Game Thread | Pooh Bears Vs. God's Favorite Team | 04/01/06

Spider-Man NL

bruins_logo.jpgvssmall2.gifcanadiens_logo.jpg

boston50.gif28-33-13 : 69 Points (13th in the Eastern Conference)

montreal50.gif37-27-9 : 83 Points (8th in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

1591.gif# 30 Tim Thomas (11-9-7), 2.61 GAAboston50.gif

montreal50.gif# 39 Cristobal Huet (16-8-4), 2.13 GAA 2311.gif

Bruins Roster

Link

Canadiens Roster

Link

LW.jpghabs-w.gifrw.jpg

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Zednik - Ribeiro - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Murray - Plekanec

Begin - Bonk - Downey

d.jpg

Souray - Rivet

Markov - Komisarek

Streit - Dandenault

G.jpg

Cristobal Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 5th, 2005:montreal50.gif2 boston50.gif1

Oct. 18th, 2006:boston50.gif3 montreal50.gif4

Feb. 2nd, 2006:montreal50.gif1 boston50.gif3

Feb. 4th, 2006:boston50.gif0 montreal50.gif2

Mar. 9th, 2006:montreal50.gif3 boston50.gif0

MarkovBos.jpg

HigginsBos.jpg

This game can be seen 7:00pm eastern on:

l_RDS.gif & CenterIce.jpg

cjad_logo_large.gif

Listen to the game live on CJAD 800 AM

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston have looked pretty awful at times but they've pulled out a couple of surprising victories of late (Buffalo comes to mind). Hopefully the Habs don't take these remaining games with the Bruins lightly - both the Caps and Pens showed us just how dangerous eliminated teams can be.

i would like to see a particular streak vs. the Bruins continue... not gonna say what it is, because people will get mad.. :D

Prediction: Habs score more than the Bruins

GO HABS GO!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

:hlogo:

Edited by lazy26

I love playin the bruins! Those rivalries are so great. Let's get it on!

Huge game yet again.

Other big games.

Devils @ Flyers

Sabers @ Leafs

Hurricanes @ Thrashers

Lightning @ Panthers.

With of these teams in action the Habs most likley will need a win to keep pace with the Devils or Lightning. Also Atl could beat the Canes and close the gap.

The Devils game is a 2pm in the afternoon eastern time.

Go HABS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

HIP HIP HUET~!~!~!

My official prediction: Koivu, Higgins, Begin, Souray and Murray. ---- Boyes.

Is the amount of new members due to the screwing up of the Official Habs sites forum break down?

Either way, welcome all.

:hlogo:

hard to say whats going to happend in this game....the bruins have got something to proof against the canadiens and would love to see the habs sliced out of the race so they will play with might...but are mightier begin bonk murray downey simpson should take care of the bruins fowards...as for are scorers..i say The Zed, koivu, kovalev and markov as for the bruins 2 by the berg

habs win habs win! :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

I say we win this by at least two, probably 3. I will refrain from predicting a score, for fear of jinxing something that I'd like to see happen for a certain goaltender.

Going to be a very tough game. Boston will come out hard playing the spoiler roll. Montreal will probably have to weather the earlier storm, and try and outskate and out work them. As always, its a very important two points. The boys need to work hard, and come away with them

i like gainey's answer yesterday when the media asked him if huet is going to be in front of the net, he answered : "je crois que oui..." -- which is "i think he will..." so... kinda *sure* that cristo is going to be in the net?

first of all, i think this question is kinda *stoopid* since i DUNT think that BOB will put AEBI in the NET at this time of this season!!! so... to a stupid quesiton, bob gave a CORRECT answer...

i BELIEVE that MY *CH* -- Chris Higgins -- is going to get his FIRST NHL HAT TRICK TONITE OR TUESDAY!!! he REALLY deserves it since he went through a *few* 2-goals-game lately~ and this could be a good way to increase his intensity and motivation for the rest of the season and playoffs :D

SCORE :

HABS > gummy bear

Edited by bebehabs

Some european's there tonight??

On verra,

we zullen zien. Zware werkweek gehad ;)

"I don't know if I've grown as a hockey player this year, but I've definitely grown as a person."

-Guillaume Latendresse

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...f2-36c5f59eedfe

Go Habs go!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Grabbing the lead early in this game is crucial because it will be easy to deflate Boston's ego with a couple of quick goals. If we let them get out ahead, they'll be much more determined to play the role of spoiler.

I'd like to see us come out with two quick qoals and a fight win, all in the 1st!!!

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Somebody from here needs to write a letter to rds.ca, apparenlty they don't know the rules....The headline now.

"Autre Jeu Blanc pour Huet?"

GEEZ

Anyways, I think we'll see another huge game from Koivu and Higgins, hopefully the 2nd line whoever they may be pick it up a notch.

I'm anxious to see what the lineup changes will bring tonight.

GO SAKU GO

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

HABS CAN ELIMINATE BRUINS TONIGHT!

If the Bruins lose in regulation Saturday night, they would officially be eliminated from playoff contention. They would be left with 69 points, at least 14 fewer than Tampa Bay, New Jersey, and Montreal (all with 83 entering tonight's games), with only seven games to play. They could still finish with 83 points, but only 35 wins (victories are the first tiebreaker). The Bolts, Devils, and Habs all have more than 35 wins - Boston Globe

Got that from TSN's Ice Chips!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Wouldn't it be great to take out the Bostong Bruins for the 3rd time in the past 4 or 5 yeras?

It's fate guys!

Gainey should start with the Begin line 1st tonight.

Let Steve lay someone out in the first shift..........

Knock the Bruins on they're heels right off the bat.......

That first hit behind the washington net last game was amazing...Our boys played strong after that and the Caps were a little shaken up....

BEGIN!BEGIN!BEGIN!BEGIN!