Ryder Opts For Arbitration

Trizzak

I hope he doesn't get more than 2-2.5 million

He led the team in goals last year but he pretty much dissapeared during the second half (thank god for powerplays)

Just one question. When did 30 goals become a big deal? 40 ok, 50 now thats worth talking about, especially in the new NHL. But 30 from a first line goal scorer is expected, not something to celebrate. Just my opinion. I am a Ryder fan, love his desire, but honestly, he is not a 1st line winger. He should sign for 2.2 and be relegated back to 2nd line were he belongs.

Yeah definitely.

2M area is fair value for Ryder..

I do not know what he will get by going through arbitration but I will not be surprised at his salary being over 2 million after looking at what other players are signing for. The owners appear to be going back to being unable to control themselves and the salaries are going up and up. :angry:

i hope he gets no more then 2.5 but with some of the money other players have got ,it could go higher. I like to see want they are going to sign Ribs for.

Personally, I really like Ryder. However, I know enough not to get attached to him. I'm sure its just a matter of time before we all hate him. :P

That would be just brilliant, getting rid of our only 30 goal scorer when offense is our biggest weakness.

Sometimes I just don't get where people get their ideas from?? Do you even think before posting???

Why do you think he's hard to negotiate with? Take a wild guess who his favourite team is. :angry2:

Ryder is the Habs top scoring guy, but he isnt going to be around for long, and I'm sure Bob is well aware of this. Ryder might score 30 goals/season, but he is totally 1 dimensional. Ryder in a nutshell is nothing but a really good wrist shot. However, because he is a high scoring guy, arbitration will probably award him a lot more than he is worth, by comparing him to other 30 goals scores, who can also do other things. Ryders value isnt really that high considering all he can do is score. The Habs wont pay him crazy $ to only score goals.

Personally, I really like Ryder. However, I know enough not to get attached to him. I'm sure its just a matter of time before we all hate him. :P

Why do you think he's hard to negotiate with? Take a wild guess who his favourite team is. :angry2:

Ryder is the Habs top scoring guy, but he isnt going to be around for long, and I'm sure Bob is well aware of this. Ryder might score 30 goals/season, but he is totally 1 dimensional. Ryder in a nutshell is nothing but a really good wrist shot. However, because he is a high scoring guy, arbitration will probably award him a lot more than he is worth, by comparing him to other 30 goals scores, who can also do other things. Ryders value isnt really that high considering all he can do is score. The Habs wont pay him crazy $ to only score goals.

ST. JOHNNER'S SEEMS TO HAVE HAD THAT EFFECT ON THEM ISLANDERS. :angry:

I'm starting to think of him as a P*$$y :angry:

Just one question. When did 30 goals become a big deal? 40 ok, 50 now thats worth talking about, especially in the new NHL. But 30 from a first line goal scorer is expected, not something to celebrate. Just my opinion. I am a Ryder fan, love his desire, but honestly, he is not a 1st line winger. He should sign for 2.2 and be relegated back to 2nd line were he belongs.

For the last few years 30 plus goals was a much bigger deal than it should have been thanks to the lack of scoring. In the past you were considered just a decent solid forward if you were a 25-35 goal scorer.

Superstars were the 40 plus guys.

Hopefully the new offensive oriented NHL will make the 30 goal scorer more common and less of a star than it has been the last few years under the clutch & grab system?

Well the habs seem to want a bunch of guys that can score 30 goals a game. This is a better then having one guy score 50 and the rest of the team doesn't get anywhere near 20.

So I'd rather have a team that has 6 guys scoring 30 goals and 20 assists then one guy that scores a ton but the rest of the team lags.