Yes I'm So Excited!

Pierre the Great

I dont know how you english guys can handle watching RDS games... its so irritating to not know what the announcers are saying. :X

Center Ice is soooooo key to any hockey season... I dunno how I did without it in past seasons. Had it for the last few years and watched about 400 games total. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how you english guys can handle watching RDS games... its so irritating to not know what the announcers are saying.

Well I for one can understand. Its easy. You here the name then they say another name, that means the player passed the puck and when the announcers get 'excited' something happend. And when the Habs score they go into girlie screams. Then after you've listened to it for a while I in one game started to pick up words for penalty and stuff. But I'm helped by the habs game threads so if I missed anything its usually on there.

Its easy its fun and its a simple way to get exposed to a language a language all Canadians especially should be able to form a sentence with and understand in my opinion.

Right on Pierre the Great. Let's drop the puck and get this season started. Enough of this preseason stuff :hlogo:

21 CARBONNEAU! :hlogo: 11 MULLER :hlogo:

#21 & #11

21 HIGGINS 11 KOIVU :hlogo:

HAIL SAKU!

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN

RDS is a cable sports channel. New Brunswick is a offically bi lingual province. If you have TSN I think it should be mandatory that you should have RDS. Its like having Radio Canada and CBC. When you have french speaking people in your area you should supply them with programming and stations in there mother tongue.

For example Univision is on our cable. In most places out west its on a free over the air television. For example Univision is a regular local channel in Kansas City. In Denver they've got spanish radio stations and a local Univision and Telemundo station with local programming as well.

francophones rights are being violated if they cannot recieve RDS on cable.

nope. Surely not every english channel has a french analog (and vice versa).

Versus (used to be called OLN) is showing more Habs games. Last year they only showed 1 game I think against the Bruins.

They showed one other game, but I forget who it was against. I remember because both times I had my parents tape the games and mail me the tapes. :)

NHL Centre Ice did not have my Habby games on it last year in T-Dot. I had to sign up for a 6-month sports package($39.99/month) that included NFL Sunday Ticket,college Basketball, Nascar in Car etc.. but NO HABS GAMES. They got an earfull until I found out I can get RDS and RIS with a bunch of other stations for $8 per month. This year, no NHL Center ICE but RDS all the way. (NFL sunday ticket was good but my team SUCKED!)

Go :hlogo: Go :hlogo:

What is RIS, and how come I've never heard of it?

nope. Surely not every english channel has a french analog (and vice versa).

Analog? Thats over the air right networks (non cable)?

Well by looking at Canadian tv stations where ever there is a group of francophone speakers outside Quebec there's a radio canada french station for example. And I believe it should apply to cable as well. If I lived in Vancouver and I spoke french first I'd want french programming.

anyway thats my 2 cents.

RIS is RDS' news/highlights only station.

Oh cool. Come to think of it, I think I have that channel. I have so many damn channels with my digital package, I can't keep track of them all. All I know is my favourite channel is 256. :king:

I get Center ice every year, so i get every game, and i also have .Versus (OLN). Last year i only missed 15 montreal games, (because of hockey Practice)

You should immediately cancel your cable subscription and buy a dish. Directv is good, go to best buy it's like 70 bucks. Then buy the Nhl package. It's 149. I get every Canadiens game here in Colorado, even last year a few in French.

Have RDS (yes it's on Rogers Digital) - all I can say is, why watch anything else but real hockey........

It's not even on digital cable.. :( I'm certain it's on satellite, but I can't make that kind of investment... :D

If you have or get Rogers Digital it is part of an add on package that includes a group of French language stations. Costs me about 5-6 bucks extra a month - worth every penny!!!!!!!

wow I'm draft eligible - hope the Habs will scout me now...... :P B)

Edited by beliveau1

We should all be excited. This is officially the last day without :hockey:

And tomorrow I will have my delicious supper. Grab an Alexander Keith's India Pale Ale and watch Ottawa beat the Leafs :D

Then on Thursday I have my delicious supper. Grab a Keith's and watch Ottawa beat the Leafs :D

FRIDAY IS :D DAY. :hlogo:

Edited by ATHLÉTIQUE.CANADIEN