Hockeys Future org rankings update

Look at the teams in front of the Canadiens.

The Habs have done very well considering draft positoning.

very true, we are a good draft team considering are draft positions over the past couple years, except we got lucky in the lockout draft..........

very true, we are a good draft team considering are draft positions over the past couple years, except we got lucky in the lockout draft..........

Then again, had we picked up #10 or so, we still would have had a legit chance at landing Price. It was just a stacked draft.

Top five is still pretty good... pretty good

Go :hlogo: Go!

Funny how they don't mention Higgins as a graduate. And how does Sergei Kostisyn not rank ahead of his brother. I heard he was a lot better

• 8 months later...

May 21st, 2007

1 - Los Angeles

2 - Montréal

3 - Chicago

4 - St. Louis

5 - Washington

Strengths: The club is rich in prospects, with great depth -- a healthy combination of both quality and quantity. They have elite prospects at all positions, with Carey Price between the pipes, and Andrei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovski in the fold on the wings. They are complemented by valuable, solid, but unspectacular talents on the point Alexei Emelin, Pavel Valentenko, and Ryan O'Byrne. From defensive-minded stalwarts like Kyle Chipchura and Maxim Lapierre to offensively gifted projects like Mathieu Aubin and Sergei Kostitsyn, the Canadiens have accumulated talent across the board in all categories. Weaknesses: While they have solid talent throughout, the club's forward prospects are lacking in size. In addition, while they have potential on the blue line, the club lacks any marquee talent to quarterback the power play or log the 30 minutes a game one often needs from their top defenseman. Top Five Prospects: Carey Price (G), Andrei Kostitsyn (LW), Kyle Chipchura ©, Mikhail Grabovski (LW), David Fischer (D) Key Graduates: Guillaume Latendresse

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/nhl_organisation_rankings/

May 21st, 2007

1 - Los Angeles

2 - Montréal

3 - Chicago

4 - St. Louis

5 - Washington

had a ryan mcdonagh and max paccioretty and most of our weaknesses are covered. I think we'll be 1stwhen it,s all said and done.

This is from October 29 2006.

Without a homer bias, there is no other team in the NHL that has the depth at every position that the Canadiens have right now. Even if you look at all the teams that have been consistently picking in the top 5 they still have holes listed where you just can't find any with the habs prospect chart.

Now that the draft has been completed, there are no holes anywhere.

Edited by Habitforming

I'd say the Habs weakness is that they don't have a blue chip prospect...I suppose Price qualifies but there is not real superstar position player in waiting within the Habs system. They have quality and depth, and one may develop into that superstar but currently there is no stand out position player that makes you say "wow". JMHO.

Edited by Zowpeb

I'd say the Habs weakness is that they don't have a blue chip prospect...I suppose Price qualifies but there is not real superstar position player in waiting within the Habs system. They have quality and depth, and one may develop into that superstar but currently there is no stand out position player that makes you say "wow". JMHO.

Corey Locke.

Building from within The way to success is is including the prospects year after year so there is always room for others the year after,

i don't think they can miss a year without graduating a t least two for the next 4 years.

8 from our top 20 will make it, i would put my cat on fire if they don't.

Corey Locke.

I have only seen Locke play a few times and I know he was highly thought of in junior. He's also had some success in the AHL.

He's pushed down all the charts because of his lack of speed and size.

I actually like prospects who continue to put up results despite all the odds. Locke seems to have the ability to just get it done.

However, he's hardly a blue chip prospect.

Blue chip guys are players like Carey Price. Or guys who came up like Vanek, Phaneuf, E. Staal, Spezza...prospects who basically everyone KNEW were going to be big time players. Who do the Habs have in their system that have that??

Sure, some guys may pan out into 70+ point guys, like A. Kostsytsin, Grabovsky, Higgins or even Pleks, but none are sure fire bets to be consistent offensive laden stars. THAT's what the Habs are missing. They have lots of prospect depth players who will fill in the 2nd to 4th lines...and very few 1st line stars in waiting.

Building from within The way to success is is including the prospects year after year so there is always room for others the year after,

i don't think they can miss a year without graduating a t least two for the next 4 years.

8 from our top 20 will make it, i would put my cat on fire if they don't.

can I watch????

We were #1 in 2003, BTW. So I don't take a lot of stock in the actual number. I think we have a good, deep pool of prospects, but outside of Price, we lack in star potential.

Dear All:

Would anyone have stats (and names) of Bulldog players who where promotted to the Habs annually since say 2003 or 2003: either at the very beginning or in mid-season? It would be intersting to see what the average number of promotions are, as well as position. This may provide yet another clue as to what happens this Fall.