2- higgins

1 - aebischer (no kidding)

Go :hlogo: Go!

1- Abby

2- Higgins

3- ?????

check the post above you... :):):)

Great win by the Habs. Even after Ottawa scored, Montreal did a good job of holding off the pressure. Defensemen looked more comfortable in their own zone, they were holding the puck a little longer and making good passes. Habs had speed thru centre ice.

Most importantly, the PK was very, very good, and so was Abby.

sportsnet loves them senators

RDS FTW

Emery... I suppose so... you'd think that the three goals would discount him... hmmm....

GREAT WIN

AEBISCHER WAS AMAZING!!

LATENDRESSE PLAYED GREAT (compared to other games he's played)

RUSSIAN LINE WAS A SUCCESS (Just get Kovalev to practice some faceoffs in practice and we're set)

Wasn't impressed with Koivu tonight...He had that one great chance but fanned on the shot. Whatever, he'll rebound next game.

Ryder could've played better also, but everyone else played well.

GO HABS GO

bed time for this bonzo.

I'll read through the coming posts tomorrow morning.

Bonsoir. :o (yawn)

1-2

Something Ive learned through the years that no coach ever has.. dont try to defend a lead when more then 5 minutes remains of the game.

Finally I can make a comment - as per my don't jinx the Habs by commenting on the Game Thread while it's still on policy 'cause they usually lose when I do that!?!?

Actually it's really unfair to lay the blame at the feet of the coach in most cases for this trend. In fact despite the coach's best efforts to prevent a sit back and wait routine, most of the time it is the players themselves who fall into this trap - not many coach's want this to happen anytime in a game. Sometimes they don't even seem to realize that they are doing it. It usually happens one line and one shift at a time, until they are all caught up in it. The frightening thing is, if you are a good coach you can see it slowly developing, and you know you can't do a thing to stop it sometimes!

I know for a fact as I've been there before as a coach myself on several occasions. You are up and down the bench trying to get them on the forecheck and to keep moving, but you can see them getting more & more comfortable the longer the lead stands..... and then it's suddenly too late to turn it around as the other team has pulled within a goal or tied it up!!!!

By that time all you can do is white knuckle it through the clock and try to make the right line changes at the right time, and hope your goalie comes up big at the right time!

There are some exceptions to this, but most of the time it has nothing to do with what a coach wants his team to do - the players themselves just seem to naturally swing to a mentality that says, circle the wagons & hold the fort down!!!! And they keep doing it no matter how hard you try sometimes......

HEY ALL!!

i dunno if anybody else noticed carbo *lil dance* at the end of the game??

like he was shaking his hands like he was dancing? hehe

- johnson was amazing!

- bonk was amazing!!

- TENDER had a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig game... damn POST!!! just need some luck more!!! first goal is coming!!! keep it up kid!

- bégin : FINALLY SCORED! he is at his best on the wing position

- kovy big goal!

- kovy's line was intense and very creative

- higgins : HUUUUUGE goal!! what a beautyyyyy! he could've scored a second one right after on the same PK huh??? hehe

- finally : aebi... another big game! THANX AEBIIIII

nite nite all!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET dreams ^^

336 3 18:44 GOAL MTL EV 79 MARKOV, A: Unassisted, Wrist, 180 ft, EN

180ft for Markov's EN goal... considering the length of ice between one goal to the other is 180ft, that's pretty impressive!

190ft is the maximum (if you fire it off from the boards behind your net -- not taking into consideration the vertical position of the player aka not drawing a straight line, in which case you can have a 200footer and more)

Couple final stats...

Bonk had the most ice time among centers, more the Koivu or Kovalev.

Lats had the longest shifts (still needs work on that, but at least he averaged less them a minute this time.

Niinimma was minus 2.

Oh, and face offs.. Bonk was number one, Kovy number 2, then Koivu, and finally Pleks.

None of them broke 50 percent tonight.

niinimma was minus 2, but that last goal couldve happened to anyone on the ice. I dont think its fair to judge him on his minus 2 in this game, cuz those 2 goals werent his fault, and couldve happened to any defenceman.

Great game by everyone overall, a lil bit disapointed by koivu, that'll teach him not to skip practice... unless hes secretly injured?

Edited by Haboholic

niinimma was minus 2, but that last goal couldve happened to anyone on the ice. I dont think its fair to judge him on his minus 2 in this game, cuz those 2 goals werent his fault, and couldve happened to any defenceman.

Exactly. And for those complaining about Niinimaa, did you even see the Spezza goal? Neither Johnson or Rivet tried to check him, and by the time Rivet moved towards him, he fired it at the net. That had nothing to do with Niinimaa. Was he supposed to abandon his man and fly across the ice to play someone else's man on the far boards? I think not.

I'm just curious what people also watching the game on TV thought of the officiating? I know we have been getting a few hard calls, but so has the other team. So I was just looking for an impartial observation of the game tonight. I have my own, but a family member was on the officiating staff tonight, so I would like to hear what others have to say.

Exactly. And for those complaining about Niinimaa, did you even see the Spezza goal? Neither Johnson or Rivet tried to check him, and by the time Rivet moved towards him, he fired it at the net. That had nothing to do with Niinimaa. Was he supposed to abandon his man and fly across the ice to play someone else's man on the far boards? I think not.

I wasn't really complaining, just pointing out the stats.

That said, the last goal was partially his fault. He was standing there watching when that goal went in. Given there were a few seconds left, it is a rather moot point.

As for Niinimaa's performance, I don't need stats. Watching the game, I was not impressed. He fails to clear the puck, he usually fails to keep it in the offensive zone, and he is generally mediocre. I don't see any upside to this guy, at least not yet. I will keep hoping he improves, but once Dandy or Boo boo are back, I would rather keep Streit in the lineup over Niinimaa.

I mean, Markov and Souray have struggled defensively this season, but they are putting up the points at least.

Ya i think on that play rivet and johnson were confused, they each thought the other person was gunna go for spezza and when rivet realised johnson was takin the D at the point, rivet moved up but it was already too late.

this is gunna give us confidence against carolina! i hope we win, i wanna see 2 wins in a row god dammit! and carolina must pay for what they did last summer, i hope huet plays.

I think both goalies should get equal time, so that when we win the stanley cup, they both feel equally part of the team, and everyones happy!

As for Niinimaa's performance, I don't need stats. Watching the game, I was not impressed. He fails to clear the puck, he usually fails to keep it in the offensive zone, and he is generally mediocre. I don't see any upside to this guy, at least not yet. I will keep hoping he improves, but once Dandy or Boo boo are back, I would rather keep Streit in the lineup over Niinimaa.

I pretty much agree with you there. I was mostly pointing out people who were simply shouting "Niinimaa was -2".