Official "Once Higgins comes back" Thread

Athlétique.Canadien

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Douglas Higgins was heard saying: "I will return!"

GO :hlogo: GO!

All I know is that he should be back by mid-December.

I would highly doubt that he'd not be in Montreal for rehab. He probably needs to be working with their staff while he gets better. And it's not like it was a 6 month injury where he couldn't do anything but rest for the first 3 months...

I would highly doubt that he'd not be in Montreal for rehab. He probably needs to be working with their staff while he gets better. And it's not like it was a 6 month injury where he couldn't do anything but rest for the first 3 months...

By back, I meant playing. ;)

By back, I meant playing. ;)

oh, yes, i realize that. I should have actually quoted Habstown, who was asking if Higgins was in NY while rehabbing... I meant that I still think he'd be rehabbing in Montreal.

Is he back yet?

Some article last week said that he was likely to need all six weeks to recover, and he was gonna miss the trip to NY in early december, which is too bad for him bc he always plays well, and gets a lot of family / friends in the crowd. Wish I could remember where the article was... sorry can't find the source.

The way things are looking, I would like to see the following lineup nce Higins comes back:

samsonov---koivu----kovalev

Latendresse---Higgins---Ryder

perezoghin---Bonk----Johnson

Begin----Plex-----Lapierre

I believe that Koivu could contribute to the Russians getting there game back. For the second line, I believe that it would show a good mix of players: power forward, playmaker, sniper.

if things dont get better ( and better as in more than 1 pt per game for the second line) not counting PP then I really want to see koivu between the two russians... and then have Lats (LW/RW), Ryder(RW), Higgins(LW/C) and Plek(ALL) fight it off for the second line... who ever sucks the most gets tossed down to the 4th. and then get re-assessed during practice and game performance.

Kozed, it looks good, but i wouldn't be surpised if a top 6 forward is moved to keep Lats on the top 2 lines.

Could be. At this point, Lats looks better on the RW than Ryder. Better at keeping the puck and at making plays. On the other hand, Samsonov and Plex needs to be seperated. Play too much the same type and can't adapt to each other.

Say Lats stays instead of Ryder once Higgins comes back. Where does Ryder goes? 2nd line? Kovy's there. 3rd line? Johnson. 4th? That's tough to imagine.

Yes, i agree about that, Ryder just seems to be trying too hard in offensive zone. Atleast he is hustling, hitting and playing D. I do think someone will be moved, but i don't know who.

Higgins, Koivu, Kovalev

Samsonov, Latendresse, Ryder

Perezhogin. Bonk, Johnson

Begin, Plekanec, Kostitsyn

Markov, Souray

Boullion, Dandenault

Rivet, Komisarek

Huet

This assumes that Latendresse can play center - I really don't know if he can or not, but it might be worth a try. He certainly can't lose any more face-offs than Plekanec did last night. If not then change the second and fourth lines like so:

Samsonov, Plekanec, Ryder

Kostitsyn, Begin, Latendresse

Could be fun.

Higgins Koivu Ryder

Latendresse Kovalev Samsonov

Perezhogin Bonk Johnson

Bégin Plekanec Dandenault

Markov Komisarek

Souray Rivet

Bouillon Streit

Huet

Aebischer

Plekanec just dont belong on an offensive line IMO, thats just not the type of player he is. I put Dandenault on the 4th line because he's better than both Murray and Downey. And maybe putting Tender with our 2 russian underacheivers could help them to get going...

And maybe putting Tender with our 2 russian underacheivers could help them to get going...

You can't do that to a 19 year old kid. He's not ready to be the guy to jumpstart two struggling veterans. He's succeeding with Koivu and Ryder, that is where he should stay. Higgins, on the other hand, has proven himself much more and is a better choice to jumpstart Kovy and Sammy. Plus, Higgins has experience playing center, so they wouldn't need to try Kovy there again, an experiment that failed.

This assumes that Latendresse can play center - I really don't know if he can or not, but it might be worth a try. He certainly can't lose any more face-offs than Plekanec did last night. If not then change the second and fourth lines like so:

No he can't. Center is way too big a load of responsabilities to throw upon a 19 yrs old who never played the position in his life. Not anyone can play C.

You can't do that to a 19 year old kid. He's not ready to be the guy to jumpstart two struggling veterans. He's succeeding with Koivu and Ryder, that is where he should stay. Higgins, on the other hand, has proven himself much more and is a better choice to jumpstart Kovy and Sammy. Plus, Higgins has experience playing center, so they wouldn't need to try Kovy there again, an experiment that failed.

I tend to agree. That would lend us a big 1-2 punch at C with Koivu and Higgins. And it would allow Plex to center a line with Begin who is more comfortable on the LW.