Game 31 Habs at Winnipeg Mon Dec 18 7:30pm

Prime Minister Koivu

Poll for fun  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If the Habs do trade a goalie to Carolina, who do you hope it is?

• Allen
    • Primeau

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

With LA, absolutely.  Again though we see the Selke Calibre centre in Anze Kopitar though.  So once again the substitute for the superstar, is a guy who can erase the other team's best player.

Vegas has Marc Stone, who is probably the best defensive winger in the NHL and a selke finalist.  Also Eichel to me is just below that level and with 36 points in 32 games so far this season, might just have taken that jump last year in the playoffs after being just short of it on a terrible Buffalo team, and then battling the neck injury.  Hes settling in now and may be that superstar.

Yes. No doubt Eichel has taken a step to elite. The selke caliber forward is a good observation. 

11 hours ago, Commandant said:

With LA, absolutely.  Again though we see the Selke Calibre centre in Anze Kopitar though.  So once again the substitute for the superstar, is a guy who can erase the other team's best player.

Vegas has Marc Stone, who is probably the best defensive winger in the NHL and a selke finalist.  Also Eichel to me is just below that level and with 36 points in 32 games so far this season, might just have taken that jump last year in the playoffs after being just short of it on a terrible Buffalo team, and then battling the neck injury.  Hes settling in now and may be that superstar.

Eichal is pretty close and is better than anyone we have. He had his career derailed my injuries, and well the hell hole that is Buffalo. He was close to a point a game in the playoffs last year, and looks like he will probably be at least PPG going forward.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Eichal is pretty close and is better than anyone we have. He had his career derailed my injuries, and well the hell hole that is Buffalo. He was close to a point a game in the playoffs last year, and looks like he will probably be at least PPG going forward.

He was over a PPG in the playoffs. 26 points in 22 games.  It seems he made the jump to elite at that time (as that's pretty close to 100 point pace... (97 points per 82 games). 

28 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He was over a PPG in the playoffs. 26 points in 22 games.  It seems he made the jump to elite at that time (as that's pretty close to 100 point pace... (97 points per 82 games). 

Thanks. I had the game played and points reversed. I think the MvDavid-Eichal draft is about as close as you can get to Ovechkin-Malkin. I think Eichal can probably top 100 points.

its too bad we never have sucked in a year it paid off to suck.