially if the Habs can stay in the hunt in the first  half of season. 

1 hour ago, DON said:

7-4 loss

Andersson 2g 8 shots

Roy 1a 6 shots

Farrell 1a 2 shots

Kidney 2 shots

Trudeau 1a 3 shots

Dobes 6g 41 shots

Rocket @ Americans recap & highlights: Defensive issues pile up in 7-4 loss - Habs Eyes on the Prize

Does everyone seem to discount Andersson when talk about potential call ups. I think it’s too early to call up guys right now - would want to see  consistency over 15-20 games. But I’d say give Andersson a call up first, and than Roy.

need to move Dvorak when he gets back though!

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

... need to move Dvorak when he gets back though!

With Dach out, the "win now" fans will disagree ... I-M-O ... Toffoli him ... HuGo sets a price and once they receive it trade him ... *** IDEALLY *** he plays well upon his return and sets off a "bidding war".

Edited by GHT120
To emphasize "ideally"

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

With Dach out, the "win now" fans will disagree ... I-M-O ... Toffoli him ... HuGo sets a price and once they receive it trade him ... ideally he plays well upon his return and sets off a "bidding war".

100% agree, although I’m not overly confident of him playing well enough to create a bidding war.

• Like 1