Game Thread | Tiny Tim Vs. Mr. Shutout | 04//04/06

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tim thomas said sumthing like (about huet) :

"he's doing nothing special.. he just stops the puck"

like... the way he said it.. it sounded like *huet is not a phenomen...* like... is he jealous? hehe like thomas made HUGE saves but the bruins STILL lost the game... and they r UNABLE to score against huet...

Although Bulis will take his spot in the line-up Murray will take his spot on the second line with Kovy and Ribs (team 990, Pat Hickey)

You think Murray was happy to be playing a regular shift and flying all over the ice last Saturday?.....wait 'til tomorrow!....he knows that these kinds of opportunities won't come along that often in his pro career.....and he needs to make the best of it!!

You think Murray was happy to be playing a regular shift and flying all over the ice last Saturday?.....wait 'til tomorrow!....he knows that these kinds of opportunities won't come along that often in his pro career.....and he needs to make the best of it!!

I agree, I'm expecting a great game from him, the beauty of a guy like Murray is that even at his young age he knows his role. He knows that on a line with Ribs and Kovy he's going to have to get dirty in the corner create some space for them get to the front of the net and get back on Defence.

He knows what he has to do and He will go out there and make the best of it.

I can't see Aebischer playing this week, HUET has been the MAN and will continue to shine.

GO HUET GO

GO HABS GO

If tomorrow does not turn out as you have so boldly predicted...may God have mercy on your soul! I gonna lynch me a Puck7x! :D

Oh, I wasnt predicting a shutout. (I may have said "SHUTOUT SHUTOUT SHUTOUT" but that was not a prediction, it was just a cheer for Huet).

I think we have a good chance of winning tonight, and thats all that matters. 1-0 or 7-6 , its the wins that count... Huet will tell you the same thing.

So with Zednik out, Bulis in, and Murray on the 2nd the lines become this?

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Murray - Ribiero - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Bulis - Plekanec

Begin - Bonk - Downey

That's pretty balanced. Murray isn't second line calibre, but he might be what Ribiero and Kovalev need.

gainey said that he wanted to add some energy on his second line (ribs/kovy) and since murray got the speed and energy and that he played a great game last saturday, that's why gainey is trying this line~

i just want thomas to give LOTS of goals to us tonite hehe

HAVE A NICE DAY ALL!!! gotta go to work :(

All who said that Gainey should be fired for the Hossa for Murray deal please stand forth and make that claim now! :P

Yes, I bashed the trade at the time, but I didnt bash Bob and I did say that I would be extremely happy to be proved wrong and I am. :D:hockey: :hlogo: :hockey:

Brian Leetch and right wing Glen Murray practiced with the Bruins in Montreal on Monday, and they expect to be back in the lineup Tuesday night after missing Saturday's game. Leetch sat out because he was struck in the head by the stick of Sabres forward Daniel Briere last Wednesday, and Murray was sidelined because of his third bout with the flu. Leetch skated for the second straight day and said he is symptom-free after having a headache and nausea. Boston Globe

“Shutting out the Bruins three times in a row may be a lot, but that isn’t what is most important to me. The bottom line is that we win as team and we lose as a team. That’s all that really matters.”

-Cristobal Huet

c'mon Habs - let's win this thing - create some distance from 9th spot and go for 6th!!!

GO HABS GO!!!

As long as Huet manages to make 15 saves tonight - he'll pass Theodore in that category in 5 less games.

Rivet is questionable for this evening.

Sports Net.

He will be a game time decision.

Well, if he needed to sit one out, this game would be best. Better to have him healthy and ready for those games against Jersey!

Well, if he needed to sit one out, this game would be best. Better to have him healthy and ready for those games against Jersey!

Yeah give the guy a rest and make sure he's healthy. Habbers can win one without him.

So it turns out my dream line was only a dream after all. Bulis will play with Perezhogin and Plekanec. Talk about a fast line. I'm happy to see Murray up there because none of Perezhogin, Ribeiro and Kovalev play their best every game so he may balance that out - especially when he's hot.

:hlogo:

let me say that i hope i'm wrong about this, but i just don't see the Murray on the 2nd line as a good idea. I fear he'll look lost out there with Kov and Ribs.

The one thing that agitates me about Bob is how often he "tweaks" the line when things seem to be sailing smoothly. Now, with that said, what can do you do with Zed when he's not performing. I guess you let him continue to try to play through or you send to the press box.

Like i said I hope I'm wrong and Murray pots 5.

Thanks for the vent.

So with Zednik out, Bulis in, and Murray on the 2nd the lines become this?

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Murray - Ribiero - Kovalev

Perezhogin - Bulis - Plekanec

Begin - Bonk - Downey

That's pretty balanced. Murray isn't second line calibre, but he might be what Ribiero and Kovalev need.

Murray is a new player that I don't think any of us know that well.....It would only take about 3 or 4 stellar games and all of us would be calling him MVP and wanting him on the first line.

He just may be another hidden gem that is about to become a millionaire. Wishful thinking?

Maby not.

Go Hossa Go!!!!!!!!! whoops.....I mean Murray........

let me say that i hope i'm wrong about this, but i just don't see the Murray on the 2nd line as a good idea. I fear he'll look lost out there with Kov and Ribs.

The one thing that agitates me about Bob is how often he "tweaks" the line when things seem to be sailing smoothly. Now, with that said, what can do you do with Zed when he's not performing. I guess you let him continue to try to play through or you send to the press box.

Like i said I hope I'm wrong and Murray pots 5.

Thanks for the vent.

Sorry, I think it's Higgins night for five! :D