Aebischer To Start Thursday

JMMR

Sports Net

Well I guess he has to have a good game sometime.

I think it is smart to start him on the road.

You win BE BE.

About time he gets a win. Where better to start? Hey, with me calling home how can we miss?

About time he gets a win. Where better to start? Hey, with me calling home how can we miss?

he did beat Pittsburgh....

I guess he meant a respectable win. :D

"The Senators shutout the Canadiens the last time the two teams met. After the game, Sens netminder Dominik Hasek said he wasn't sure if he was going to take a shower because he didn't break a sweat. He also said it was the easiest shutout of his career."

More reason to hate Hasek and the Sens!!!! I almost hope he's back for the playoffs so we can send him off to the greens.

Sports Net

Well I guess he has to have a good game sometime.

I think it is smart to start him on the road.

You win BE BE.

ummm?? what r u talking about? :rolleyes:

hahaha~ well, personally, i think THE MOST important game is going to be this saturday against the devils~ a REAL 4 points game~ plus, maybe gainey dunt wanna put huet in the net coz MAYBE we'll play against the sens in the playoffs and he wants to keep the *HUET-PHENOMEN* as a secret to the sens~

WHAT IF AEBI STOP THE SENS HUH? HUH??? gotta give him a chance ;)

--

HEY!!! it's my 1000th post on the board! please cheer :P

Edited by bebehabs

There is a limit to haw many goals I allow a goalie to let in and still get a win. The team beat Pittsburg, not the goalie.

Cheer Cheer for Bebehabs.

On to the topic at hand. Abeischer is gonna stink it up on Thursday. Before I was worried about our streak being snapped because of the quality of the opposiiton in the Senators. Now I'm sure we're going down because of bad goaltending. I hope I'm wrong.

"The Senators shutout the Canadiens the last time the two teams met. After the game, Sens netminder Dominik Hasek said he wasn't sure if he was going to take a shower because he didn't break a sweat. He also said it was the easiest shutout of his career."

More reason to hate Hasek and the Sens!!!! I almost hope he's back for the playoffs so we can send him off to the greens.

i hate hasek

INTERESTING STAT: since hasek said that, montreal has a 17-9 record, while the sens are 16-10.

Edited by les_glorieux

lmao, I remember that quote. That was hilarious. You guys don't like it and understandibly so but I laughed everytime I saw it. I guess it helps I REALLY, REALLY like the Senators too.

Good news for me :)

I'm an Aebischer fan unlike most people here :P

I'm in the minority with ya Tony, :D

gainey said that next week is going to be another busy week (5 games in 7 days again) and this little *rest* for huet will be benifit to him

so my interpretation goes this way :

we go with aebi thursday [-- it doesnt matter if we lose that game coz people expect us to lose anyway, so if we lose, it's gonna be *normal*, but if we win, then it's gonna be a bonus for us -- ] and by giving a lil rest to huet, even if we lose against the sens, we could catch up with 6 other win after that (coz huet will be in shape)...

anyhow : TRUST GAINEY!!! :)

I trust Gainey,

But i hope that if Aebischer plays well, we don't end up with a Aebischer should start BLAH BLAH BLAH nonsense.

NAH!!!!! huet will make it to the playoffs and we will win or die with huet in the net~

what i hope is that huet will stay HEALTHY!!!!!

Gainey said : "No one knows what's gonna happen next (win or lose), but every player should have a chance to play, especially for a goalie coz it's hard to stay out of the action for too long"

so DUNT WORRY HUET's FANS : UR GOALIE IS THE MAN OF THE SITUATION!!! he just need a lil day off... we ALL need it sometime right??? :P

if there is any game from now on that we can "afford to lose" its a away game agains the best team in the east. Having a really fresh huet for the rest of the games is worth more than extending a streak. Plus, he's got to start at some point now or else he will die when the playoffs begin

Cheer Cheer for Bebehabs.

On to the topic at hand. Abeischer is gonna stink it up on Thursday. Before I was worried about our streak being snapped because of the quality of the opposiiton in the Senators. Now I'm sure we're going down because of bad goaltending. I hope I'm wrong.

There you go! Keep the spirit alive! Wish there was more guys like you on this forum.

Abby is going to get a shut-out on Thursday, and when he does, right after the game you, you must post "MY FOOT IS IN MY MOUTH" I will do the same if he doesn't.....

You up for the challenge Purple?

NAH!!!!! huet will make it to the playoffs and we will win or die with huet in the net~

what i hope is that huet will stay HEALTHY!!!!!

Gainey said : "No one knows what's gonna happen next (win or lose), but every player should have a chance to play, especially for a goalie coz it's hard to stay out of the action for too long"

so DUNT WORRY HUET's FANS : UR GOALIE IS THE MAN OF THE SITUATION!!! he just need a lil day off... we ALL need it sometime right??? :P

Who is really worried......All I 've been worrying about lately is if he's going to get another shout-out. My prediction is Abby shuts out the Sens and goes on a run then Huet comes back with the same thing......We will shut out 4 more teams before the end of the season and then sweep the Sens 1st round and they will only score one goal, it will be in the last game.

Personally, I don't have much confidence in Aebischer. One thing I will say though is that Gainey is an absolute genius to give him the chance to prove himself against the 2nd best team in the league. Maybe Aebischer will respond to the challenge. I guess we'll see.

Personally, I don't have much confidence in Aebischer. One thing I will say though is that Gainey is an absolute genius to give him the chance to prove himself against the 2nd best team in the league. Maybe Aebischer will respond to the challenge. I guess we'll see.

well whatever happens...we know who to blame for breaking are winning streak :P

Another Aebi fan here!! For a couple off years now, i know what hes capable off. The first games didnt mean a thing. He's much better than we have seen. I hope it all comes out soon (maybe against the#@(@ Sens!!

GO AEBI GO!!!

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Smart maneuver. I think the New Jersey game is the important one, and Huet should be rested for it. Aebischer is pretty much being thrown to the wolves here, but who knows? He's won games before, he isn't as bad a goalie as he's been lately, and he may break out and show everyone why he isn't a backup.

Just to be safe though, the Habs could always just score 10.

In my 'dreams', I see him and some other player(s)/prospect(s)/draft pick(s) going to Florida for Luongo. He'll be able to be an undisputed #1 there.

If Gainey decides to have him stay then good for him and, so far as I'm concerned, good for us too. He's better than we've seen so far.

:king: :hlogo: :king: