Perhaps The Greatest Fight In Habs' History?

TheBigRedC

the zednik/drury fight is a classic...I love when two usualy-non-fighting- guys fight it's the best.

lecavalier/iginla was great too

the zednik/drury fight is a classic...I love when two usualy-non-fighting- guys fight it's the best.

lecavalier/iginla was great too

u got a link to it ?

found it nvm lol

Edited by koivu-11

Excellent uppercut by Zed

Thanks Zed!

Damn! we traded away our best enforcer! I guess it will be upto Ribs to step up and fight for his team this coming season. I knew we resigned him for a reason.

Some of my most memorable Habs fights:

Mario Roberge vs Bob Probert: Roberge machine-gunned Probert's face for the undisputed win.

John Kordic vs Jay Miller: Kordic totally PWNED Miller and tammed the entire Bruins.

Claude Lemieux vs Mario Lemieux: on the day rookie Claude Lemieux is called up from Fredericton, Habs played the Pens. Claude pestered Mario so much it broke into a fight and Mario won.

You just don't see heavy weight fights like that anymore. Players really paid the price and did their job defending their respective teams with passion.

Canada- USSR 1987 WJRs

One of the best I've ever seen

:bow: :can:

thats when I got interested in junior hockey :lol:

somehow, I do remember seeing that fight live..I was only 9 :rolleyes:

just notices that pat burns was part of the coaching staff

You just don't see heavy weight fights like that anymore. Players really paid the price and did their job defending their respective teams with passion.

Marathon Heavyweight Bout between Jody Shelley and Darren Langdon

My favorite fight of the past year, this marathon bout lasts 2 minutes. By the end, both players are so tired it's all they can do to stay on their skates. Every time it looked like the bout was over, a guy was able to muster up the strength for another punch.

Jody Shelley slugfest with Todd Fedoruk

Another good battle with tons of punches thrown. I'd compare it to the Kordic fight you were commenting on.

Links to some good team brawls, a couple including Montreal.

I haven't watched them yet, but team brawls are usually fun. I have to wait an hour to download more clips off of RapidShare, so I haven't watched them yet. The first page has links to Chelios vs. Hextall and a Montreal-Boston brawl. 2nd page has brawls between Montreal and Calgary along with Montreal and Quebec. One of those two happened before the game, I think.

Detroit vs. Colorado Brawl

My favorite of all time, this is the classic brawl (one of a few) between the Avs and Red Wings. This is the one where Shanahan gives Roy a flying clothesline before Roy and Vernon go at it.

Niiiiice. But that's not the one I was thinking about. I'm thinking about one at the Forum in the 1986 playoffs, where Kordic was a rookie. Nilan was settling in more of a checking role and Jay Miller was head-hunting all the Habs. Until one faceoff in the Bruins' zone, Kordic and Miller went at it. Kordic just stunned Miller and pummeled him into submission. Then Miller retreated to the Bruins locker-room and tried to kick the door of the hallway and the door sprung back on him knocking him on his ass. Too funny.

I tried to find another infamous brawls: when Hextall jumped Chelios in the last game of the 1989 Prince-of-Wales Finals. Roy came all the way to center ice and waited, ready to jump in the fight.

Edited by KoZed

I tried to find another infamous brawls: when Hextall jumped Chelios in the last game of the 1989 Prince-of-Wales Finals. Roy came all the way to center ice and waited, ready to jump in the fight.

That's one of the clips in the thread I posted above.

That's one of the clips in the thread I posted above.

Thanks, just saw that. Thought your post was just about Shelley. :P

Thanks, just saw that. Thought your post was just about Shelley. :P

Hehe, that brawl was great. Notice at one point how Craig Ludwig (#17) is holding back 2 Flyers players on his own. Then later along the board Bobby Smith is entangled with one Flyers and Kjell Samuelsson jumps in and literally jumps on the back of Smith! Then Ludwig comes to help Smith, draggin Keith Acton with him like he was a kid.

Oh the memories!

I always liked Kordic as a fighter because he was fun to watch, but I always suspected his punches never hurt that much, and sure enough I met a guy last year that went a round with him in the ECHL (and lost) but he confirmed that his punches really didn't hurt that much, which didn't change the fact that he was a loon, on and off the ice.

As far as fighters go, there is only one undisputed champ, hands down, could go with anyone past or present.........Chris Nilan.

As far as fighters go, there is only one undisputed champ, hands down, could go with anyone past or present.........Chris Nilan.

C-Love looks like you were typing when I hit the add reply tab. How many times I laughed looking at Nilans red knuckles hanging over the boards on Hockey Night in Canada. Sheesh I miss those days. Someone please find me a good Nilan fight to watch. I need my fix.

Just watched the Quebec brawl, and boy was it crazy. First brawl is after the horn at the end of the 2nd, the next brawl was before the next period started. I heard at least 4 ejections from the 2nd set of fights, couldn't hear any for the next set. The announcer said at one point 14 different fights/scrums were going on. Best part was during the first brawl, Dale Hunter was still on the bench when it started, so he couldn't join in. Had it not been Game 6 in a playoff series, I'm sure he would have done it anyway and faced the suspension.

Found the brawl on YouTube, so there's no wait if you want other stuff on RapidShare

THIS is the best fight what the NHL have and will seen EVER...

:ph34r:

Canada- USSR 1987 WJRs

One of the best I've ever seen

:bow: :can:

Wow, that Junior fight was really something else. Unbelievable.

Just watched the Quebec brawl, and boy was it crazy. First brawl is after the horn at the end of the 2nd, the next brawl was before the next period started. I heard at least 4 ejections from the 2nd set of fights, couldn't hear any for the next set. The announcer said at one point 14 different fights/scrums were going on. Best part was during the first brawl, Dale Hunter was still on the bench when it started, so he couldn't join in. Had it not been Game 6 in a playoff series, I'm sure he would have done it anyway and faced the suspension.

Found the brawl on YouTube, so there's no wait if you want other stuff on RapidShare

I don't know which was better. Another great brawl. ;)