"i Want To Perform, Push The Guys On The Big Lines" - Latendresse

KoZed

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060929...ORTS01/60929038

Says its the happiest day of his life, but also says he wants to perform and keep pushing behind the guys on the big lines. Says he's realizing two dreams at once: play in the NHL and play for the Habs. Says he's not scared of pressure, he sees it as adrenaline that allows him to surpass himself. Cabo told him he (Carbo himself) was well aware of what Guillaume might have to face this season and that his office door was always opened if Lats needed help.

Methinks the Habs are gonna sell quite a few jersey #84 this season... ;)

Funny... this kinda reminds me of Lance et Compte when Pierre Lambert makes the National. Here's hoping Lats doesn't spill his gut over drinks to a skank journalist and get punished with a trip in the minors!

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060929...ORTS01/60929038

Says its the happiest day of his life, but also says he wants to perform and keep pushing behind the guys on the big lines. Says he's realizing two dreams at once: play in the NHL and play for the Habs. Says he's not scared of pressure, he sees it as adrenaline that allows him to surpass himself. Cabo told him he (Carbo himself) was well aware of what Guillaume might have to face this season and that his office door was always opened if Lats needed help.

Methinks the Habs are gonna sell quite a few jersey #84 this season... ;)

Funny... this kinda reminds me of Lance et Compte when Pierre Lambert makes the National. Here's hoping Lats doesn't spill his gut over drinks to a skank journalist and get punished with a trip in the minors!

Wow I almost expected him to say he wanted to not play well and languish in the press box?

Of course he wants to play well and play on the #1 line with the most storied franchise in hockey historya nd the one that he grew up idolizing. What Quebec born player hasn't dreamed of that? Lets hope that drives him to be the best player he can possible be.

Nice attitude. Hopefully this will help to keep the whole team on ther toes game after game. It's great to have such depth at forward because it force players to push themselves at the max to keep their spot.

*looks in Ribiero direction* You better play better this year than last or else Latendresse is gonna steal your place dude :P

BTW I like your new avatar KoZed :D

I am dreaming of Gui being the next coming, though wearily. We are so over due for a rookie sensation, PQ born, true star. We use to get them all in the good old days, the Habs had a large minor league system of their owm to draw from, and the 50 mile 1st rights. Just think of our lineup over the past 30 years if that had stayed in place, just the 50 mile rule. Wow. We'd be gunning for our 40th cup.

I hope he is for real, a true power forward. Been a while ,LeClair the last?

It is also great, as I stated weeks ago in a different post, that Lats is making the jump straight from Juniors, no AHL, who did that last?

http://proicehockey.about.com/library/blqu...tats+for+canada

Good quick read on the old rule

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Thanks! :D Gotta stay on top of these things

Can it be long now before KoZed morps into KoLat? No, KoGui? How about Ko84?

Don't worry, I'l give you a good deal on the copyright to any of these :P

Quite few fans have compared Latendresse to Bertuzzi. That would be fantastic. But now that I've had chance to think about it, he has better chance of turning into a John LeClair. Big, strong and good hands.

Stay patient. LeClair was a very effective playoff performer (remember what he did in 93) but it took him a while to really mature. That is a common situation for bigger players.

Go GUI Go!

Edited by Habsterr

Just a little more info. Latendresse said there was no way he wanted to go back to Drummondville. He also said, if he didn't make the team HIS INTENTIONS WERE TO GO BACK INTO THE DRAFT.

source?

Just a little more info. Latendresse said there was no way he wanted to go back to Drummondville. He also said, if he didn't make the team HIS INTENTIONS WERE TO GO BACK INTO THE DRAFT.

Um, good for him. So his intentions were to spurn any future Habs contract offers in the future, since they own his rights, and re-enter the draft. Punk.

Nice attitude. Hopefully this will help to keep the whole team on ther toes game after game. It's great to have such depth at forward because it force players to push themselves at the max to keep their spot.

*looks in Ribiero direction* You better play better this year than last or else Latendresse is gonna steal your place dude :P

BTW I like your new avatar KoZed :D

lokks like that may have already happened since they traded ribs to dallas :P

will he play on opening night ??

I expect that he will, especially with the departure of ribeiro.

:king: :hlogo: :king: