The Visor

zumpano21

Apparently Ryder is wearing a visor this year. To me, it's the smart move. An NHL player depends on his vision to make a living and should be regarded as an asset worth protecting.

Let's say that I was the GM for the Habs. My first move..... all players forced to wear visors. I'm the one paying their salaries and expecting them to be on the ice every night instead of watching from a hospital bed with one good eye. In my mind, this would trump any concern about interfering with their ability to play the game. My advice to them - adjust.

I thought only chicken frenchies and europeans wear the visor because they're not man enough...or so says cherry, avery and...

really men don't wear the visor, only the intelligent ones do.

Yes but if Ryder wears one ( say the GM forced him to ) and only scores 10 goals the whole season then that might not be a good idea.

If theres a 20 goal difference for a player in consecutive seasons, theres more wrong with him then just a visor.

ryder makes a great move by using the visor. since he's more a sniper than a puckhandler, I don't see any problems for him.

I know last year montreal was the team that had the most players wearing a visor.

congrats Ryder :clap:

If theres a 20 goal difference for a player in consecutive seasons, theres more wrong with him then just a visor.

Was just trying to make a point that some players might not ever be able to adjust to wearing one ... the original posters mentioned that if he was GM that visors would be manditory for his team ... I was just trying to say even at the expense of making a player play poorly because he just can't get used to it ? ... example Mats Sundin :puke: ... he's had two eye injuries and still doesn't wear a visor because he just can't get comfortable with it.

I thought only chicken frenchies and europeans wear the visor because they're not man enough...or so says cherry, avery and...

really men don't wear the visor, only the intelligent ones do.

hehehehehehe................... It's chicken frog, it's chicken frog!!!!!!!!!

:king: :hlogo: :king:

He said the Koivu injury weighed in on his decision. Speaking of Koivu, he's going to try out a couple new models of visors. He's going to wear a bigger one and says he'll also try a European model that curves inward at the bottom.

Apparently Ryder is wearing a visor this year. To me, it's the smart move. An NHL player depends on his vision to make a living and should be regarded as an asset worth protecting.

Let's say that I was the GM for the Habs. My first move..... all players forced to wear visors. I'm the one paying their salaries and expecting them to be on the ice every night instead of watching from a hospital bed with one good eye. In my mind, this would trump any concern about interfering with their ability to play the game. My advice to them - adjust.

Gotta get it past the PA first, and they won't pass it. Even guys who wear them say it shouldn't be mandatory.

I personally don't give a rat's ass if a guy wears one or not, but I do believe that it will make some players a little braver, and a little more reckless with their sticks.

hehehehehehe................... It's chicken frog, it's chicken frog!!!!!!!!!

nothing beats a good chicken frog leg. mmmmmm

Was just trying to make a point that some players might not ever be able to adjust to wearing one ...

Why is it so hard to adapt to a visor when you've worn one from the time you laced on skates until you hit the Pros? This is no longer a viable excuse when you've worn one all your hockey career prior to the NHL.

The arguement that players can't adapt to the visor is the biggest load of croc that slips out of their mach mouths! Let's be honest! This is about the macho mentality that permeates the NHL..... nothing else!!!!!

Why is it so hard to adapt to a visor when you've worn one from the time you laced on skates until you hit the Pros? This is no longer a viable excuse when you've worn one all your hockey career prior to the NHL.

The arguement that players can't adapt to the visor is the biggest load of croc that slips out of their mach mouths! Let's be honest! This is about the macho mentality that permeates the NHL..... nothing else!!!!!

:clap:

Visors should be grandfathered in!

It happened with helmets - it's coming eventually and that is how it will happen with visors......

I applaud Ryder's decision to start wearing a visor and I hope he keeps it on.

People often comment on how some players just can't get use to them and hence they stop wearing them. I don't think any habs can use that excuse. Why? Well, if I was watching Koivu learn to deal with a loss of peripheral vision and a cataract, I think I would have a hard time looking him in the eye and telling my Captain I can't learn to play with a visor. :)

Let's hope Saku leads by example again.

Edited by brobin

The only difference I found skating with a visor was that my head got hotter as I lost ventilation on my face. Not a big deal. It should and will be grandfathered in sooner than we all think. The league doesn't want to chance losing stars to injury.

They should all play with goalie masks. Each player could custom his own mask like goalies. Way more fun. All in a sudden you'd have anonymous players getting fans just because they have a cool mask. And it'd make more stuff to sell for teams.

Only downside is the loss of female fans who wouldnt be able to swoon over player's face anymore... ;)

They should all play with goalie masks. Each player could custom his own mask like goalies. Way more fun. All in a sudden you'd have anonymous players getting fans just because they have a cool mask. And it'd make more stuff to sell for teams.

Only downside is the loss of female fans who wouldnt be able to swoon over player's face anymore... ;)

Females swoon over toothless hockey players? This I have to see.

Females swoon over toothless hockey players? This I have to see.

Well, I DON'T swoon over toothless players... that's for sure.... :o

oh :huh: ............. I forgot :huh: ................. I'm not female............... :blush:

forget it..... I... uh........... was............. mind-wandering :unsure: ......... yes........., that's it....... mind-wandering... :unsure::unsure: