Nonis Is In Deep! Gonna Have To Hire The Rest Of The Squad At Minimum Rate!

CoRvInA

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one player under a million and still they miss rightwinger for both of their first and second lines. Anson Carter had great chemistry with the Sedins.

Vancouver has to find to cheap sollutions.

Wait you guys, we need to wait and hear how Nonis is a god and will find a way to make a Stanley Cup contender!

:rolleyes:

Canucks are screwed this season as is my team.

Guys, quiet down. Captain Stealth could be anywhere. :o He will come and explain to us why Nonis is a genius. Obviously we're all missing something that he isn't. :blink:

And yes the Canucks are screwed. The biggest mistake was firing Burke. He managed to take a team nowhere near as good as the Canucks to the 3rd round, while Nonis's team missed the playoffs.

Guys, quiet down. Captain Stealth could be anywhere. :o He will come and explain to us why Nonis is a genius. Obviously we're all missing something that he isn't. :blink:

And yes the Canucks are screwed. The biggest mistake was firing Burke. He managed to take a team nowhere near as good as the Canucks to the 3rd round, while Nonis's team missed the playoffs.

Yep, the Canucks playoff problems were not Burke's fault. It was the fact he put together a bunch of talented, underachieving gutless cowards.

I think Nonis already knew about this.

Won't be surprised if Noronen gets traded now. Luongo plays so many games a season having Noronen as a back up would be a waste.

Burke would never have allowed the canucks to be this tied up with salary and nothing to show for it. The Luongo deal will be a big mistake. The team has lost its chemistry and will take nothing short of a miracle to fix it. Alain has his hands full I'd say next season as head coach. The west will be tough as usual in the regular season.

Edited by Chips

I quickly check and see this lol. I'm in a rush and will update you tomorrow, but I will tell you we're fine.... :P B)

I quickly check and see this lol. I'm in a rush and will update you tomorrow, but I will tell you we're fine.... :P B)

LIES! ALL LIES!

He obviously needs a day to figure out a way to make the 'Nucks look like their in good shape.

Rome wasn't built in a day mahn!

Well, at least Luongo's got Naslund and, erm, snow now... right?

LIES! ALL LIES!

He obviously needs a day to figure out a way to make the 'Nucks look like their in good shape.

Rome wasn't built in a day mahn!

Well, at least Luongo's got Naslund and, erm, snow now... right?

You know what though? It's true.

If he manages to defend this then Captain Crunch is indeed a homer. Any fan should be able to admit when they're screwed (like I'm slowly doing, next season will be rough).

Minnesota will take the NW division.

Just one player under a million and still they miss rightwinger for both of their first and second lines. Anson Carter had great chemistry with the Sedins.

Vancouver has to find to cheap sollutions.

Last season, while playing with linemate Anson Carter, Daniel and Henrik Sedin had their most offensive seasons. Chemistry indeed.

Carter is reportedly asking for $3 million over 3 seasons; Nonis is offering $2 million over 2.

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/spo...06-af82a51a65bd

'Nucks fans'll have to do without Mr. Modified Helmet.

Last years squad was Burke's team. Nonis gave them one last shot and they messed up. So Nonis begins building his version and therefore a new era.

He first rids the team of Crawford which was a smart move and brings in the perfect coach for this team in Vigneault. After that he moves a guy who really needed a change in scenery in Bertuzzi and lands u one of the best keepers in Luongo. You guys can say what you want but he's worth it.

He has rid the team of Bertuzzi, Ruutu, Park, Jovanovski, Allen, Baumgartner, Auld and Cloutier and brought in Luongo, Krajicek, Mitchell, Chouinard and Pyatt and he is far from done.

Vigneault demands he best of his players and rolls four lines. Crawford just hasn't got a clue how to do that anymore and sucks at getting the team to hold leads. This is he type of coach we needed.

As for RW'ers, Matt Cooke will fill a spot most likely. For all you Morrison bashers, when Bertuzzi was suspended in 03-04, Morrison stepped up. He is a better player when Bert in't around. The line of Naslund, Morrison, and Cooke was excellent. Unfortunately last season all three had s injury filled season.

Nonis and Tambellini know what they're doing and are confident they'll ice a competitive squad. They're looking for comeback players and one could be Owen Nolan.

As for our team right now, I'm not worried really. League minimum guys? We have rookies coming up making around that amount. Our guys from Manitoba have been excellent and now playing Vigneualt up here, things shouldn't change. Brandon Reid is one guy to look out for. He could follow the steps of Andy MacDonald and there is Tommi Santala who Nonis thinks could be a solid addition to our bottom 6. He adds Chouinard and Pyatt. Pyatt could possibly surprise but I'm not holding my breath.

Naslund-Morrison-Cooke

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-

Pyatt-Chouinard-Kesler

Burrows-Santala-Linden

Ohlund-Bieksa

Mitchell-Krajicek

Salo-Bourdon

Luongo

Noronen

That's with guys like Jesse Schultz, Jason King, Rick Rypien, Mike Brown, Jozef Balej, and Nathan McIver ll looking to make the jump in training camp. Outside shots are Mason Raymond and Michael Grabner but my darkhorse is Jannik Hansen. I don't even have Brandon Reid in there.

Nonis is giving up on Carter which I feel doesn't really matter. His backups are Nolan and Sykora though I doubt the latter. On defence it's Hill who has stated he wants to come here and Danny Markov but here too I doubt the latter.

On that salary commitment sheet at TSN, it has Linden at 1.52 I believe and his option hasn't been picked up. It'll be for half that. Anyways I think that gives you enough info, but if you got questions, just ask. ;)

Also I didn't need time to think about this, I actually had to go and had no access to the computer last night lmao. I'm a homer but I know what I'm talking about...... we're taking risks and I don't mind it. Like I said, Nonis is not done and he and Tambs know what they're doing.

I should also mention that Carter needs the Sedins, not the other way around. The Sedins have gotten betetr every single season and I don't expect anything different. Carter is after money and I could care less if he doesn't come back.

How is Willie Mitchel worth 3.500.000 dollars?

He took a paycut to come here. Dallas and Minnesota were offering 4 mill+..... that's his price. He is an excellent defensive d-man. I've seen him a lot and he's done a great job against Bertuzzi and Naslund. Eats a lot of minutes, shuts down star players and very consistent.

Burke was a good GM and I miss him, but there were reasons they let him go and one was they were afraid to lode Nonis to another team.

Burke absolutely sucks at drafting players and he lost us Umberger...... when he went to Anaheim he uses Murray a lot as he brought in all the young guys. He wouldn't look so great without all that youth Muraay brought in..... especially the luck he got to land Bobby Ryan. Nonis in the past 3 drafts has REALLY turned the emphasis on youth and drafting around. He has shown that he will do what it takes to improve the team and make it competitive. So far he has done quite well. Burke was just too stubborn. The only time where he actually did something in his tenure besides the Sedin draft was the 03-04 deadline when he got Rucinsky and Sanderson. 02-03... all he added was Brad May..........

Burke would never have allowed the canucks to be this tied up with salary and nothing to show for it. The Luongo deal will be a big mistake. The team has lost its chemistry and will take nothing short of a miracle to fix it. Alain has his hands full I'd say next season as head coach. The west will be tough as usual in the regular season.

The Luongo deal wasn't a mistake. Nonis put his stamp on the team. We're starting with a whole new approach. That team had had it and I'm sure Burke could have stayed away from the cap with Naslund, Morrison, Jovo, Bert, Ohlund, Cloutier and brought the players necessary to make the team well rounded. :rolleyes: Your looking at a few names gone most likely....

Nonis is giving the team depth and so far I like our team MUCH better than last season. We're going to see a few of our young guys come up and Vigneault knows what all of them can do from his past season which is another advantage to having him coach this squad. A younger squad that works hard and plays as a team. Last year Crawford couldn't get them do anything. Like I mentioned way above, Alain is perfect for this team.

IMO. Nonis is a practical GM who has made tremendous rookie mistakes. Loading the Canucks to make the playoffs in 06, losing picks and having that baggage to begin the UFA season was not a good start. He has been crafty getting Luongo and unloading Bert.

Vancouver is a coin toss this year. Most teams are. There's lots of transition in Vancouver. Could be good or bad. Vigneault brings in a new approach.

Jetsniper, have faith. The season hasn't even started yet. Hockey can be a fluke after all. Sometimes in a game a puck can bounce the right way. Sometimes a season can go that way too, more or less.

You know this anyway so why am I telling you? :P

IMO. Nonis is a practical GM who has made tremendous rookie mistakes. Loading the Canucks to make the playoffs in 06, losing picks and having that baggage to begin the UFA season was not a good start. He has been crafty getting Luongo and unloading Bert.

Vancouver is a coin toss this year. Most teams are. There's lots of transition in Vancouver. Could be good or bad. Vigneault brings in a new approach.

Jetsniper, have faith. The season hasn't even started yet. Hockey can be a fluke after all. Sometimes in a game a puck can bounce the right way. Sometimes a season can go that way too, more or less.

I agree with everything you just said except the Nonis major rookie mistakes. Hindsight is 20/20 and Nonis added dmen, a position of weakness to give Burke's group ONE LAST SHOT...... the team screwed it up and it allows Nonis to know it's time for a change. He did his part but the team didn't do theirs....... It was in no way Nonis's fault.

Beruzzi needed to go. Ask TBRC and BTH how much I defended Bert but even I agree he needed a change. The guy created way to many turnovers and didn't backcheck hit or anything. Constantly losing the puck and not going to the net...... I'll miss him a lot but we got a franchise goalie, a position where everyone including people like you fans(not pointing fingers at you in particular ;) ) criticized our organization for lacking. :rolleyes: Nonis wanted to build from the net out and Tambs knows a lot of Luongo through Hockey Canada and seemed very high on him and it all amazingly happened.

Haha, thats true. No one expected us to make the playoffs last season. Giguere has stood at a standstill though (can't really blame him for Svatos though). There was that ridiculous signing bonus debacle, Theo being a doofus, Blake selling out. Then there was that horrendous sweep at the hands of the Ducks.

It's been frustrating to be an Avs fan since May. BUT thanks to the salary cap, we should only be down for 1-2 seasons, not 10 like some teams have been in the past. My saving grace is that the Hurricanes won the Cup with virtually no superstars, especially on defense which is my biggest worry for the Avs.

I dumbfounded over Carter not taking Nonis' 2 year offer. Toronto can't possibly sign him with their cap running out. After Colaiacovo, Wellwood & Stajan are inked where is the 3 million?

Surely Carter and his agent know this. Take your 2 year deal and suck it up!

Canucks will probably have to settle with 20 players on active roster and if even they do they need to still sign 9 players and that means 8 Mil for 9 players! by the way Knuckle's option on trevor Linden at 1.5 Mil?????? not happeing... if soo then that leaves 8 spots with 7 Mil left... The Manitoba Moose is playing bext year!

Canucks will probably have to settle with 20 players on active roster and if even they do they need to still sign 9 players and that means 8 Mil for 9 players! by the way Knuckle's option on trevor Linden at 1.5 Mil?????? not happeing... if soo then that leaves 8 spots with 7 Mil left... The Manitoba Moose is playing bext year!

Naslund-Morrison-Cooke

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-UFA

Pyatt-Chouinard-Kesler

Burrows-Santala-Linden

Ohlund-Bieksa

Mitchell-Krajicek

Bourdon-Salo

Brown/McIver

Luongo

Noronen

Pyatt has signed a 700k 1 year deal. Sean Brown is expected to be re-signed for the leage minimum. Also, Nonis IS in the market to grab a UFA RW'er(Young, Kozlov, Carter, Sykora, Nolan) now. Who it is, I don't know..... We have guys like King, Balej etc etc but Jesse Schultz is believed to be ready.... Maybe Reid? Management believes they are almost or are 100% sure that one of our prospects are ready to play with the Sedins. Out of that group only Bieksa played a part of the year with the Moose and McIver could make the defense over Bieksa. That's really it with maybe one or two forwards from the Moose making it. So basically how is our team the Manitoba Moose? Like I've been saying our team is fine for friggin sakes!

Cooke as a first-liner?! Lay off the BC bud mahn! :P

mmm bc bud :rolleyes:

maybe they should do an all swedish line

as leats alien vigneault will know most of the players coming from the moose since it's all they can afford

Edited by marky_and_komi

mmm bc bud :rolleyes:

maybe they should do an all swedish line

as leats alien vigneault will know most of the players coming from the moose since it's all they can afford

I was actually thinking about that, putting Naslund with the Sedins. But then they'd be a one-line team with "junk" on the bottom three lines.