Rumor: Zherdev To Montreal

habsrock_6

according to hockeytraderumors.com, nikolei zherdev is about to be traded to the habs for sheldon souray and alex perezhogin. source:

http://www.hockeytraderumors.com/modules.p...le&sid=6750

I think this would be a geat trade for montreal, because they could get a huge franchise player in zherdev with unbelievable skills, and although they lose a huge player on the blueline, the habs would save cap space to fill in that hole.

Zherdev - UFA/Trade - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Kost - Pleks - Zednik

Downy- Bonk- Begin

Markov - Komi

UFA - Rivet

Boullion- Dandy

Huet

Danis

that would be an amazing team, dont forget i left out abby and ribeiro to be traded. i sure hope bob pulls this trade off, wat do u guys think?

Forget the blueline, Perezhogin could be a potential two-way player for Montreal for seasons to come. He and Higgins played a lot of time on the penalty kill together last season. And since you don't have a first line center penciled in your line-up, it's really depenedent on who you want to sign, and how realistic that suggestion is. I wouldn't make that deal for both Perezhogin and Souray.

Habs can't afford to lose a top 4 d-man just to gain a some offense. Although Zherdev's a special offensive talent, overall he doesn't have that much over Perezhogin who has a little more character and is more defensively responsible.

Maybe if C-Bus throws in Fedorov... ;)

I think you are confusing Perezhogin for Plekanec. I don't recall Perezhogin have any penalty kill time...he did get some powerplay time. Plekanec played a lot of pk with Higgins and is much better defensively. Perezhogin is expendable IMO with Kostitsyn ready.

Lets do it.

All Zherdev needs is a few thousand habs fans chanting his name to keep him in check.

Netting 50 odd points for CBJ is a whole lot bet than what Perez did this year. I know ice time is a factor, but I don't think we can pass up on pure talent like this guy possesses. I will miss Sheldon's shot but you have to pay to play.

Zherdev=Kovalev , I don't think montreal really needs another kovalev in the team that plays when he wants to ok he has a lot of talent and besides that?

And

Perezhogin=Afrinagenov, so In the end give the kid some time it was his first year, don't jump down his throat and say rumors already. Afrinagenov sucked also when he first started out, Perezhogin just needs to find his place in the habs and it should be soon. Hes a dynamic winger.

And then your also giving up Montreals Top defensmen theres no way we can afford that unless Gainey goes after a guy like chara or jovo (wich i don't see happenin)

This rumor is prob just thrown out there so no thanks don't want another lazy russian lol.

If my post implied Perez was anything but great, my mistake. I would hate to see him leave. I wish we could keep him. I also know that it is a bit of a gamble. Zherdev could grab big money and sit around. But aren't we all glad we gambled with Kovalev. Zherdev is a 21 year kid who can tear the roof off.

Afinogenov isn't that great a player...yes, he is flashy and creates chances, but he can't finish.

If I was to choose between another Kovalev and another Afinogenov...then my choice is easy. Kovalev.

Don't use the argument that Perezhogin is only a rookie. He is actually older than Zherdev who has already established himself as one of the top 5 stickhandlers in the league and probably the second flashiest and most dynamic player in the game. A line with Arnott and Kovalev may be the best in the league (when it decides to play, of course).

Pretty much, we upgrade a talented young offensive one-way Russian forward with a better one and the price for th eupgrade is a top 4 one-way offensive defenceman with a salary we may want to dump. It may give us enough cap room to pick up Arnott and a d-man to replace Souray. If we canèt find one then we'd have to re-sign Bouillon.

It's a silly rumour that hasn't been backed up by any proof.

Sure, for Montreal it would make sense, but why would Columbus want to downgrade a player like Zherdev? In no time he'll be notching 30+ goals a season alongside Nash.

The source on HTR (which itself is unreliable) is "TSN broadcasting". Right...

If it happened it would be quite the deal for Montreal. Zherdev is a gamebreaker. Perezhogin is good, but not great. Souray could be replaced with a UFA.

This one is pretty funny. Zherdev has world class talent. He's arguably the best stickhandler in the NHL and a future superstar. Don't let his 54 point season fool you, he'll go scoring 40 goals a year soon enough. After the Olympic break, he averaged just under a point per game.

As a Habs fan, I would be ecstatic if this deal were done. As I Jackets fan, I would be outraged. Since the Habs come first, I suppose I would end up happy. Then again, it would mean I don't get to see Nik play 3-4 times a week.

But like I said, this deal is outrageous. Doug MacLean is not the type of GM to trade a young superstar like Zherdev. He loves developing his own talent and Zherdev is just that, a player drafted by MacLead and for MacLean.

I could live with the trade providing the loss of Souray is addressed.

In other Habs news and signings:

:mellow:

yawn

What do you expect? There is only one more player they have to get signed before tomorrow. They're working on him and finalizing their UFA strategy. They are not focused on the RFA guys at this point.

I could live with the trade providing the loss of Souray is addressed.

In other Habs news and signings:

h21.jpg

:mellow:

yawn

Atleast you've signed your guys. I'm still waiting for Blake and Skrastins to sign a new deal, starting to get ancy.

It is one of the most anoying times of the year.

It's like watching this:

hourglass_sandtimer_960C.jpg

Or watching water boil or a plant growing

Sorry boys but, for a Canadian boy bred on speed and contact....... it's like watching soccer!

Another note about Zherdev. Before Fedorov arrived, I will agree with you people that he was a one-dimensional player who only played when he felt like it. He didn't skate worth a crap in his own end. This is one reason they went out and got Fedorov specifically. He's a fellow Russian who is a great two-way player. After Fedorov came, it was obvious that Zherdev learned a lot from him. His level of effort became much more consistent and he even began back-checking. His overall game improved a lot this last season.

Perezhogin hitting? Being a spark? Playing on the PK?

I don't recall him ever playing on the PK, but I do remember him skating hard at times and laying down good hits. He layed out a few Canes in the playoff series, about the only Habs action I saw this season. Also, he's the one who possibly ended Keith Primeau's career with a big hit. I think he could end up being a fine two-way player if he puts his mind to it. He's got offensive talent, but has shown no offensive consistency.

It is one of the most anoying times of the year.

It's like watching this:

hourglass_sandtimer_960C.jpg

Or watching water boil or a plant growing

The section of June after the Finals suck for the most part. For a couple weeks you have the draft and speculation on trades and moving up or whatever. But after that is absolutely dull. Atleast UFA opens up tomorrow.

Another note about Zherdev. Before Fedorov arrived, I will agree with you people that he was a one-dimensional player who only played when he felt like it. He didn't skate worth a crap in his own end. This is one reason they went out and got Fedorov specifically. He's a fellow Russian who is a great two-way player. After Fedorov came, it was obvious that Zherdev learned a lot from him. His level of effort became much more consistent and he even began back-checking. His overall game improved a lot this last season.

I don't recall him ever playing on the PK, but I do remember him skating hard at times and laying down good hits. He layed out a few Canes in the playoff series, about the only Habs action I saw this season. Also, he's the one who possibly ended Keith Primeau's career with a big hit. I think he could end up being a fine two-way player if he puts his mind to it. He's got offensive talent, but has shown no offensive consistency.

HAHAHA. You're joking, right?

Zhogs accidently backed into him... Certainly not my definition of a big hit...