Darren Elliot Predicts Habs In The Final

Helmethead

I've been trying to absorb as much "expert opinion" as I can over the last couple of weeks. Unfortunately, most self-proclaimed "experts" have no vision, no guts...no "cojones"...Everyone from TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN, Eklund and so on, has our Habs finishing out of the playoffs...

Well, I just came across CNNSI "crystal ball" predictions....

CNNSI

Darren Elliot, much to my surprise, predicts the Habs to lose the Stanley Cup Final against the Flames. He sees us as this year's version of the Buffalo Sabres. I don't know what that's worth, but I strongly believe that our team is destined for great things this year. Call it a gut feeling, call it blind faith, but this team will make us proud.

GO HABS GO!!!

All of Greece is rooting for you....

I like the way he thinks, but i think he gets abit fuzzy at the end of the playoffs where the habs take the cup :D

I like the way he thinks, but i think he gets abit fuzzy at the end of the playoffs where the habs take the cup :D

Sounds good to me!

:hlogo:

It's coming man... 2009's the year.

It's this reaction that just drives me nuts - if a hockey prognosticator has the gall to not choose your favourite team to win it all - then automatically he's an idiot.

And the one who does is suddenly a genius, just because he agrees with your choice?

They are not as prone to being fan biased as we are; they take for the most part what amounts to a semi-educated guess that is based on the fact that this is a part of their chosen profession, and more often than not that's all they are - just guesses!

People need to get over the hostility that they hold when the so-called pundits happen to think they're favourite team isn't a favourite....... this is all about selling a product and creating some hype!!!!!!

Edited by beliveau1

Montreal comes up short after a surprising season reminiscent of the 2005-06 Sabres with young Alex Perezhogin and Tomas Plekanec taking a big leap forward, and every move working as they did for Carolina, with Sergei Samsonov as Cory Stillman and Cristobal Huet conjuring Martin Gerber.

He's not exactly the most informed source. I think what he means there is Huet conjuring up Cam Ward, not Gerber. In case he forgot, it's Ward who backstopped the Canes to the Cup, not Senator Gerber. :lol:

Edited by smon

He's not exactly the most informed source. I think what he means there is Huet conjuring up Cam Ward, not Gerber. In case he forgot, it's Ward who backstopped the Canes to the Cup, not Senator Gerber. :lol:

I guess that's why were gonna lose the final.

Awesome!!

Beats that TSN crap that we'll finish 2nd to dead last in the East.

Some good news finally.

we could have john tavares as a draft choice !!

we'll finish between 5th and 7th in our conference

speaking about predictions I just laid one giant egg in the prediction thread lol Vancouver lol

LOL

a big dodo egg

It's this reaction that just drives me nuts - if a hockey prognosticator has the gall to not choose your favourite team to win it all - then automatically he's an idiot.

And the one who does is suddenly a genius, just because he agrees with your choice?

They are not as prone to being fan biased as we are; they take for the most part what amounts to a semi-educated guess that is based on the fact that this is a part of their chosen profession, and more often than not that's all they are - just guesses!

People need to get over the hostility that they hold when the so-called pundits happen to think they're favourite team isn't a favourite....... this is all about selling a product and creating some hype!!!!!!

Exactly....

Couldn't have said it better. B) :hlogo:

thanks Kaos & C- Love - I just get so pissed when I see that type of mentality regarding predictions! Drives me insane.......

Had to rant - time to breathe deeply now <_<

Edited by beliveau1

I preffer lower expectations than higher... let us pass under there radars as the Sabres did last year!... for Buffalo certainly will not this time! let them think we havent changed ... let them think we are iat the beginnings of a transition still... In a way this is what I fear taht TO has gained this season they will play with less pressure at the beginning of the season... So hopefully we will too!

By the way abyone care to tell me if Streit would have to pass waivers?