Game Thread | Carolina Vs. Montreal | 03/16/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see Simpson play, but I am not sure if a game against Carolina would be right for him. He is tough and not that fast and Carolina is very speedy. Play Simpson against the Leafs or Bruins or a similar team to that.

ALL my co-workers r saying that we r going to LOSE badly against the canes... which is a proof that they know NOTHING about hockey :P haha especially when i asked them if they wanted to BET on tomorrow's game (win / lose), they ALL didnt dare to bet with me, so... they r all chicken!!! pffffffffffff :P

IN MY HABS I TRUST!!!

If anybody saw that, my sister (Whos a stupid laufs fan) did it. I would never say that in my life!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No... I didn't at least! hahaha did you beat her up for it? lol no Joking of course!

I would love to see Simpson play, but I am not sure if a game against Carolina would be right for him. He is tough and not that fast and Carolina is very speedy. Play Simpson against the Leafs or Bruins or a similar team to that.

Simpson could play if we add a 7th D ... more importantly what is Aebs mask gonna look like? we know its the Yeti and snow but the Logo?

Wonder if Gerber has pics of babies on his mask?

gerber.jpg

Well we lost the first game against the 'Canes by 2 goals, the second game by 4 goals, and the third game by 6 goals.......let's reverse the pattern and beat THEM by 8!! GHG!! (Please..... no Sundstrom!!!!!)

His have all been pretty stupid though, he really does have a bad temper.

A couple times this year he's cross checked a guy right in the face with about a minute and a half to go in a tie game. They score on the ensuing PP and we lose. That was during his slump though so I'm sure it was just out of frustration with himself.

Well we lost the first game against the 'Canes by 2 goals, the second game by 4 goals, and the third game by 6 goals.......let's reverse the pattern and beat THEM by 8!! GHG!! (Please..... no Sundstrom!!!!!)

That is not good! WOW

We need this win bad. Atlanta is breathing down our necks, Islanders and the leafs are not far behind. I really, really, really want toronto to miss the playoffs. :hockey:

Can you imagine an entire playoff year without leafnation? Ofcourse the media will find a way to talk about the leafs but I won't be forced to watch them.

Go Habs

Yeah I think those last two losses were in that real bad stretch Montreal had, so it shouldn't be that bad this time around. They really need to step it up tonight and play a good game. Gainey better have these guys ready to play

His have all been pretty stupid though, he really does have a bad temper.

A couple times this year he's cross checked a guy right in the face with about a minute and a half to go in a tie game. They score on the ensuing PP and we lose. That was during his slump though so I'm sure it was just out of frustration with himself.

Well atleast he shows some heart. Maybe he's the European Hextall, or Billy Smith?

The habs are going to have a tough time in this one. hopefully they will stay out of penalty trouble and play a well disciplined game.

maybe they can get markov some kinda sweedish massage to fix his back....anyone know a place? lol

Can you imagine an entire playoff year without leafnation? Ofcourse the media will find a way to talk about the leafs but I won't be forced to watch them.

Go Habs

Welcome to the Stanley Cup finals between the Detroit Red Wings and the *cough* *splatter* Montreal Canadiens.

Well, the playoffs have been boring... although it is an obvious indication of the effects of the year off that ratings are higher than they have been since 1993...

We have a great treat to liven up the evening! joining us is guest commentator, the legendary Tie Domi!

So Tie, enough about this game... we heard you shot an eagle on a par 5....

Welcome to the Stanley Cup finals between the Detroit Red Wings and the *cough* *splatter* Montreal Canadiens.

Well, the playoffs have been boring... although it is an obvious indication of the effects of the year off that ratings are higher than they have been since 1993...

We have a great treat to liven up the evening! joining us is guest commentator, the legendary Tie Domi!

LMAO

Good one!

Go, Habs, go!

A good offence is the best defense,

bonne chance Abby.

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Hey guys, I've been a lurker for a long time, but i'm just now registering. sorry.

The problem is, we need to score! I mean Kovalev has 48 points, and he's our leader!!! We need to score more then 1 or 2 goals per game, Kovy and Koivu have to step their game up! So many players have improved their game since BG took over, Ribs, Souray...Now it's time for our goal scorers to be, well, goal scorers. If we do that, we will win this game for sure. You just KNOW, Abby is ready to prove something tonight.

Hey guys, I've been a lurker for a long time, but i'm just now registering. sorry.

The problem is, we need to score! I mean Kovalev has 48 points, and he's our leader!!! We need to score more then 1 or 2 goals per game, Kovy and Koivu have to step their game up! So many players have improved their game since BG took over, Ribs, Souray...Now it's time for our goal scorers to be, well, goal scorers. If we do that, we will win this game for sure. You just KNOW, Abby is ready to prove something tonight.

welcome arcade fire, cool nick.

definitely need better scoring to take this team to the next level, i think that will be improved somewhat just by guys maturing (dont forget AK3 and guillaume coming up)...

It's off topic but this piece of info makes me :)

Habs magic number for a 91 point season (91 has been the qualifier in years past) In 18 games remaining they have to achieve a record of .560.

The Leafs? .695.

We also have an easier schedule - Insert sinister laughter here:_____ :lol:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

welcome aboard arcade fire

I agree with what you said but when you score 1 goal in two games, you need everybody to step up and get going

I'd love to see Ryder coming back to his old self a score a couple

maybe bonk could help us as well

Welcome Arcade!

Bonk has little or no chance to score now. He is used on the 4th line and on the PK. Gainey gave him lots of opportunity, putting Bonk on the second and third lines. The guy is decent at what he is doing now, especially PK.

I wish we had that killer line that some teams do. we don't, we have balanced lines.

Who will step up and score tonight?

BULIS

Welcome Arcade!

Bonk has little or no chance to score now. He is used on the 4th line and on the PK. Gainey gave him lots of opportunity, putting Bonk on the second and third lines. The guy is decent at what he is doing now, especially PK.

I wish we had that killer line that some teams do. we don't, we have balanced lines.

Who will step up and score tonight?

BULIS

It's true, I don't have much faith in Bonk as a scorer. But, he has been doing very well on the PK. Hopefully he will keep it up.

Let's treat the Canes like a sick dog and put them down.

Go Habs Go.

We don't need this one, but I want it real bad.

We REALLY need this game, this is an important one. Toronto and Atl both have chances tonight to get 2 more points.

Tie: I gotta tell you, it was incredible. Really though, there isn't anything like playing horribly all year, collecting a fat ass pay cheque, and not having to play at all during the spring. Oh hey, guys, the games starting.

Johnny Broadcaster: Yeah, we'll get to that in a second. So Tie, what do you think of the Leafs chances next year?

Tie: Well Belfour will be a year older which means one thing: Experience. The man has a plet...plath..ara......a lot of NHL experience which will really help out this hockey team. Also, I hear Ferguson is in talks to bring Francis, Messier, Damphouse, and Dave Andreychuk in next year. With their past prowess, we might as well be handed the cup.

Johnny Broadcaster: Well Tie, thanks for joining us. Oh wow, Kovalev just made an amazing end to end rush to give the Canadiens the go ahead goal....and I can't help but be reminded of how that was almost comparable to any Mats Sundin rush EVER DONE IN THE HISTORY OF HIS CAREER. Bring that cup home Mats!