GAME 76 - Montreal vs Toronto - 7 p.m. - April 6, 2021

11 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Defensemen Kaiden Guhle (upper body, day-to-day) and Arber Xhekaj (upper body, further update to come pending evaluation) will not be available to play tonight. Defenseman Justin Barron was recalled from the Laval Rocket (emergency recall).

"Official" source:

Not all that upset that Xhekaj is out (other than natural concern about what the injury might be) ... avoids Reaves chasing hm around all-night trying to start a fight.

I am disappointed Arber is not playing tonight. I don't think Reaves would be chasing him around, he didn't last game. At this point in the season Reaves has much more to lose than Arber by getting in a fight. Easy to get hurt in a fight, Arber would miss the last 6 games of the year, Reaves has playoffs coming up to think about. The Leafs don't want to get pushed around by Florida again. 

Boy, look at Morgan Reilly's numbers. I always liked his game - my kind of defenceman. For a guy in TO, where they pump the tires of every bum who cycles through the lineup, he seems almost underrated.

And that's the only nice thing I'm gonna say for the next 12 hours. F**k off, Leafs. I hope Boston or whoever takes a leaf-blower to you and sweeps you in 4.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I am disappointed Arber is not playing tonight. I don't think Reaves would be chasing him around, he didn't last game. At this point in the season Reaves has much more to lose than Arber by getting in a fight. Easy to get hurt in a fight, Arber would miss the last 6 games of the year, Reaves has playoffs coming up to think about. The Leafs don't want to get pushed around by Florida again. 

To make any difference in terms of the Leaves not getting pushed around, Reaves would have to play so many minutes that he would help the Panthers win without their having to push TO around.

11 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

To make any difference in terms of the Leaves not getting pushed around, Reaves would have to play so many minutes that he would help the Panthers win without their having to push TO around.

And that right there is the reason why goons no longer have a place in the NHL.

Remember the hype around Reaves at the start of the season? 🙄 It seems like WiFi's ragdolling him and his subsequent suckage put an end to that pretty quick

12 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

No question having Reaves on the ice does not help the Leafs win, just making the point that Reaves has nothing to gain by starting crap against the Habs, especially Arber. 

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

And that right there is the reason why goons no longer have a place in the NHL.

Goons are a dying breed, I don't think Rempe will last. That's why a guy like Arber is valuable, a real tough physical presence who can actually play the game. 

43 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Remember the hype around Reaves at the start of the season? 🙄 It seems like WiFi's ragdolling him and his subsequent suckage put an end to that pretty quick

Trust me, the hype is still there.  There's plenty of talk about how he is playing his best hockey in a long time (he had one whole point last month) and how he's a must-play player to start the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Trust me, the hype is still there.  There's plenty of talk about how he is playing his best hockey in a long time (he had one whole point last month) and how he's a must-play player to start the playoffs.

🤣

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Boy, look at Morgan Reilly's numbers. I always liked his game - my kind of defenceman. For a guy in TO, where they pump the tires of every bum who cycles through the lineup, he seems almost underrated.

And that's the only nice thing I'm gonna say for the next 12 hours. F**k off, Leafs. I hope Boston or whoever takes a leaf-blower to you and sweeps you in 4.

Don’t want to take anything away from Reilly because he is a good player. Passing the puck to Mathews, Marner, Nylander sure helps those numbers though. 

Those guys score a lot of goals 

3 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Goons are a dying breed, I don't think Rempe will last. That's why a guy like Arber is valuable, a real tough physical presence who can actually play the game. 

Problem with rempe is he doesn't really win his fights....

1 hour ago, Dalhabs said:

Problem with rempe is he doesn't really win his fights....

That's certainly part of the reason he won't last, Olivier destroyed him. Plus he is a lousy player. He is big and willing, that's about all he has. 

Hmm...did Armia get concussed there?

Leafs have zero answer to the Suzuki line so far. Soooo great to finally have a legitimate first line.

EDIT: good first period from the Habs. They were the better team, but it's too bad they couldn't bag one to show for it.

17 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Hmm...did Armia get concussed there?

He didn't look right, especially when he had to play the puck right after.  I'm surprised he wasn't pulled by the spotter.

4 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He didn't look right, especially when he had to play the puck right after.  I'm surprised he wasn't pulled by the spotter.

It'd be a damned shame for him to end the season on that note. He's been like a man reborn this season.