The Lamoriello Watch

The-Habby2919

By my calculations, Lou has til tuesday at midnight to get his team in order. This involves signing 3 players and and getting under the cap. Whether its regarding Mogilnys or Malakovs contracts or if its going to be through minor trades how do you think hes going to pull it off? Or who do you think will go where.

:hlogo:

well. If mogilny can't play, his salary won't count agaisnt the cap. that money will go to gionta .

I don't know the malakhov situation so I won't speculate on him.

I could see a guy like colin withe being trade fo a cheaper player

well. If mogilny can't play, his salary won't count agaisnt the cap. that money will go to gionta .

Why do you say this? I thought that since Mogilny signed a multi-year contract after turning 35 his salary does count against the cap whether or not he retires.

I read an article in the Globe & Mail which indicated that Lamoriello was trying to convince the league to

exempt Mogilny's salary due to his injury. I doubt the league would do this though.

I would not be suprised to see John Madden traded.

I hope the NHL burns Lou for the Mogilny signing he upped the amount that Florida offered him to ensure he would become a Devil now he should live with the consequences!

who cares really we aren't devil fans and we can't afford the devils plays that will leave since we are basically at the cap now. As long as the players get moved west and don't help the habs rivals I'll be happy.

Don't count out multiple team trades as this is one way of moving salary, unsigned players and draft picks. These guys will learn how it works quickly. I hope Lou chokes on his cap as I find his dealings to be questionable. That trade to get get Klee last year was stupid as it made Leafs better.

Why do you say this? I thought that since Mogilny signed a multi-year contract after turning 35 his salary does count against the cap whether or not he retires.

I read an article in the Globe & Mail which indicated that Lamoriello was trying to convince the league to

exempt Mogilny's salary due to his injury. I doubt the league would do this though.

Word is the league will give them a break with Mogilny's injury.

I doubt Colin White goes, he was just signed long-term in the offseason. I'd say theres an 80% chance that Gomez ends up in Calgary and Atlanta and St.Louis are supposed to be interested in Mogilny. I guess Chicago has shown interest in Malakhov as well.

I'd just say screw and sit the season out. With all the contracts that are up for them, it'd be the best situation instead of having to trade their stars for absolutely nothing. Re-signing Elias was a ridiculous move on Lou's part. Lou has lost a bit of his lustre.

I hope saint louis doesn't get anybody from the devils because they don't deserve anyone in my opinion. The fans here have left in droves it so bad that I could buy awesome tickets here on opening night at the ticket office at the arena.

The new owner is just waiting for the lease to run out in 5 years so he can move the team to Salt Lake, imo.

RUMOR:

The New Jersey Devils acquired left wing Alexander Korolyuk and defenceman Jim Fahey from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for defenseman Vladimir Malakhov, and a conditional first-round pick in the NHL Entry Draft.

A friend just emailed me this little tidbit.

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Basically NJ traded a 1st round pick to take Malakhov off their hands. I guess SJ has the cap room.

I don't think Koroluyk and Fahey were even on the Sharks NHL roster. Koroluyk played in Europe last year and Fahey was a depth d-man.

Edited by Mr. Nasty

Why in the world has San Jose accepted this deal? Complete steal by NJ. Wow well done Lou.

Why in the world has San Jose accepted this deal? Complete steal by NJ. Wow well done Lou.

Win-Win for both teams. NJ gets cap space freed up and SJ gets a first for taking a cap hit which they can definitely afford.

Well... one down one to go... SJ is lucky.. Malakhov wont play but they got a 1st and shed a little unneeded salary. Now they are basically just paying Malakhovs salary in exchange for the 1st.

:hlogo:

Lets look a little deeper at the deal as the first round pick is conditional and no one knows what it really is, unless I am blind from what I read. It is interesting to see what they are saying on the Sharks Board:

Link

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

great move by lou

dumping 3.5 million!!!!!!!

and about the draft pick, they have been winning for a lot of years, i guess he's willing to sacrifice 1 years draft

then gionta will get around 3 Mil.

If mogilny's unable to play lou will be able to sign martin and hale.

julien must be happy to get rid of the laziest player in the NHL history