Euroo 2008

habs_in_the_blood

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps a tiny bit of karma there at the end when Di Natale missed a very decisive PK. When he fell outside the line in extra time and then rolled back on to the pitch, antics like that is why I will never be able to root for the I-tals, even if they should happen to play Arsenal or Chelski.

I was thoroughly impressed with Camoranesi's PK. I've rarely seen someone so cool in a shootout. Grosso's PK was very good too, but more Italians than Spaniards didn't do what you expect. The saves made were good but far from great. All those PK's came at a very conveniant height for the keepers.

All in all a rather boring game. Not unexpected, but still disappointing.

I hope Mother Russia goes all the way.

Who does Tex root for in the German/ Turkish game? :P

Germany vs. Spain would be a fun final. I'm a German fan all the way. On the other hand, I'd be happy just to see some good football - well and I'm ecstatic that the severely overrated British are nowhere to be found. What did Owen say the other day? No Croatian player would even make the English roster? Well, fortunate for the Croats, then, because they'd be out of the Euros had they been with the English.

Props to Hiddink (as usual) for working his magic with the Russians. Hard to bet against any Hiddink-led team. Shame we only get to see him highlighted every two years or so. Some club team needs to break the bank to get him so we can see his magic year after year.

Who does Tex root for in the German/ Turkish game? :P

Germany vs. Spain would be a fun final. I'm a German fan all the way. On the other hand, I'd be happy just to see some good football - well and I'm ecstatic that the severely overrated British are nowhere to be found. What did Owen say the other day? No Croatian player would even make the English roster? Well, fortunate for the Croats, then, because they'd be out of the Euros had they been with the English.

Props to Hiddink (as usual) for working his magic with the Russians. Hard to bet against any Hiddink-led team. Shame we only get to see him highlighted every two years or so. Some club team needs to break the bank to get him so we can see his magic year after year.

What about a Germany-Russia finals? That could be interesting as well. Russia totally crushed Nederlands in the quarterfinals and are on a roll. But will they be able to take revenge on Spain..Russia lost badly against them, the first game of the tournament.

I like the German team too. Podolski, Klose, Ballack!! Go Germans!

Does TSN do the ESPN feed or do they do the British feed? I know for some things like F1, TSN goes to the Brits for the telecast.

British

TSN and Sportsnet are splitting Euro duties but they both use the British feed.

Hiddink is one helluva coach. He's done very well with the South Korean and Aussie national teams in the past.

All that Dutch propaganda saying he is a traitor is utter and complete BS. Anyone who thinks that needs to unstick his head from his arse. :wacko:

What about a Germany-Russia finals? That could be interesting as well. Russia totally crushed Nederlands in the quarterfinals and are on a roll. But will they be able to take revenge on Spain..Russia lost badly against them, the first game of the tournament.

I think Spain is the favourite, but you never know. The fact that Spain beat Russia in the first game might actually turn out to favor the Russians.

I think Spain will win but I wouldn't dare to bet against Russia, not after what they did to Holland. I hope the Russians win the semi and then beat the Germans in the final.

I think Spain is the favourite, but you never know. The fact that Spain beat Russia in the first game might actually turn out to favor the Russians.

I think Spain will win but I wouldn't dare to bet against Russia, not after what they did to Holland. I hope the Russians win the semi and then beat the Germans in the final.

Spain seems to always find a way to screw up. :lol: With Arshavin back now, it should hopefully propel them to victory this time around. They're going to have to do it without Kolodin and Torbinski though.

Can someone remind me again why people are surprised the limeys have such a crappy national team?

article-1027070-01A169CB00000578-84_468x

I am excited that I am off for the two semi's I hope I finish helping my parents move so I can watch tomorrow.

Since Portugal is gone and so are the Dutch I am forced to cheer for Spain they have 2 guys I love to watch, Torres and Fabegres those guys are wicked.

Hiddink is one helluva coach. He's done very well with the South Korean and Aussie national teams in the past.

All that Dutch propaganda saying he is a traitor is utter and complete BS. Anyone who thinks that needs to unstick his head from his arse. :wacko:

Well i dont think people in holland see it that way...im not there atm but i cant imagine. He did a good job, we had the better team so we just should have won. We got ourselves to blaim.

Im gonna watch the Russia-Spain game on a big screen in Stockholm, right in front of the big palace. (i saw it yesterday on swedish television and i was there this afternoon, going there in 15 minutes. will be fun!)

Hej Da!

Oh, well. What's a Euro final? After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and... and boring, and completely... [sighs] Completely wonderful.

Thanks for a great show Russia. We've been treated to some wonderful football. :wub:

The Spaniards were excellent tonight. Hope they'll beat the kraut out of the Germans on Sunday.

Before thr tournament, I predicted Germany over Spain.

But with the Netherlands out, Spain is my team so that's who I'm going for. Germany has got plenty of firepower though.

Its fever pitch over here. I swear this tournament and the last two world cups have really hit a nerve in this country. People are coming out of the 'soccer closet'. The game is simply amazing. I still say Zidane's head butt did more for soccer here then anything I've seen as long as I've been living.

Germany should win 2-1 or 3-2. With Villa out Torres has to step up.

I don't agree with that. While Luca Toni and Fernando Torres haven't scored, they have created a lot of chances for themselves and teammates. The goals is the only thing missing. Obviously that's a big thing that's missing since they're strikers and all, but still... I think the both of them have played well.

I also don't think man of you guys give the Russians enough credit for beating Holland, but that's another story.

I don't agree with that. While Luca Toni and Fernando Torres haven't scored, they have created a lot of chances for themselves and teammates. The goals is the only thing missing. Obviously that's a big thing that's missing since they're strikers and all, but still... I think the both of them have played well.

I also don't think man of you guys give the Russians enough credit for beating Holland, but that's another story.

Most of us were cheering for Holland, what did you expect. Our poor play contributed to that loss a lot because Van der Sar kept us in the game. If the midfield plays marginally better and the strikers get a couple more quality chances, we would've managed to sneak out a win.

I woke up on Thursday pretty pissed off, knowing I should've been watching Holland Vs Spain that day.