Game Thread | Pooh Bears Vs. God's Favorite Team | 04/01/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me perezhogin was amazing tonight. he helped create both goals and his speed was well showcased tonight.

Yeah great overall game by the Murray-Plekanec-Perezhogin line. Plekanec missed great chances but he was creating many opportunities.

I was disappointed by the Koivu line. I don't see many game on TV, and was expecting a lot from Higgins too.

Huet is freakingly awesome! I know he only played since january, but look at the stats!!! He leads a lot of categories, and he is 2nd in the league with 7 shutouts! That's incredible

Edited by sakiqc

Are you kidding me perezhogin was amazing tonight. he helped create both goals and his speed was well showcased tonight.

ya, the first goal......

I'm talking more from the last bunch of games. I'm not bashing him, everyone is playing great. He just seems so flustered and coughing up pucks, like Zednik. That's all. I just wish he was more controlled.

To me he just seems like a bull in a china shop. He'll get it together. I'm sure of that.

ya, the first goal......

I'm talking more from the last bunch of games. I'm not bashing him, everyone is playing great. He just seems so flustered and coughing up pucks, like Zednik. That's all. I just wish he was more controlled.

To me he just seems like a bull in a china shop. He'll get it together. I'm sure of that.

ok sorry to jump all over you habber.

I am just happy about our 6 game streak, and why nit pick when they are hot. But I agree with what your saying over all not the last 3 or 4 games.

I thought Montreal was a little out of tune tonight. there passing was sloppy I think if they plan on getting into the playoffs they gotta improve. there were to many give-aways. I know Huet is great but I'm not sure he can play every game like this.

Edited by Caesar

The best thing about tonight....

Huet did not play his best game by any means, but the D was there to help out and he still got the shutout.

The top two lines couldn't get anything passed Thomas, so the third line chipped in with two goals from Murray.

That is great signs for this team, when somebody isn't on their game the rest of the team needs to pick them up and that's what happened tonight great to see, great to get the win and great for HUET to get another Shutout.

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

I missed the game, I went to the Bulldogs game in Hamilton. Unbelieveably, they updated the Leafs score at one point and never made a mention of how the Habs were doing. Unbelieveable!!!

Anyways, nice to see they won again. Big two points. Way to go Habbers.

I missed the game, I went to the Bulldogs game in Hamilton. Unbelieveably, they updated the Leafs score at one point and never made a mention of how the Habs were doing. Unbelieveable!!!

Anyways, nice to see they won again. Big two points. Way to go Habbers.

Did Chipchura play tonight? and If so how'd he look?

Yeah he played. He looked ok. Skating definitly needs work. Plays a physical style and seems to handle the puck really well. Didn't have a whole lot of offensive opportunities, but he was basically playing a third line role. Mostly with Milroy and a revolving left winger. He definitly didn't stand out, but didn't look bad either. But I guess he's only been with the team for a week or so, so it'll take time.

Kostitsyn and Locke looked pretty good together, and whats interesting is that on 4-4 play Kostitsyn was playing defense. Also played the point on the powerplay and with a few minutes left in the 3rd, he was playing defense again...but that may have been after a 4-4 situation expired.

Nobody else really stood out, except for Danis. He was spectacular again. Lapierre looks like shit ( oops I mean poo) disturber, Ivanans sucks and was kicked out of the game early with a match penalty, raking the eyes of guy it looked like.

Exactly..............Trust Gainey......

I know give it time, but geez Perezhogin really bums me out. I'm sure the best is still to come.....

He assisted on the GWG!!! And he wasn't on the ice for any goals against ;) What more do you want?

Incroyable,

"I’m running out of words to describe what Cristobal has been doing lately”

-Craig Rivet

Incroyable,

32 GP, 17W, .933 Sv%, 2.06 GAA & 7SO

"Right now he seems so stable and consistent. Tonight he probably made eight, 10, 11, 12 difficult saves, but it's hard to pick them out because he's in position, he's in position early and he's making the stops."

-Bob Gainey

Incroyable,

incroyable mais vrai, Cristobal Huet!

:hlogo:

I say we win this by at least two, probably 3. I will refrain from predicting a score, for fear of jinxing something that I'd like to see happen for a certain goaltender.

Jeez, I love it when I'm right! :king:

Huet blanks the Bruins again, and Garth Murray wins a fight AND scores twice :D

GO :hlogo: GO!!!

Yes a Win and Im going to bed happy for it

But I can't feel worried about these bad first periods where we cant get the open nets! nor score on 5 on 3 we need to work on that1 Confidence we need still more confidence!

Nighty all

Yes a Win and Im going to bed happy for it

But I can't feel worried about these bad first periods where we cant get the open nets! nor score on 5 on 3 we need to work on that1 Confidence we need still more confidence!

Nighty all

Well although the Habs can not score 5 on 3, they can score even strength. In the playoffs for some reason I do not think there will be as many 5 on 3's. The refs will let a little more go and teams will become more disciplined then ever.

Maybe there won't be as many 5-3's, but they better damn well learn to score on 5-4's. Powerplays are going to be very important in the playoffs. They absolutley need better performances on the powerplay.

He assisted on the GWG!!! And he wasn't on the ice for any goals against ;) What more do you want?

I guess your right. I just want him to be more dominating in a visual way like that rookie on the Avs, or Ovechkin. I feel that he has it in him........thats all.

You are right though, he was far better then I gave him credit for last night.

What's the deal with Zednik lately? Looks a step behind the play, and I hate the way he "stickhandles" if you can call it that; 1 hand on the stick looks like he's playing shuffleboard. Maybe this is why he hasn't produced lately? Getting stripped of the puck so easily with 1 hand on the stick.

Note to the training staff; go out a get some duct tape, and tape his left hand to the stick! Or hot glue it, hell NAIL it to the stick.

Great game from the boys last nite...We could of scoed alot more goals, But is was one of those nites where the puck did not want to find its way to the back of the net....Thats ok along as we won and got the two points, and the same time saved some of those goals for the next game on Tuesday against the Baby Bears..

As for Huet... What can we say ? He is the MAN...Did not have a great game with the puck loose in front of him at times, But finds a way to help the team with a big win....

We must keep winning! As for the teams behind us are also finding ways to win....If we lose lets hope its in OT.One point means one point closer to our goal...... :hlogo: