Game 14 Bruins at Montreal Sat Nov 11 7pm

Prime Minister Koivu

Will Monahan finish the season as a Canadien?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Nope - traded at some point
    • Yes - signed to an extension
    • Yes - he is on LTIR
    • Yes - no extension

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

No idea.  The team didn't even put out an announcement saying he was injured which isn't normal.

Still didn't see what happened but it's an upper-body injury, still being evaluated so no timetable for how long he might be out for.

I would add that Slafkovsky continued to play well. It is a trend that continues and that should be noted, given how dissapointed some (like me) were last year. This year, he has played well most of the time.

It is also great to see such mobile defensemen. I cannot remember the team having this type of Ds on all the pairs. It makes for a very different type of play.

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would add that Slafkovsky continued to play well. It is a trend that continues and that should be noted, given how dissapointed some (like me) were last year. This year, he has played well most of the time.

It is also great to see such mobile defensemen. I cannot remember the team having this type of Ds on all the pairs. It makes for a very different type of play.

I have tremendous belief in the organization's depth at D. We are going to be a powerhouse at that position in 2-3 years, I believe.

Slaf started strong, anyway, although I didn't notice him much thereafter. I notice that he is being held to a different standard from normal players, in that if he is involved and does something for a couple of shifts, and doesn't hurt the team the rest of the game, that is considered satisfactory.

I think these very low bars are reasonable for a 19-year-old - but on the other hand, I have seen other players (notably Eller and Galy) being held to a similar standard and it doesn't tend to end well. It's OK for now, but at some point he needs to actually start showing potential to be more than a bottom-6 FW.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

You have no idea how many times I have been watching a game and see a Habs player in the O-zone that is deep in the slot or behind the goal line where I can't read their name and can only see 1 of their #'s so I don't immediately recognize who it is.  Every time that has happened when I eventually see their whole # its always been 1 of their d-men.  I've seen every 1 of their young d-men do that numerous times and surprisingly not once have I questioned what they were doing there or seen it cause a defensive liability.  

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

You have no idea how many times I have been watching a game and see a Habs player in the O-zone that is deep in the slot or behind the goal line where I can't read their name and can only see 1 of their #'s so I don't immediately recognize who it is.  Every time that has happened when I eventually see their whole # its always been 1 of their d-men.  I've seen every 1 of their young d-men do that numerous times and surprisingly not once have I questioned what they were doing there or seen it cause a defensive liability.  

And that’s exactly how St-Louis wants them to play; the forwards then need to cover for them.