Game 55, Washington @ Montreal, 7PM EST, Saturday, February 17, 2024

TurdBurglar

Nice, neat stat:  Arber's goal set a record for the Habs hardest shot this season @ 102.2 mph.  Matheson previously had the record @ 100.66  mph.

To put that into perspective:  Cale Makar won the hardest shot at the All Star game with 102.56 mph, and the hardest shot in the NHL this year is Collin Miller @ 102.59.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure their shots were slap shots and Arber's was but a wrist shot.  

9 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Nice, neat stat:  Arber's goal set a record for the Habs hardest shot this season @ 102.2 mph.  Matheson previously had the record @ 100.66  mph.

To put that into perspective:  Cale Makar won the hardest shot at the All Star game with 102.56 mph, and the hardest shot in the NHL this year is Collin Miller @ 102.59.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure their shots were slap shots and Arber's was but a wrist shot.  

I watched the replay, it looked like a slapshot to me. It was a nice drop pass by Roy and Arber stepped into it perfectly. 

17 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I watched the replay, it looked like a slapshot to me. It was a nice drop pass by Roy and Arber stepped into it perfectly. 

It was ... with a long-glide of momentum
Canadiens’ Xhekaj uncorks one-time bomb to beat Capitals’ Kuemper top shelf (sportsnet.ca)

34 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yes, I just watched it again and I was wrong with a wrister but I'd say it was more of a 1 timer.  Either way, I'm sure he can put more mustard on it than he did on that shot.  He can shoot harder than that.  

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It was a slapshot.

It is actually impossible for it to be a 102 MPH wrister.  Literally not possible for a human being to get that velocity on a wrist shot with current stick technology.

39 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yes, I just watched it again and I was wrong with a wrister but I'd say it was more of a 1 timer.  Either way, I'm sure he can put more mustard on it than he did on that shot.  He can shoot harder than that.  

Whats the difference between a 1 timer and a slapshot?  There is no difference other that one is hitting a moving puck and one is a stationary puck.

A onetimer is still a slapshot.  You do it exactly the same except you are timing when the puck is in the right spot.

Serious question... did you ever actually play hockey at a serious level? These theories are just whacky.

On 2/19/2024 at 6:53 PM, Commandant said:

Whats the difference between a 1 timer and a slapshot?  There is no difference other that one is hitting a moving puck and one is a stationary puck.

A onetimer is still a slapshot.  You do it exactly the same except you are timing when the puck is in the right spot.

Serious question... did you ever actually play hockey at a serious level? These theories are just whacky.

Yes, a 1 timer is form of a snapshot, but it isn't teeing right off on it - which can be done with a stationary puck.

No difference eh?

Do you want to know what's whacky?  107.2 FM.  Oh wait, my bad -that's not a radio station, that's MPH; as in Arber's new hardest shot.

https://www.habsfanatics.com/nhl-team/montreal-canadiens/wow-arber-xhekaj-almost-broke-zdeno-chara-record-for-the-hardest-shot

Other shots recorded that were higher:

Weber - 107.9

Chara - 108.8 - the current NHL record.

You should seriously do yourself a favour and stop talking about Arber because so far to date you haven't said a single thing about him that has been remotely correct.  Not bloody once.  Remember, that your 1st comment on him was he's an AHL lifer and that he'd never make the NHL.  

• Like 1