2023-24 Laval Rocket discussion thread

tomh009

5 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

it was a rough game for Kaskisuo, the first goal was weal and after that he was never square to the puck, looked small in his net and he was not challenging the shooter. Second game in a row where the Rocket does not pay well to start the game.

I lost chance to solidify their playoff spot. Lost weekend.

They've done a lot of that lately, lots of later-game comebacks.  Eventually it comes back to bite a team when they fall into that habit.

A chance to solidify playoffs/standing with two games against Rochester and one against the last place team (Utica)

image.png

Great start, even Norlinder played well in the first

turnovers started to show in the second. In one sequence Of five defensive zone turn overs Galipeau had at least three.

The third was not better.

Dobes deserved better.

The Gignac line was dangerous  and PaquetteBisson-Mailloux were good

Let’s hope they do better next games 

• Like 1

3rd loss in a row.

"The Rocket opened up a 2-0 lead and had a 3-1 advantage, but over the final 40 minutes were outshot 29-11. Dobeš made 37 saves in the loss, and it will hurt Laval to not even earn a point in a game where they led after 40 minutes and were tied with under a minute to go. It extends Laval’s losing streak to three games after a run that saw them earn points in 10 straight games."

Rocket vs. Comets highlights: Late goal sinks Laval - Habs Eyes on the Prize

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, DON said:

6-2 win :1banana:

Rochester Americans @ Laval Rocket Friday, February 02, 2024 | TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

Barron 1g2a 4 shots

Trudeau 2a 5 shots

Roy 1g

Andersson 2g

Gignac 3a

Mailloux 0pts roughing, hooking & interference minors

one rumor I heard yesterday on the aftermath of the Monahan trade is that the Habs could offer Gignac a contract and call him him up. He is deserving of that, but I hope they do something else just for the pleasure of riding the bubble team ride of the Rocket into the playoffs... very selfishly

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I think he would need waivers to join the Habs, so I doubt they do that before summer.

He wouldn't need waivers to join the Habs but would need waivers to return to Laval.

An interesting Tweet from Marc-Olivier Beaudoin, contributor to BPM Sports Radio regarding David Reinbacher (Google Translate):

image.png

• Like 1

"A late push ended when Mason Jobst beat Brandon Gignac in a race to a loose puck, and he potted the empty net goal with 47 seconds remaining. Laval outshot Rochester 11-8 in the third period and 33-28 overall, but could only muster one goal on Montreal-born Devon Levi, who got the start. Levi made 32 saves in the win."

Rocket vs. Americans recap & highlights: Laval falls short in final game before All-Star break - Habs Eyes on the Prize

39 minutes ago, DON said:

"A late push ended when Mason Jobst beat Brandon Gignac in a race to a loose puck, and he potted the empty net goal with 47 seconds remaining. Laval outshot Rochester 11-8 in the third period and 33-28 overall, but could only muster one goal on Montreal-born Devon Levi, who got the start. Levi made 32 saves in the win."

Rocket vs. Americans recap & highlights: Laval falls short in final game before All-Star break - Habs Eyes on the Prize

And HuGo STILL signed him?
😉

Laval vs Toronto , tonight at 7PM

https://theahl.com/stats/game-center/1025875

I am curious to see how Kidney does at center, he has not been that visible on the wing (the few games that I've watched).

I also wonder if Mysak can do better with Davidson, and Bourque. That's not a good line... poor kid.

they were kept in the game by Dobes who was great until the middle of the third.

Galipeau and Norlinder are ECHLers at best.

The team misses Gignac's speed and the tenacity of Stephens. I was surprised at ho well the Davidson-Mysak-Bourque line played. Roy made a lot of soft passes and could not receive passes with ease, his shot was Gallagher-level (poor): he may be playing hurt. Laval lost Heineman to injury. Kidney did not have a good game.

After this loss, they are now 7th and last.

5 minutes ago, DON said:

Laval games is televised today on TSN2 at 4:00pm

image.png

I Hope Kaz has a better game in goal. 
I am guessing Mysak will center the 4th line and that Kidney will move to the wing?